SportsWrath

the best anything could say today about the new stadium

JackStroud

This is what happens when you design an horse by committee....you get a Donkey

Unremarkable, bland, and reliable

The Giants and Jets should have built separate stadiums both domed.....not overspend on one huge architecturally

bland edifice

compared to the Cowboys stadium, the Lukas Field, etc.......this is a most forgettable edifice, rivaled by their former home in being functional and unremarkable

contrasted by the job the Yankees and Mets did this one leaves me cold

The Giants and Jets should have built separate stadiums both domed.....not overspend on one huge architecturally

bland edifice

compared to the Cowboys stadium, the Lukas Field, etc.......this is a most forgettable edifice, rivaled by their former home in being functional and unremarkable

fuck off Jack

bland edifice

sorry you're cold jack- perhaps a cardigan would suit you.

meantime, you can't compare baseball parks to football stadiums. That's why they don't make

multi-functional arenas like they did in the 80's. You have that issue of people wanting to see the

game from their $400 seats that gets in the way of making broad design strokes. now, the reason

facelift stadium in dallas has that big screen is because you can't see the game otherwise from the

cheap($300) seats.

oh- and improved bathrooms is not a small thing at all.

perhaps it will look better in person

from the pictures it looks pretty vanilla, like it was designed by the port authority or something

i like interesting architecture

the new red bulls stadium, and citifield are winners

yankee and X stadium seems bland

just looking at he way the lower seats take up so much acreage, it seems this stadium unlike Giants stadium was not designed for football..........when you pull away all the lower seats you have a general purpose events type seating

the old stadium had a great close up view from every seat.......i guess they are relying on the video screens

just looking at he way the lower seats take up so much acreage, it seems this stadium unlike Giants stadium was not designed for football..........when you pull away all the lower seats you have a general purpose events type seating

the old stadium had a great close up view from every seat.......i guess they are relying on the video screens

From that photo tour: "I got to view the field from all three levels of seating (the photo at the left is from the lower part of the upper deck). Honestly I don’t think there is a bad seat in the house. The seats seem to be a little closer to the field."

perhaps it will look better in person

from the pictures it looks pretty vanilla, like it was designed by the port authority or something

i like interesting architecture

the new red bulls stadium, and citifield are winners

yankee and X stadium seems bland

You are right... it does kiind of look like a bus terminal.

350px-Port-authority-terminal.jpg

4262756922_c4f77f4238.jpg

44118d5cdc25041f77cf0791206b3190_custom_665xauto.jpg

it will probably take a couple years to develop some personality, really big football stadiums get their personality from the fans as opposed to architecture.

I take it back. It looks exactly like one of those outdooor whole house air conditioning units

I suggest they get "York" to put their name on the building

get it "York" ........ New york........despite the fact its in New Jersey

Whatever, let Jerry have the hot stadium and hot women.......we'll just keep filling up the trophy case. :thumbs:

I take it back. It looks exactly like one of those outdooor whole house air conditioning units

I suggest they get "York" to put their name on the building

get it "York" ........ New york........despite the fact its in New Jersey

Whatever, let Jerry have the hot stadium and hot women.......we'll just keep filling up the trophy case. :thumbs:

haha, it does kind of look like a central air unit...

this building is just not aesthetically pleasing whatsoever. What a great opportunity to look amazing to be locationally branded and poof, it looks like a new stadium, not better, just the same.

I think jerry jones' stadium is silly, but Indy's is something distinct. I had higher hopes and so we'll just have to hold our breath for another 30 years.