SportsWrath

So the infamous 2004 trade 6 years later

WolfA4

I'll wait till Phil and Eli are retired and then stack up the numbers. Chargers are busy shooting themselves and they are aiming for organs.

So the Chargers are going to cut Merriman looks like the 2004 trade worked out pretty damn well for the Giants. Thanks A.J. Smith :)

You know I thought the exact same thing when I heard about Merriman being put on "IR" and basically being told by the Chargers he's gone come season end. I mean when you look at the trade we got Eli and they got Merriman, Kaeding and Rivers, Merriman hasn't been a factor since he was caught juicing in the second year of his career I think it was and Kaeding has been a choke artist for them most recent costing them a trip to the AFL championship game.

So in the end the trade was basically Eli for Rivers and so far it's worked out for both sides. Obviously the Giants getting the better side of the deal with the SB win but I wouldn't count out Rivers, he may end his career with a SB and some passing records guy can sure play QB.

I'll wait till Phil and Eli are retired and then stack up the numbers. Chargers are busy shooting themselves and they are aiming for organs.

If nothing else it makes Eli look a little better for not wanting to play there. He was right, that is a clueless orginization.

If nothing else it makes Eli look a little better for not wanting to play there. He was right, that is a clueless orginization.

I said just that much during the trade, but I was ridiculed by some bozos saying the Chargers were a great organization.

I'm sure Dan Fouts, one great QB, would love to have been somewhere else other than the Chargers.

Sort of like, Archie being anywhere but running for his life in New Orleans and never have a defense to give them a chance.

I said just that much during the trade, but I was ridiculed by some bozos saying the Chargers were a great organization.

I'm sure Dan Fouts, one great QB, would love to have been somewhere else other than the Chargers.

Sort of like, Archie being anywhere but running for his life in New Orleans and never have a defense to give them a chance.

Exactly.

Remember, it was AJ Smith, and not Archie Manning, who went crying to the media like a bitch about Eli not wanting to play there.

At that point, the situation was an elevator with no "up" button.

I'm sure Archie checked around with his NFL inside folks, who told him off the record that AJ was a douche.

The Vincent Jackson situation is a perfect example....

Vincent Jackson of the San Diego Chargers wants to be traded. He hasn’t been able to agree to a new contract with the Chargers and wants to move on. One problem: San Diego is turning down offers because they want to get what they believe is fair value.

With the Chargers turning down deals left and right, Jackson’s agents are angry. That anger caused one of his agents, Jonathan Feinsod, to unleash an epic blast.

Said Feinsod of Chargers GM A.J. Smith: “Archie Manning had it right. They call (A.J. Smith) the Lord of No Rings for a reason.”

Wow. The Archie Manning reference is regarding Archie forcing the Chargers to trade Eli Manning instead of letting him play in San Diego. The “Lord of No Rings” bit is obviously a shot at Smith never winning a Super Bowl.

“We had multiple offers, and the Chargers squashed them all,” said Feinsod. And now, after running Smith’s name through the mud, I’m doubting that the Chargers GM is going to be rushing to do Jackson any favors.

http://everyjoe.com/sports/aj-smith-the-lord-of-no-rings/