SportsWrath

With the way things look...the NYG's @ #25 can have the chance

Guest Floyd The Barber

Guest Floyd The Barber

F63554.jpgimg9325958.jpg

42-Bobby-Carpenter-200.jpgcarpenter_bobby_090305vmiamioh2.jpg

08croyleryans.jpgsports_front.jpg

EA has very little room for error on this one...it couldnt be an easier...lets hope he doesnt louse up this years 1st pick...its imperative he gets it right...if he manages to fumble once again this season, he should be lead out back like an old thoroughbred and put down...

Guest Lockhart
F63554.jpgimg9325958.jpg

42-Bobby-Carpenter-200.jpgcarpenter_bobby_090305vmiamioh2.jpg

08croyleryans.jpgsports_front.jpg

EA has very little room for error on this one...it couldnt be an easier...lets hope he doesnt louse up this years 1st pick...its imperative he gets it right...if he manages to fumble once again this season, he should be lead out back like an old thoroughbred and put down...

..........in that case I'll start cleaning the shotgun.........

Guest Floyd The Barber
What position does he play? How tall is he? How fast is he? What colour is his skin?

it is wishful thinking, but a draft day deal to move up to acquire LB (and teamate) A.J. Hawk is far fetched...if the FAB 4 were calling the shots, we all know who would be dangled out there for takers in order to put us in position to scoop him up...so whats the next best thing...

09-13-2005.ns_13UTosuYoungHawk.G6O1MISA2.1.jpg257359.jpgbobbycarpenterOSU.jpg

Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio State 6-3, 255 (4.66)

Overview –

Overshadowed by teammate A.J. Hawk, but just as versatile and almost as explosive. Carpenter can back up all three spots in the linebacking corps because of his size/speed ratio. Relentless in pursuit and tough with good athletic ability. Very well-rounded as a player and shows the tenacity necessary to be solid at the next level.

Against the run –

Carpenter’s size allows him to hold up well against the run. His technique could use some work and he needs to get stronger, but there is no denying the stats he put up as a Buckeye (over 200 tackles in 26 starts). When he gets his hands on a ball-carrier the play is over. Lets blockers get into his body, but that can be rectified with coaching at the pro level.

Against the pass –

For a man his size, Carpenter has excellent hips to turn and run with tight ends and backs in man-to-man coverage. Gets very deep on his drops and shows good instincts in space. As an edge pass-rusher, Carpenter shows a good burst to get to the quarterback and a solid spin move. Needs to work on more moves to be successful at the pro level, but has good instincts as a blitzer.

Personal -

Is the son of Rob and Susie Carpenter ... his father played at Miami of Ohio before going on to play professionally with the New York Giants ... has three younger brothers, Jonathan (a sophomore football player at the University of Cincinnati), George and Nate ... enjoys bowling (best game is a 240) and playing pool ... also likes to play the piano (took lessons for six years) ... two of his uncles played collegiate football (one at Northwestern and one at Kent State) ... favorite pro athlete is Lawrence Taylor ... enjoys playing chess ... would like to follow in his father's footsteps and be coaching his high school team in Lancaster in 10 years ... top memory from 2003 is beating Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl ... the "Tunnel of Pride" is his favorite OSU football tradition ... would play basketball at Ohio State if not on the football team.

Guest Floyd The Barber
if ernie sims is available i would rather get him if not. greenway would be my second choice....but then again anyone of those guys would do

Ernie Simms has BIG health issues and not to mention a retard...we need heady players...not Lavar Arrington types

Guest Floyd The Barber
This thread is completely useless without names

of course it is, someone with zero football knowledge and intellect like yourself would need color animation and pictures to describe who each player is and what it is they do...if you were in tune with what is about to occur in 2 weeks, you would know who each of the above players were...

it is wishful thinking, but a draft day deal to move up to acquire LB (and teamate) A.J. Hawk is far fetched...if the FAB 4 were calling the shots, we all know who would be dangled out there for takers in order to put us in position to scoop him up...so whats the next best thing...

09-13-2005.ns_13UTosuYoungHawk.G6O1MISA2.1.jpg257359.jpgbobbycarpenterOSU.jpg

Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio State 6-3, 255 (4.66)

Overview –

Overshadowed by teammate A.J. Hawk, but just as versatile and almost as explosive. Carpenter can back up all three spots in the linebacking corps because of his size/speed ratio. Relentless in pursuit and tough with good athletic ability. Very well-rounded as a player and shows the tenacity necessary to be solid at the next level.

Against the run –

Carpenter’s size allows him to hold up well against the run. His technique could use some work and he needs to get stronger, but there is no denying the stats he put up as a Buckeye (over 200 tackles in 26 starts). When he gets his hands on a ball-carrier the play is over. Lets blockers get into his body, but that can be rectified with coaching at the pro level.

Against the pass –

For a man his size, Carpenter has excellent hips to turn and run with tight ends and backs in man-to-man coverage. Gets very deep on his drops and shows good instincts in space. As an edge pass-rusher, Carpenter shows a good burst to get to the quarterback and a solid spin move. Needs to work on more moves to be successful at the pro level, but has good instincts as a blitzer.

Personal -

Is the son of Rob and Susie Carpenter ... his father played at Miami of Ohio before going on to play professionally with the New York Giants ... has three younger brothers, Jonathan (a sophomore football player at the University of Cincinnati), George and Nate ... enjoys bowling (best game is a 240) and playing pool ... also likes to play the piano (took lessons for six years) ... two of his uncles played collegiate football (one at Northwestern and one at Kent State) ... favorite pro athlete is Lawrence Taylor ... enjoys playing chess ... would like to follow in his father's footsteps and be coaching his high school team in Lancaster in 10 years ... top memory from 2003 is beating Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl ... the "Tunnel of Pride" is his favorite OSU football tradition ... would play basketball at Ohio State if not on the football team.

Sucks.

Guest Nutty Sack
I'd pick an Eli, Shockey, or Plaxico-like player

Sure.......if you are happy with mediocrity those would be your choices. Whatever floats your boat.

How do you all feel about LenDale? He could very well drop to us, and he could actually be the replacememnt for Tiki we;ve been looking for. Don't get me wrong, I know Tiki could carry us for a few more years, but surley at some poijnt we will need an every down back to replace him. We get LenDale and he shares the load with Tiki, keep both fresh and all that. I know we need a LB bad, but he is top 10 or 15 talent wise and could fall right in our lap.

How do you all feel about LenDale? He could very well drop to us, and he could actually be the replacememnt for Tiki we;ve been looking for. Don't get me wrong, I know Tiki could carry us for a few more years, but surley at some poijnt we will need an every down back to replace him. We get LenDale and he shares the load with Tiki, keep both fresh and all that. I know we need a LB bad, but he is top 10 or 15 talent wise and could fall right in our lap.

No

Im with money on this one. I think the LB that would most compliment our current players the best is Demeco Ryans. Although, I think we're pretty fortunate in the fact that we're going to be able to get a pretty damn good player at #25.

no he has a hamstring tear and LB, DT, and CB our are main focuses, if by some chance he falls to us in the 2nd round(like rodgers was supposed to go early but fell to GB) we can pull the triiger on him but our main focus is on those 3 positions!

no he has a hamstring tear and LB, DT, and CB our are main focuses, if by some chance he falls to us in the 2nd round(like rodgers was supposed to go early but fell to GB) we can pull the triiger on him but our main focus is on those 3 positions!

But where does the theory of drafting the best available player come into play? Drafting by need is all well and good and works out fine, but why pass up a better player, especially one who has been ranked much better?

But where does the theory of drafting the best available player come into play? Drafting by need is all well and good and works out fine, but why pass up a better player, especially one who has been ranked much better?

After his hamstring tear i see him falling to us...but we likely won't take him. We have far bigger needs at DT and OLB, and it is not like we would be drafting based only on needs. Players like Broderick Bunkley, Bobby Carpenter, Demeco Ryans, Chad Greenway and Ernie Simms could possibly be there for us, and all would be better picks that Lendale.

Let's give Jacobs his chance next season. I feel that he has the size/speed combo to be very good. Give him a chance to show what he can do spelling tiki, rather than just coming in when everyone in the stadium knows its going to be a blast behind Snee...

I'd like Lendale in the second round. I believe he has first round, possibly top 15 talent. So it's hard to pass up on that at pick #56. But I doubt we'll take him, seeing that EA wanted Jacobs bad last year and Jacobs hasn't done anything to make him a lesser candidate to be Tiki's successor. Would I like to get him? Yeah. Do I think we're getting him? No.