SportsWrath

Fewell Likley to continue coaching the Giants Defense

Lughead

God I hope so. I think He will have a far superior 2nd year than he had his first.. we can't deny how your defense has improved over last year. I may have a short term memory but I don't recall Spag's defenses having meltdowns like this.. but that's why I think it's me not remembering than them not actually happening. I just hope we get some impact linebackers... and it doesn't have to be thru the draft either... speaking of which... what prominent linebackers are UFA's this offseason?

God I hope so. I think He will have a far superior 2nd year than he had his first.. we can't deny how your defense has improved over last year. I may have a short term memory but I don't recall Spag's defenses having meltdowns like this.. but that's why I think it's me not remembering than them not actually happening. I just hope we get some impact linebackers... and it doesn't have to be thru the draft either... speaking of which... what prominent linebackers are UFA's this offseason?

Given the labor situation free agency as far as I am concerned is a non factor. The players got a year of open contracts and the end result was nothing. There were no super contracts to take advantage of no cap. If I were the person in charge of the player side of negotiations I would be disappointed at how teams rejected the open cap single season.....it showed a lot of solidarity among the owners to avoid an open season and bring in tons of talent on inflated contracts.

Given the labor situation free agency as far as I am concerned is a non factor. The players got a year of open contracts and the end result was nothing. There were no super contracts to take advantage of no cap. If I were the person in charge of the player side of negotiations I would be disappointed at how teams rejected the open cap single season.....it showed a lot of solidarity among the owners to avoid an open season and bring in tons of talent on inflated contracts.

Props to the owners. To me that saved the integrity of the game. We all have the same amount of $ to spend on talent.. may the best talent wins. It's hard to celebrate too hard when the Yankees win the World Series. But man the Giants have given us 3 straight decades of Super Bowls. Honestly I wasn't even in the US (and was a child) in the 80s.. way too young to remember the early 90s... but man that 2007 season was great...

/rambling

Dear Fewell,

I'm glad to hear you might be coming back to coach for a second year but please for the love of god learn to adapt to an opponents game plan and learn when to blitz and when not to blitz.

You arguably have the personal to have the best defense in the league one that could rival the Steelers or Bears, instead we have complete blowouts and fourth quarter collapses.

Please get your shit together for this next season and put this defense where it needs to be.

Sincerely,

Some Canadian.

Dear Fewell,

I'm glad to hear you might be coming back to coach for a second year but please for the love of god learn to adapt to an opponents game plan and learn when to blitz and when not to blitz.

You arguably have the personal to have the best defense in the league one that could rival the Steelers or Bears, instead we have complete blowouts and fourth quarter collapses.

Please get your shit together for this next season and put this defense where it needs to be.

Sincerely,

Some Canadian.

Dear Canadian,

Please understand that our defensive personnel, while mostly talented, they're not that above and beyond their peers int he NFL... and with the Linebacker situation we have I think teams know it's our weakness and are exploring it to no end.

Fewel will definitely be better in his 2nd year than his first.. as all of us usually are. Now fix the LB issue, and you got a pretty good defense that would rival the Ravens and the Steelers.

Sincerely,

Some Arab-American :D

Dear Canadian,

Please understand that our defensive personnel, while mostly talented, they're not that above and beyond their peers int he NFL... and with the Linebacker situation we have I think teams know it's our weakness and are exploring it to no end.

Fewel will definitely be better in his 2nd year than his first.. as all of us usually are. Now fix the LB issue, and you got a pretty good defense that would rival the Ravens and the Steelers.

Sincerely,

Some Arab-American :D

I would take our D-line and secondary over any other in the NFL today, sure our LB core is average but that can be addressed.

Fewell has under performed this season with the personal he had.

He better step up in his second year.

I would take our D-line and secondary over any other in the NFL today, sure our LB core is average but that can be addressed.

Fewell has under performed this season with the personal he had.

He better step up in his second year.

Well that's what we are going to be looking at... I think he will do much better in his 2nd year.

I wouldn't mind keeping him, in fact I think his game plans were usually great. Fewell did not blow that 4th quarter lead to the Eagles, the game plan was still there to stop Philadelphia. the players just all the sudden forgot how to execute. JPP got freed up and had his hands on Vick for a sack until Vick slipped him and ran for 50 yards, Phillips had a chance to break the pass to Celek, he whiffed. Things are always not the coordinators fault and yes we have a shitload of talent but sometimes they have lapses in judgement.

You must like the Tampa 2 Defense then . :jerkoff:

I think the Tampa 2 worked for the most part, were are missing a critical element of that defense and thats a playcaller at MLB, Rodgers exposed our two deep safeties but that's cause they blew their assignments and weren't were they were supposed to be in coverage. I believe our personnel is a perfect fit for the Tampa 2 and we haven't even seen all Fewell could do with this defense, with a few decent LB's we can be even better. In fact we had a safety playing LB, so last years D was more like the Tampa 4.

I wouldn't mind keeping him, in fact I think his game plans were usually great. Fewell did not blow that 4th quarter lead to the Eagles, the game plan was still there to stop Philadelphia. the players just all the sudden forgot how to execute. JPP got freed up and had his hands on Vick for a sack until Vick slipped him and ran for 50 yards, Phillips had a chance to break the pass to Celek, he whiffed. Things are always not the coordinators fault and yes we have a shitload of talent but sometimes they have lapses in judgement.

Most of it was a staggering breakdown in execution. But if I hope that's the last time I see Tuck dropping into coverage.