SportsWrath

Listen to the call in show

Lughead

Huh? Banks hasn't coached anything in his life...just because the guy was a good player for us...doesn't mean it'll make him a good coach.

Do you ever listen to Banks? But what ever I feel he would make a good coach ... Just because he has never coached before doesn't mean he can't , So you can go either way with that argument.

I agree Lughead......Banks is an excellent analyst, and I think he'd make an awesome coach some day.

First off, the guy has walked the walk as a player.....I can't think of a Giant player I admired more than that guy.

Secondly, Banks is very smart....he was a smart player, and he's a smart analyst.

Third, I see him being a great player's coach....I think he would really connect with players.

Do you ever listen to Banks? But what ever I feel he would make a good coach ... Just because he has never coached before doesn't mean he can't , So you can go either way with that argument.

if anything promote armstead to the position, who was also a great player for us and has actually been around the players doing coaching type work.

if anything promote armstead to the position, who was also a great player for us and has actually been around the players doing coaching type work.

well either way would be a viable option if it presented itself. Then again yo have to look at who we have at Lber I mean DIllard was the first Lber we drafted last year and he saw the fields about 5 minutes this year we need young fast smart coachable Linebackers Bulluck and Bolley are not the answer. and they have age. BTW we never realy saw Blackburn in at Lber much if at all this year have we?

It may just be me but I'm less interested in who the LB coach is than I am with getting better talent at the position. Tonight I saw Goff get blocked out of a play by an offensive lineman who was already blocking an NYG down lineman... it might have been Trent Williams. And is it just me or has Bulluck been just about invisible all damn year... nice INT in this game, but that was a terrible throw from Grossman on a miscommunication with the receiver running a wheel route. Now, don't get me wrong, Bulluck was an ok stop gap, but the lack of speed and playmaking ability from the linebacker position hurt this team this year, it really dragged the defense down. Some people here have blamed the DL for teams being able to run a bit on the Giants this season.... but last I checked a DL has 4 players and the opposing OL has 5 players.... plus a TE usually to help and a full back... it's the linebackers that need to fill those gaps and stop forward momentum.

It may just be me but I'm less interested in who the LB coach is than I am with getting better talent at the position. Tonight I saw Goff get blocked out of a play by an offensive lineman who was already blocking an NYG down lineman... it might have been Trent Williams. And is it just me or has Bulluck been just about invisible all damn year... nice INT in this game, but that was a terrible throw from Grossman on a miscommunication with the receiver running a wheel route. Now, don't get me wrong, Bulluck was an ok stop gap, but the lack of speed and playmaking ability from the linebacker position hurt this team this year, it really dragged the defense down. Some people here have blamed the DL for teams being able to run a bit on the Giants this season.... but last I checked a DL has 4 players and the opposing OL has 5 players.... plus a TE usually to help and a full back... it's the linebackers that need to fill those gaps and stop forward momentum.

Without a doubt, this defense needs an impact linebacker. We need a fast, versatile linebacker (preferably two).

Goff is okay.....he'll likely get better next season....but he's not an impact playmaker.

Can't believe you left out Goff who rarely flashed this year. He started 15 games this year and only had 72 tackles, only 48 solo. A MLB in a 4-3 should at least be pushing 100. Old ass Ray Lewis had 128 tackles this year. Old ass London Fletcher had 127. Barrett Ruud in TB had 110. Karlos Dansby, a player we could've had, tallied 95 in 14 starts. Bottom line, Goff wasn't good enough and we paid for it. Ditto for Bulluck and Boley. At least Boley had 81 tackles from the weakside, though... I'm thinking it's Goff and Bulluck that were lacking.

Can't believe you left out Goff who rarely flashed this year. He started 15 games this year and only had 72 tackles, only 48 solo. A MLB in a 4-3 should at least be pushing 100. Old ass Ray Lewis had 128 tackles this year. Old ass London Fletcher had 127. Barrett Ruud in TB had 110. Karlos Dansby, a player we could've had, tallied 95 in 14 starts. Bottom line, Goff wasn't good enough and we paid for it. Ditto for Bulluck and Boley. At least Boley had 81 tackles from the weakside, though... I'm thinking it's Goff and Bulluck that were lacking.

i didn't leave out goff, i didn't talk about any of our linebackers at all actually.

Without a doubt, this defense needs an impact linebacker. We need a fast, versatile linebacker (preferably two).

Goff is okay.....he'll likely get better next season....but he's not an impact playmaker.

Goff...really? I liked what I saw from him. Keep in mind he's still pretty raw. I'm willing to bet Goff next season will be very good for us and will be an impact.

We need OL more than LBs.

Goff...really? I liked what I saw from him. Keep in mind he's still pretty raw. I'm willing to bet Goff next season will be very good for us and will be an impact.

We need OL more than LBs.

It's a long season and he made some plays here and there, but far fewer than he should have... and most importantly, there were no really athletic plays from him that I can remember that really stood out. There were certain aspects about Antonio Pierce that I really liked back in the day. He always prepared well and had the defense ready... and he positioned himself well during games, but he was limited athletically. Still, he made the most of his limited athleticism and was a better than average, if not spectacular linebacker.

Goff is similar to Pierce in athleticism and that is not something that gets better with time. What can get better is preparation and desire.... but even if he can equal Pierce in those aspects, he'll never be the kind of linebacker that will be a difference maker or play maker on defense. We SORELY need more athleticism and playmaking ability in the linebacker spot, preferrably at MLB.

Sorry PDubs, I meant to reply to Lughead who called out Boley and Bulluck.

I only mentioned Bulluck and Boley because of their age. I said we need young fast coachable Lbers. maybe Goff would be a better OLB instead of a MLB

In my opinion, the linebacker squad needs players and coaches. On the one hand, we might be trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit; but on the other, how many bodies were thrown at that position, and we still can't have some semblance of competence?

I agree Lughead......Banks is an excellent analyst, and I think he'd make an awesome coach some day.

First off, the guy has walked the walk as a player.....I can't think of a Giant player I admired more than that guy.

Secondly, Banks is very smart....he was a smart player, and he's a smart analyst.

Third, I see him being a great player's coach....I think he would really connect with players.

Joe Morris will be happy to read that. :busted_cop: