SportsWrath

RB situation

knarf

Anyone else not comfortable with it? I think Bradshaw is our best RB right now. I love Jacobs but my faith in him is at a all time low. I wouldn't mind seeing the gmen pick up B.westbrook just for 3rd downs.

Anyone else not comfortable with it? I think Bradshaw is our best RB right now. I love Jacobs but my faith in him is at a all time low. I wouldn't mind seeing the gmen pick up B.westbrook just for 3rd downs.

Westbrook's done. The Eagle's have an uncanny knack for dumping players just as they hit their downward spiral. If you want Westy for 3rd downs, may as well run Bradshaw as a starter and Jacobs on 3rd downs, but that's not going to happen. I wouldn't mind them bringing Ward back though.

Westbrook is washed up. He belongs in Washington.

I'm a little alarmed at Jacobs' play last year as well... he ran like a 270-lb pussy. He may have one good season left in him, but I think one foot might already be in his grave... injuries are no excuse... Bradshaw ran on a bum ankle and two broken feet and he still was productive. Speaking of Bradshaw, I think he's in a contract year, so barring injuries I'd expect him to at least have an even split, if not a 60/40 or better split with Jacobs. He's very good when he's healthy.

Andre Brown won't do much as Achilles injuries typically take two years to recover from, and D.J. Ware is largely unknown... though in limited action he DID kind of remind me of Ryan Grant.

Last year I was worried about the WRs and they panned out fine... this year it's the RBs and LBs. As of now I trust the staff and Reese, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm also a little worried about both positions.

Westbrook's done. The Eagle's have an uncanny knack for dumping players just as they hit their downward spiral. If you want Westy for 3rd downs, may as well run Bradshaw as a starter and Jacobs on 3rd downs, but that's not going to happen. I wouldn't mind them bringing Ward back though.

because it makes no sense. jacobs can't catch a cold.

Ware and Andre Brown have potential. Let's see what they can do.

Westbrook is washed up. He belongs in Washington.

I'm a little alarmed at Jacobs' play last year as well... he ran like a 270-lb pussy. He may have one good season left in him, but I think one foot might already be in his grave... injuries are no excuse... Bradshaw ran on a bum ankle and two broken feet and he still was productive. Speaking of Bradshaw, I think he's in a contract year, so barring injuries I'd expect him to at least have an even split, if not a 60/40 or better split with Jacobs. He's very good when he's healthy.

Andre Brown won't do much as Achilles injuries typically take two years to recover from, and D.J. Ware is largely unknown... though in limited action he DID kind of remind me of Ryan Grant.

Last year I was worried about the WRs and they panned out fine... this year it's the RBs and LBs. As of now I trust the staff and Reese, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm also a little worried about both positions.

Yeah, it seemed like Jacobs got his paycheck, and wanted to sit on it.

Though, part of it I think is because people like him, Tuck, Robbins etc all had injuries which they weren't willing to be fully honest about - and because of the coaching policy of Coughlin, which is to force guys to play through injuries, and never heal from them to be more valuable overall. Tom is an idiot sometimes with things like that.

I know Westbrook couldn't be anything close to full time but as a 3rd down back i still think he would be a asset. I honestly like what i seen out of Gartrell Johnson more than Ware and don't know what u got with brown esp after the injury.

because it makes no sense. jacobs can't catch a cold.

Point taken.

Although, I did mean it's not going to happen, as in it's not going to happen, as opposed to 'that's what should happen but it's not'.

Point taken.

Although, I did mean it's not going to happen, as in it's not going to happen, as opposed to 'that's what should happen but it's not'.

ahh. like "picking up westy makes as much sense as making jacobs 3rd down back" gotcha.

i agree with you about philly knowing when a guy is done- and the giants have been on the receiving end of that too often.

ahh. like "picking up westy makes as much sense as making jacobs 3rd down back" gotcha.

i agree with you about philly knowing when a guy is done- and the giants have been on the receiving end of that too often.

Was Spags the only decent castoff the Giants ever picked up from them?

How'd Bavaro work out for them?

(Totally and completely unrelated...... " How'd " isn't a word??? As in 'how did'.)

Was Spags the only decent castoff the Giants ever picked up from them?

How'd Bavaro work out for them?

(Totally and completely unrelated...... " How'd " isn't a word??? As in 'how did'.)

they've been on the receiving end of some of our "sticka fork in them" players as well. it's a natural thing when a player has been punishing you for a while, you jump at the chance to get him on your team.