SportsWrath

Cowboys in 2012

Cowboyz

Shall we look at the definition of miracle?

Miracle- A highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment

There ya go, dude, that's the word you're looking for. No negative connotation.

I've already called it miraculous in this very thread have i not?

to me that's even more negative. you needed a little luck vs you needed god to intervene.

so is it fair to say you had the EXACT same reaction when steve smith converted his 3rd down you mentioned?

Of course. The anxiety was palpable on both those plays.

to me that's even more negative. you needed a little luck vs you needed god to intervene.

What would happen if they had called the U.S victory over the Soviets the "Fluke on Ice". Get what I'm saying?

Like I said, you seem to know something about football. To come in here and call a Super Bowl victory a "fluke victory" or even a "fluke play" and then claim to not understand why it makes fans of the NYG (this is the New York Giants section and a predominately NYG board) angry is most definitely being what you claim not to be, trollish. The word "fluke" most definitely has a negative connotation. You won't hear any fans outside of the NFC East nor any football analysts or commentators etc. call it a fluke for that exact reason. You're much more likely to hear it called a miracle victory or even an underdog victory.

I, for one, liked our chances against the Patriots from the start. I won some money on that game, and not just because I'm a Giants fan. We had all the momentum and should have beat them in the regular season, anyway.

haha i'll have to call bs. sorry

Because you don't know anything about that Super Bowl or that drive. We probably aren't talking about this right now if Steve Smith doesn't make that 3rd down. We'd be talking about how the Giants kept the game close against the Patriots.

Where do you see God in that definition?

What would happen if they had called the U.S victory over the Soviets the "Fluke on Ice". Get what I'm saying?

Like I said, you seem to know something about football. To come in here and call a Super Bowl victory a "fluke victory" or even a "fluke play" and then claim to not understand why it makes fans of the NYG (this is the New York Giants section and a predominately NYG board) angry is most definitely being what you claim not to be, trollish. The word "fluke" most definitely has a negative connotation. You won't hear any fans outside of the NFC East nor any football analysts or commentators etc. call it a fluke for that exact reason. You're much more likely to hear it called a miracle victory or even an underdog victory.

I, for one, liked our chances against the Patriots from the start. I won some money on that game, and not just because I'm a Giants fan. We had all the momentum and should have beat them in the regular season, anyway.

to me, calling it the miracle on ice is worse. again divine intervention vs plain old luck

i don't understand why anyone would get 'angry' by reading another human beings opinion.

I've said from the start, if you want me to leave, i'll go. this is all good natured rubbing to me. i can't help it that you guys can't control your emotions

when youre reading shit on the internet. that says more about you than me pal.

you're saying no one calls it a fluke play except division rivals? again, i must call de bs!

Even if this guy is nothing more then a troll, atleast it's brought some much needed activity to this board.

that's what i'm saying. i'm not a troll, i'm a cowboys fan. i'm here to talk smack and football.

i thought it was supposed to be fun for all.

Sorry if I insulted your friends there buddy. :rolleyes:

I got no problem that you have an obvious problem with guys like BadEgg and HotDoggityDog.

I'm just saying I'm pretty sure that mods have said that Eggy and Italian Hotdog are not that same person.

Besides what's wrong with a rival fan coming to this forum? Atleast it's something new, after spending a few years now on this board I'm pretty much know what most people's opinions are on the team.

Because you don't know anything about that Super Bowl or that drive. We probably aren't talking about this right now if Steve Smith doesn't make that 3rd down. We'd be talking about how the Giants kept the game close against the Patriots.

so the 'double miracle' was just another 3rd down conversion to you?

u got ice water in your veins my friend.

at lot of things went your way to allow us to talk about this, not the least of which is the fluke play

I got no problem that you have an obvious problem with guys like BadEgg and HotDoggityDog.

I'm just saying I'm pretty sure that mods have said that Eggy and Italian Hotdog are not that same person.

Besides what's wrong with a rival fan coming to this forum? Atleast it's something new, after spending a few years now on this board I'm pretty much know what most people's opinions are on the team.

thanks

maybe the mods can tell him i'm not either one of those guys. :o

so the 'double miracle' was just another 3rd down conversion to you?

u got ice water in your veins my friend.

at lot of things went your way to allow us to talk about this, not the least of which is the fluke play

The Smith play was later in that drive and was just as nerve wracking. There was less time remaining and it was a 3rd and 11 compared to a 3rd and 5.

thanks

maybe the mods can tell him i'm not either one of those guys. :o

how would they know?

and to the moosehead, it doesn't matter if there's rival fans. there's a guy named dfng, eagles fan,

well loved. ccase is a saints fan- i love him anyway. . mikmak is a skins fan- well liked.

eggz just feels like reinventing himself, that's cool. don't know why he's masquerading though.

The Smith play was later in that drive and was just as nerve wracking. There was less time remaining and it was a 3rd and 11 compared to a 3rd and 5.

If u cant see the diff tween those 2 plays, ur being dishonest with urself.

One went as designed, the other a complete breakdown that ended with a miracle.

Not to mention one occured in the redzone and the other on the other side of the 50.

Theres no way in hell u had same reaction.

Giants outgained the Patriots 338-274. Some fluke victory, huh? The team that played the best football won the game.

Not sure how the yrds mean more than the final score.

But to be fair, elisha didnt have to face ur defense.

how would they know?

and to the moosehead, it doesn't matter if there's rival fans. there's a guy named dfng, eagles fan,

well loved. ccase is a saints fan- i love him anyway. . mikmak is a skins fan- well liked.

eggz just feels like reinventing himself, that's cool. don't know why he's masquerading though.

I have no idea. Ask the guy who made the claim.

u can believe im barrack for all i care

U would be wrong, but that seems to be the common theme

around here.

how would they know?

And boy do they ever post alot outside of the General section of the forum, they all sure have a presence when it comes to the Giants section.

Once again if he is a rival fan I welcome him to the board, it's nice to actually see one new member a year.