SportsWrath

Osi, Tuck defend Coughlin

JMFP

Some valid points....

Players were highly supportive of Coughlin in the past week and dismissive of any need for a change. They stuck to that script after word came down from co-owner John Mara that no change is forthcoming.

"The respect level we have for [Coughlin] is tremendous," Justin Tuck said. "I just don't see how you upgrade in that position. Super Bowl, playoff berths, since I've been here we haven't had a losing record. I'm really comfortable and excited with the fact he'll be back next year and we can go at this thing again."

Osi Umenyiora also praised Coughlin.

"We like him. He's a good coach. He's our coach," Umenyiora said. "Everybody has their ups and downs, but at the end of the day, he's a good coach, and we love him. He's one of the best coaches in football.

"Anytime something like that [losses to the Eagles and Packers] happens, there's going to be speculation. But you're not going to find coaches better than him. He can't go out on the football field. He didn't give up 21 points in the last eight minutes of the game. That was all on us. If anything, they should be talking about firing some of the players."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/coughlin_team_has_his_back_5P2p8e9Yxc8IN6j9ISlMJL#ixzz19zkDZDvI

I think they are genuine in their support of him... I myself really do like and respect TC.... I don't want TC gone... I just don't want Gilbride gone so bad that if they are a package deal then fire them both just to get Gilbride outta here.

Why not? Shockey and Barber did.

What's so wrong about the team supporting Coughlin?

Shockey and Barber were also both out the door soon after.

Look it's possible they're genuine, but I dont expect anyone to lay the wood on him so shortly after if they didnt before the season ended.

Shockey and Barber were also both out the door soon after.

Look it's possible they're genuine, but I dont expect anyone to lay the wood on him so shortly after if they didnt before the season ended.

Now would actually be the perfect time to "lay the wood" into Coughlin, a shaky season and by all account we might see the biggest coaching pool this offseason then any other.

If the players wanted Coughlin gone, now would be the time to start voicing their concerns.

"Anytime something like that [losses to the Eagles and Packers] happens, there's going to be speculation. But you're not going to find coaches better than him. He can't go out on the football field. He didn't give up 21 points in the last eight minutes of the game. That was all on us. If anything, they should be talking about firing some of the players."

Yup.

Start with about 70% of the special teams, about 40% of the linebackers.

Bottom line:

Coughlin walked into a franchise that was completely rudderless. He had a losing season his first year, and since then, has been a consistent winner.

This team was 8 minutes away from a #2 seed....yes, it sucks that the team didn't make the playoffs, but at least every week meant something. We certainly improved from last year.

I remember before Coughlin when the notion of making the playoffs was gone before Thanksgiving.

Now would actually be the perfect time to "lay the wood" into Coughlin, a shaky season and by all account we might see the biggest coaching pool this offseason then any other.

If the players wanted Coughlin gone, now would be the time to start voicing their concerns.

The only thing these particular collection of albiet talented Giants is good at is cashing their checks........I saw no pride against Philadelphia, and no heart in Green Bay......they like things just the way they are.......beating up on the soft teams and mailing it in against contenders.........schedule willing having a 10-6 seasons and then lighting up a cigar.

Sam Huff must be spinning in his grave, along with Joe Morrison

The only thing these particular collection of albiet talented Giants is good at is cashing their checks........I saw no pride against Philadelphia, and no heart in Green Bay......they like things just the way they are.......beating up on the soft teams and mailing it in against contenders.........schedule willing having a 10-6 seasons and then lighting up a cigar.

Sam Huff must be spinning in his grave, along with Joe Morrison

Huff is very much alive, far as I know. Maybe he's spinning on his bed.

Huff is very much alive, far as I know. Maybe he's spinning on his bed.

whatever hes spinning.......Sam gave it his all on every down as did Joe

did you see Sonny Jurgenson in the owners booth........boy was he ever a piece of work, and deadly as a dart thrower with the requisite beer belly