SportsWrath

LT comes out as strong supporter of Tiki's comeback

JackStroud

In the Bergen Record yesterday LT came out strong for Tiki's comeback. He thought Tiki had 2-3 more good years in him because of the way he maintains himself and left "clean" (with no injuries)

LT himself said he too at one time contemplated a comeback but said he had not taken proper care of himself to allow for it

I don't care who you are and how well you keep yourself in shape, once you're out for like 4 years (not even considering anyone over 35 has no place running the football in today's NFL) you're done. Period.

I don't care who you are and how well you keep yourself in shape, once you're out for like 4 years (not even considering anyone over 35 has no place running the football in today's NFL) you're done. Period.

where is your precedence for this statement..........who are you referring to, referencing? who tried this and failed......no one???

I thought so

Tiki is a special athlete...........you forget he actually got better as he aged...........maybe he'll come back a 2000 yd runner

look at Vick...........

Look at Muhammed Ali........both guys came back better than ever

you wanna talk age- George Foreman over 50 yrs old and 25 yrs out of the fight game came back and clobbered people, nearly winning back the heavyweight championship

I gave you legitimate examples of very real comebacks...........where are your counter examples of comeback failure???

The common denominator of all these guys is they left un-injured, at the top of their games........what a lot of people do not know about Jim Brown is he retired with a very bad knee he had hid for years

I witnessed Jim a few years ago limping through the Hilton lobby in NYC...........his knee issue was plain as day

I dont know where your are deriving your data and imperial proclamation from, please illuminate or withdraw your theory

Jack...

You really want Tiki back?

What does it say about Tiki that our all time best Skill Player isnt wanted back by BJack, Eli, TC, Reese and that Plax is?

Hes a team cancer.

Greatest offensive Giant ever IMO and nobody wants him back, hes a bad team guy. And at 36 he wont be nearly the same player. I do beleive he has a good year or two in him so im with you on that. But I say pass even though he would help us on 3rd downs and what not.

Jack...

You really want Tiki back?

What does it say about Tiki that our all time best Skill Player isnt wanted back by BJack, Eli, TC, Reese and that Plax is?

Hes a team cancer.

Greatest offensive Giant ever IMO and nobody wants him back, hes a bad team guy. And at 36 he wont be nearly the same player. I do beleive he has a good year or two in him so im with you on that. But I say pass even though he would help us on 3rd downs and what not.

Hmmmm I never said he wanted to come back to the Giants

I don't think he does

The Giants are a ship adrift............it might be 10 years before the Giants sniff the SB again....they are dominated by an old fussbudget

I think he wants to go to Pittsburg

I don't blame him, I would too at this point

Tiki is no cancer, Tuck wants him........I'm sure a lot of guys do but are afraid to admit it

We wil be sacraficed on the alter of misery until we get rid of Coughlin......Coughlin didnt win that SB- Spags led the charge

In the Bergen Record yesterday LT came out strong for Tiki's comeback. He thought Tiki had 2-3 more good years in him because of the way he maintains himself and left "clean" (with no injuries)

LT himself said he too at one time contemplated a comeback but said he had not taken proper care of himself to allow for it

who gives a shit?

Beat writers trying to find something to write about to justify their continued employment during a work stoppage.

This^ I notice they are reaching for anything football nowadays. On ESPN or somewhere, I read a headline about Joe Smoe and Smoe Joe and Mark Smith and Timmy Thompson jumping ship to another league, and they were talking about how other players could follow suit. :blink: They were practice squad players for christ sakes and that was the only time they will every be mentioned in their entire life. It's anything for football, like their is no other sport in the world.

you know sometimes I wonder if you guys are really Giants fans or more fans of the Giants status quo.......most all of you loved Fassel when he was the Giants HC and now laugh at him......he took you to a SB.........something Rex Ryan and the Jets will likely never get to.

It will change over time..........most teams revere their greatest players.....Tiki was and is the greatest Giants RB of all time regardless if you think Coughlin is a good coach or a mediocre dictator

If you fault him for leaving prior to the SB run, maybe he had other things on his mind, and saw no more mountains to climb at the time......I doubt he thought the Giants would win the SB the next year........no one did

His job as a reporter was to report.......its no secret Coughlin is less than fun to play for and Eli is not a born Leader like his brother.

it was a bolt out of the BLUE that SB win.........capped by a miracle catch

you see thats my whole thing.......I want to see the Giants as perennial SB contenders like Pittsburgh, and New England, not a group that over achieves every 20 years.......I do not see us getting to that status without a regime change- namely Coughlin, and unless he ups his game perhaps Eli too

you know sometimes I wonder if you guys are really Giants fans or more fans of the Giants status quo.......most all of you loved Fassel when he was the Giants HC and now laugh at him......he took you to a SB.........something Rex Ryan and the Jets will likely never get to.

It will change over time..........most teams revere their greatest players.....Tiki was and is the greatest Giants RB of all time regardless if you think Coughlin is a good coach or a mediocre dictator

If you fault him for leaving prior to the SB run, maybe he had other things on his mind, and saw no more mountains to climb at the time......I doubt he thought the Giants would win the SB the next year........no one did

His job as a reporter was to report.......its no secret Coughlin is less than fun to play for and Eli is not a born Leader like his brother.

it was a bolt out of the BLUE that SB win.........capped by a miracle catch

you see thats my whole thing.......I want to see the Giants as perennial SB contenders like Pittsburgh, and New England, not a group that over achieves every 20 years.......I do not see us getting to that status without a regime change- namely Coughlin, and unless he ups his game perhaps Eli too

Yeah but you are also the same guy who thought Strahan sucked. So excuse us if we think you are a fucking idiot.

Go die in a fire.

Yeah but you are also the same guy who thought Strahan sucked. So excuse us if we think you are a fucking idiot.

Go die in a fire.

the year Strahan was living in NYC with a guy (hmmmmmm) and dropped to 250 lbs he did suck......thats when i said that...........he also got hurt playing so light

the next year he got back to his 265-270 playing weight and excelled

Go die in a fire.

he also tried to say once that strahan never had a 4th quarter sack in his career.

moron.

never said he never had one but most of his sacks came early in games not late

Strahan was a solid player but he had a few blips in the radar while he fought out his divorce and lost all that weight

you said he never had a 4th quarter sack.

you said he never had a 4th quarter sack.

give it up about Strahan will you

He is now the 5th wheel on a 4 wheel car (Fox NFL Sports)

He is goofball and has no plans to return to play NFL football

In other words I could not care less about this boob......the funny thing is Airhorn actually comes off as an intelligent NFL analyst on ESPN.........Strahan comes off as a guy struggling to make a point, any point :smartass: