SportsWrath

Probably not the time to be discussing playoffs...

so-cal dub

...after that despicable showing today.

whatever, I'm going to. Even though after watching today put the cherry on top of all the clown shoe games we've played, the Giants are actually still in the driver seat for a playoff seed. Just kiss the division and for that matter the top 4 seeds goodbye. I'm a firm believer, especially after 07, that the playoffs start a whole new season and we can erase all these pathetic games we've had so far.

If GB loses tonight...which they most likely should, either the Giants only need one win in the next two weeks or will we be guaranteed a spot no matter? :unsure:

...after that despicable showing today.

whatever, I'm going to. Even though after watching today put the cherry on top of all the clown shoe games we've played, the Giants are actually still in the driver seat for a playoff seed. Just kiss the division and for that matter the top 3 seeds goodbye. I'm a firm believer, especially after 07, that the playoffs start a whole new season and we can erase all these pathetic games we've had so far.

If GB loses tonight...which they most likely should, either the Giants only need one win in the next two weeks or will we be guaranteed a spot no matter? :unsure:

we dont have much of a homefield advantage unless we're playing a tampa bay or some warm weather team + we've done it on the road before. as long as we get in we got a good shot

we dont have much of a homefield advantage unless we're playing a tampa bay or some warm weather team + we've done it on the road before. as long as we get in we got a good shot

If we beat Green Bay next week, we'd be the 6th seed and play the Bears.

I don't think the Bears are all that tremendous either.

We can still get the 5th seed which would pit us against the NFC West winner. I'm hoping for that scenario. The saints have to play Atlanta and Tampa these next 2 weeks. They might lose both the way they they've been playing. If we hold onto the 6 seed, we get Chicago. (as it stands now). We have kicked the shit out of Chicago this season, but that seems likes years ago. I'd rather play St.Louis in the opener.

If we win next week, we are in the playoffs.

If we lose next week, we have to win against the Redskins, and GB and TB would have to lose in order for us to make the playoffs.

i believe we hold the tiebreaker over tampa, so if we lose next week and win against the redskins it doesnt matter what tampa does.

You know...I hate doing math....they should have just fucking won today so I can avoid all this critical thinking bullshit.

:clap:

i remember saying we need the KILL KILL KILL attitude a while back and I was basically scoffed at hows that feel this week ? it was KILL KILL QUIT. We have to go 5 straight wins, now is KILL KILL KILL . But i dont see it happening because we have had it happen all year .

If we win next week, we are in the playoffs.

If we lose next week, we have to win against the Redskins, and GB and TB would have to lose in order for us to make the playoffs.

Yes, pretty sure that's the way it goes....we get some help if the Bears lose against the Vikings, but that's doubtful.

Next week is what is comes down to.....which is why the Giants just need to get today's game in the rearview mirror as quickly as possible.

:clap:

i remember saying we need the KILL KILL KILL attitude a while back and I was basically scoffed at hows that feel this week ? it was KILL KILL QUIT. We have to go 5 straight wins, now is KILL KILL KILL . But i dont see it happening because we have had it happen all year .

Yeah because blowing out teams by 50 points would of prevented this loss :rolleyes:

Yeah because blowing out teams by 50 points would of prevented this loss :rolleyes:

I believe VG nailed this topic already.

But yeah, if we win by 1 point, who cares we won. Someone should tell Killdrive he isnt coaching for a Rose Bowl appearance.

If we beat Green Bay next week, we'd be the 6th seed and play the Bears.

I don't think the Bears are all that tremendous either.

word, the only team in the NFC that i dont want to play is the team we played today. anyone else im cool with

It’s still not official, but what we’ve been telling you is accurate: the Giants are in the playoffs with a victory over the Packers on Sunday.

That’s the good news after the meltdown against the Eagles. With a victory over Green Bay, they’d be one game ahead of the Pack plus the head-to-head tiebreaker with one game to play. The NFL confirmed last week the Giants have clinched the strength-of-victory tiebreaker over the Buccaneers, so they’d get in ahead of both of those teams should they have equal 10-6 records at the end of the season.

Giant beat reporter Mike Garafolo and Zach Berman analyze the Giants stunning loss 38-31 to the Eagles Giant beat reporter Mike Garafolo and Zach Berman analyze the Giants stunning loss 38-31 to the Eagles Giant beat reporter Mike Garafolo and Zach Berman analyze the Giants stunning loss 38-31 as the Eagles score 28 points in the final 7:28, capped by DeSean Jackson's punt return on the final play. (Video by William Perlman/The Star-Ledger) Watch video

Also, if the Vikings beat the Bears tonight, the Giants would get into the postseason with a victory in either of their final two games. The reason for that is the Packers would win the NFC North with a victory over Chicago in Week 17. That would drop the Bears and Giants to 10-6, with the Giants’ victory over Chicago in Week 4 being the tiebreaker. In the event of a multi-team tiebreaker, the Giants would get in ahead of Chicago because of a better conference record.

Now, for those asking if the Giants still have a shot at the fifth seed and a first-round game against the NFC West winner (the Rams are in first place right now with a 6-8 record), the answer is yes. I haven’t figured out all of the scenarios but I can tell you the Giants would get the fifth seed if:

--They win their last two games while the Saints lose two. The Giants would be 11-5 while the Saints would be 10-6. The Giants would have the best record among non-division winners, hence the first Wild Card slot being theirs.

OR

--The Saints lose their last two games, the Giants win one and the Buccaneers win out. The Giants, Saints and Bucs would all be 10-6, but the Giants would get the first playoff slot.

Why would the Giants get in ahead of the Saints in that second scenario, you ask? Well, because of the way the NFL breaks ties -- in the division first. So the Bucs would eliminate the Saints because of a better winning percentage in common games. That would pit the Giants and Bucs in a tiebreaker. The Giants would win that one because of a better record in common games.

If the Giants go head-to-head with the Saints in a tiebreaker, they would lose out because of a worse winning percentage in common games. (Saints are 5-0, Giants are 3-1. The loss to the Cowboys would be crucial in that scenario.)

Got it?

DE Dave Tollefson left Sunday's game with a knee sprain suffered in the second quarter and did not return. According to someone informed of the specifics of Tollefson's injury, it's a sprained medial collateral ligament.

The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants haven't commented on Tollefson's injury, said early indications were it wasn't an injury that will knock Tollefson out for the season. His status for Sunday's game against Green Bay is unclear at this point.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/12/giants_can_clinch_playoff_bert.html