SportsWrath

Rolando McClain Says He's Now Been Told He Doesn't Have Crohn's Disease

Mr. P

rolando-mcclain-1106jpg-79e3a008b54610ee_large.jpg

TUSCALOOSA -- When Alabama held its Pro Day a month ago, middle linebacker Rolando McClain made the surprising revelation that he has been battling Crohn's disease since the ninth grade.

Now he says he has been told he does not have the incurable disease.

He made that revelation today after having his handprint and cleat print set in cement at the Walk of Fame near Denny Chimes on the University of Alabama's quadrangle. It was part of the ceremony to recognize the Crimson Tide's three permanent captains from 2009: McClain, cornerback Javier Arenas and offensive guard Mike Johnson.

"In all my talks with my doctors in the past two weeks, with all the tests we've done, they don't even feel I have Crohn's disease," said McClain, who is expected to be a first-round selection Thursday in the NFL draft.

"There's no way to really tell," he said. "The tests came out good and positive. Every team knows it's not going to affect me at all."

He was asked if he believes the original diagnosis seven years ago was a misdiagnosis.

"I have no idea," he said. "All I can say is, the doctor who diagnosed this (now), it's his job to diagnose it. All I can do is go by his rules."

"I don't have any signs of it right now."

http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/04/ex-tide_star_mcclain_says_hes.html

i still wanna know why he couldnt finish his workouts then

Maybe he just lacks intestinal fortitude?

Maybe the "Crohn's Disease" was just a smokescreen for 'roid use?

interesting angle. I was wondering if an NFL player with Crohn's or say ulcerative collitis would be aloud to take the steroid treatments. My guess is yes but I never thought about the "legal" masking agent concept.

At the end of the day, it would be better to draft a kid with a known health issue rather than an unknown one.

My guess if Vacchiano got it right when he said this is probably just a ploy from his agent to get his draft stock to creep up since the Crohn's revelation likely had it on the slide.

Ok.. so what's plan B? :mellow:

Ok.. so what's plan B? :mellow:

LOL. Plan B for Reese? I suspect it will look a lot like his plan A. Best player on his board after the first 14 picks.

The press has the Giants picking ILB / MLB at 15 no matter what. Doubt that is true of Reese.

This also projects to be a very deep draft talent wise. I would not be upset if we moved back a couple of spots from 15 and picked up an extra 3rd in the process.

LOL. Plan B for Reese? I suspect it will look a lot like his plan A. Best player on his board after the first 14 picks.

The press has the Giants picking ILB / MLB at 15 no matter what. Doubt that is true of Reese.

This also projects to be a very deep draft talent wise. I would not be upset if we moved back a couple of spots from 15 and picked up an extra 3rd in the process.

I think the Giants get clarification on the issue and if Mclain is there at 15, we get him.

I agree. It looks like we could do this and still get Weatherspoon in the 1st.