SportsWrath

prince or pauper?

Cowboyz

i don't agree. wr is one of the hardest positions to start a rookie right away.

if amukamara's a true elite talent (top ten draft) he should be judged by his performance vs the best not the guy he shut out from western kentucky.

he also held Jeff Fuller, who is an top nfl prospect to one reception. He faced more, then Blackmon in his career in did well against the best talent. Also Ryan Broyles, he held to 3 catches for 61 yards. Dennard was on the other side, and he is a first round talent for next years draft, but Amukamara faced each teams top receiver and did well.

To be fair Blackmon only had two big catches in that game too,both for long td's and One of them was them was because Prince got no safety help, over the top, on a flea flicker. He did well against Blackmon for the majority of that game. You take away the two TD's, the one I was referring too was 80 yards, Blackmon only had three catches for 27 yards, was a complete non factor in the second half. oh yeah, NEBRASKA won the game.

he also held Jeff Fuller, who is an top nfl prospect to one reception. He faced more, then Blackmon in his career in did well against the best talent. Also Ryan Broyles, he held to 3 catches for 61 yards. Dennard was on the other side, and he is a first round talent for next years draft, but Amukamara faced each teams top receiver and did well.

To be fair Blackmon only had two big catches in that game too,both for long td's and One of them was them was because Prince got no safety help, over the top, on a flea flicker. He did well against Blackmon for the majority of that game. You take away the two TD's, the one I was referring too was 80 yards, Blackmon only had three catches for 27 yards, was a complete non factor in the second half. oh yeah, NEBRASKA won the game.

thanks for discussing the topic and not making it personal.

i agree that fuller and broyles are top prospects, but neither have blackmon's skills, which is why he's considered nfl ready, and not simply a top prospect.

amuka was left on an island all year long, including the osu game vs blackmon. that is def admirable, and if he can do it in the pros then he was truly a top ten talent.

prince never had safety help in that game, and yes i know that gears toward your point more than mine. 5 catches 150+ yards, and two td's. would've been 3 td's, but prince realized he was beat on another and committed pass interference. and several times blackmon got open only to be over or underthrown. take away this play or that play, but it just doesn't work like that.

nebraska winning the game is neither here nor there when discussing the matchup.

good post

thanks for discussing the topic and not making it personal.

i agree that fuller and broyles are top prospects, but neither have blackmon's skills, which is why he's considered nfl ready, and not simply a top prospect.

amuka was left on an island all year long, including the osu game vs blackmon. that is def admirable, and if he can do it in the pros then he was truly a top ten talent.

prince never had safety help in that game, and yes i know that gears toward your point more than mine. 5 catches 150+ yards, and two td's. would've been 3 td's, but prince realized he was beat on another and committed pass interference. and several times blackmon got open only to be over or underthrown. take away this play or that play, but it just doesn't work like that.

nebraska winning the game is neither here nor there when discussing the matchup.

good post

Yeah your right, there was tons of offense on both sides. Taylor Martinez had a monster game, and nobody considers him a NFL QB. I do think Blackmon is a stud wideout, it will be between him and Alshon Jeffrey has the top wideouts next year. Michael Floyd, is also there. Fuller and Broyles should be first round guys as well.

Yeah your right, there was tons of offense on both sides. Taylor Martinez had a monster game, and nobody considers him a NFL QB. I do think Blackmon is a stud wideout, it will be between him and Alshon Jeffrey has the top wideouts next year. Michael Floyd, is also there. Fuller and Broyles should be first round guys as well.

Yo cowboyz... see this guy DuhMauriceSmith? He's like our Mel Kiper except with actual knowledge.

broyles i'm sure will go in rnd 1 or 2 but i'm not high on wr's from ou. they're usually lacking in a pro offense.

the only one i can think of that's had recent success is clayton for the rams, and it took him a while to get up to speed.

my brother is a Cowboys fan, not sure how when he was born in raised in White Plains, NY. I guess he liked Danny White, when he was little

So is my younger bro. But he's one of those guys that only watch certain games or if theyre in the playoffs. Cant name you the whole squad or anything. Likes the neat jerseys and hats they sell and has a dallas cowboy cheerleader calendar.

You know, the typical cowboy fan. :smartass:

So is my younger bro. But he's one of those guys that only watch certain games or if theyre in the playoffs. Cant name you the whole squad or anything. Likes the neat jerseys and hats they sell and has a dallas cowboy cheerleader calendar.

You know, the typical cowboy fan. :smartass:

those aren't typical. in fact right now all those guys are exclusively mavericks fans.

those aren't typical. in fact right now all those guys are exclusively mavericks fans.

When I stereotype like that, Im sure it has a lot to do with me relocating to AZ years ago. Here in AZ, thats EVERY cowboy fan around. EVERY ONE. <_<

I call bullshit. These aren't experts, just people with opinions. Get in line.

Wonder is looking at Prince Amukamara as a top 10 pick and he went at 19. He is not Darrell Revis but he might be just like any other CB drafted this year.

Pete, never watched a game Prince Amukamara played in; simply doing his review based on statistics.

Bill Parcell's confidential draft? Hell didn't even bother with doing the statistics, nevermind watching the games.

Their opinion holds as much weight as mine. IMO, I have no idea until I see him on the field.

Jerry Reese also had an opinion on Prince Amukamara, the deciding one and believes the Giants drafted an excellent corner to add to our secondary.

I call bullshit. These aren't experts, just people with opinions. Get in line.

Wonder is looking at Prince Amukamara as a top 10 pick and he went at 19. He is not Darrell Revis but he might be just like any other CB drafted this year.

Pete, never watched a game Prince Amukamara played in; simply doing his review based on statistics.

Bill Parcell's confidential draft? Hell didn't even bother with doing the statistics, nevermind watching the games.

Their opinion holds as much weight as mine. IMO, I have no idea until I see him on the field.

Jerry Reese also had an opinion on Prince Amukamara, the deciding one and believes the Giants drafted an excellent corner to add to our secondary.

i recommend their blog to everyone here. it's objective and no sugar coating, from diehard gint fans.

they've got a bead on the nfc east for damn sure. they also have an iphone app available

here's their history.

Wonder

A certified Jets fanatic, Wonder hails from the Bronx and now resides in Vegas. The Giants are his #2 team, but the rest of us should be lucky enough to know as much about football with our #1 as Wonder does for all the rest. His knowledge of the NFL is unsurpassed. The unofficial UltimateNYG guru, he has a beat on EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL. Wonder has a keen eye for evaluating talent and is brutally honest about grading out coaches, players and prospects for the NFL. This site is fortunate to have him share his wisdom with us on a semi-regular basis.

Peter Scott Furman

Pete has been passionate about football his whole life. He played Varsity football all the way through college and then hung up his spikes. His team has always been the N.Y. Football Giants. Born and raised in the NY Metropolitan area, he's a passionate college football fan who presently lives in Atlanta, GA. Pete was a game scout for the Raiders for 15 years. Al Davis would send someone to every N.F.L. game each weekend of the NFL Season. His purpose was to stay current on who played well and who did not. Pete supplied injury reports, potential trade information and gave Davis updates on ex-Raider players. Now writing for UltimateNYG, he gets to do his first love, Sports Journalism.