SportsWrath

Colfield finally signs tender

BleedinBlue

"According to Sirius Radio and ESPNNewYork.com, restricted free agent defensive tackle Barry Cofield has signed his 1-year, $1.759 million tender with the Giants. The Giants have now re-signed all of their exclusive rights and restricted free agents that they chose to tender. They have no more remaining unrestricted free agents".

There's going to be a lot of competition for a starting role on the D-Line this year. I imagine the season will start with Cofield and Canty locking up the middle, but Joseph could end up beating Cofield out. I suspect Cofield will play like a man possessed this season in order to get the big pay day (pro-lottery). On the other hand, if Joseph splits time with Cofield, it will bring down the cost of keeping Cofield.

Should be an interesting battle.

Joseph will not beat out Colfield, unless Colfield is still not 100%.

I would love for us to sign John Henderson and drop that POS, Rocky Benard.

I will be shocked if Bernard is on the roster this season.

I will be shocked if Bernard is on the roster this season.

I can't imagine there's a chance he'll be a Giant this season. With the injuries last year, he was needed. But the injuries are over and with Joseph coming on board, there's just no room for him. He'll be cut and if injuries plague us again this year, the Giants can pick up another body as good as Bernard from any street corner....and for a lot less coin.

I can't imagine there's a chance he'll be a Giant this season. With the injuries last year, he was needed. But the injuries are over and with Joseph coming on board, there's just no room for him. He'll be cut and if injuries plague us again this year, the Giants can pick up another body as good as Bernard from any street corner....and for a lot less coin.

Don't be surprised if he's still here, he should be cut, but the thing that bothers me right now is the Jay Alford situation. I'm hearing nothing about him, it's like he doesn't exist. I hope he's alright and get back, but I've been listening to Eisen the last few weeks and there's nothing on the guy, in fact Eisen commented about how the Giants still held hope Bernard would bounce back.

I know, I know,,,,,,,,,,,,it's Eisen, but he's on the inside and it's really all we have right now.

Don't be surprised if he's still here, he should be cut, but the thing that bothers me right now is the Jay Alford situation. I'm hearing nothing about him, it's like he doesn't exist. I hope he's alright and get back, but I've been listening to Eisen the last few weeks and there's nothing on the guy, in fact Eisen commented about how the Giants still held hope Bernard would bounce back.

I know, I know,,,,,,,,,,,,it's Eisen, but he's on the inside and it's really all we have right now.

thats what I heard, Reese won't admit Bernard was a huge mistake and most GM's are too stubborn too admit- boy this was a bad idea. I see Bernard a Giant, not only that but Reese will say something like "we still have high hopes for Rocky, he still is a integral part of this defense"

just think Sinorice Moss, I still think Bernard will be a Giant next year.

I can't stand those 2. And I don't see how management justifies their existence in New Jersey let alone the roster.