SportsWrath

After 24 hours of consideration I reached my conclusion

JackStroud

Give Tom a nice watch and spot in the executive box as a consultant (to no one), praised for his contribution, given his final years pay and booted to the parking lot this week.

My 1st choice would be Dick Vermiel, the emotional anti-coughlin, who has amazing abilities to get team to play hard for him.......or perhaps bring in Chuckie or Cowher and move forward. If not those, then convince John Fox to come in after next season when his Carolina contract expires and bring Charlie Weiss in as a 1 year caretaker, who will be assured a spot on Fox's staff. Maybe Carolina will accept Osi, Jacobs and Pierce and a draft choice to get Fox right now.......In any event Coughlin should be fired before New Years Day.

Coughlin has become a clueless old guy who just does not have the passion, and adaptability we need in a head coach. The passionless play I saw yesterday was totally unforgivable and reminicent of last years playoff embarassment.

The Giants organization, team, and fan base deserves a world class coaching staff to coach in a world class new stadium

In any event, I'm rooting foe the Jets now to go all the way as representatives of the NY area. They are playing with extreme passion but i'm afraid their young QB is not goint to take them too far.....they should have stuck with the back up.....If the Jets don't do it I'd like to see the Eagles get the monkey off thier backs....if for no othe reason than they would then suffer the post SB blues next year LOL

As for who need to go, other than most of the coachig staff- Pierce, of course, Rocky Bernard, Canty, CC Brown, Danny Clark, (Jacobs and Osi should be traded). Reese definitely lost his magic touch last year but gets a pass given his prior work.

I gotta agree. It's time for Coughlin to step down or get the boot, either one. The game has surpassed him and other coaches are able to out game plan him. We lost before we even step on the field, a lot of times. This team was constantly under prepared and it showed when teams came out and dropped 14 points on us before the offense even stepped on the field. I hate to say it because I like Coughlin, he was a good fit for this team when we had a lot of larger than the team personalities....but now that we don't have that stand out leader and he, himself, just can't get these guys motivated, it's time for someone else.

The Defense needs a personnel overhaul, though. As far as I'm concerned, and it doesn't mean much, but these are the starters that I would keep on next years' defense:

D Line- Tuck, Cofield, Alford (with Canty rotating in), Kiwanuka

Linebackers- Sintim (or better yet, stud free agent), Draft Pick or stud free agent at MLB, and Boley

CBs: Thomas, Webster (Ross at Nickel) with Bruce Johnson and Kevin Dockery being cut for Drew Carey for all I care---Dockery and Johnson played like girls ALL SEASON.

Safeties: Phillips if the prognosis for his injury turns out to be a little more favorable, and draft pick........with a vet back up.....CC Brown and Aaron Rouse- cut.

The only difference is that I would keep Rouse as this teams Butler/Madison...lol; and I would only move Osi if I got some decent value for him. And if we do keep Osi he needs a clinic on developing a second move...forget about the third move....lol. As Strahan and other elite D linemen have said you need at least 3 good moves in the pro's. In college you can get by on strength, speed and one good move. Osi has yet to "graduate". But it took Strahan 4-5 years before he nailed it down and became the consistent dominant force we came to know.

I don't care if he cries me a river.......he can take nothing (bad teams) annd turn them around on a dime

Imagine what he's do with a talented but listless group like ours

Only Parcells and Vermeil have that instant magic effect and Bill's not coming back. He was asked to resign by the Giants for hush hush reasons

The only difference is that I would keep Rouse as this teams Butler/Madison...lol; and I would only move Osi if I got some decent value for him. And if we do keep Osi he needs a clinic on developing a second move...forget about the third move....lol. As Strahan and other elite D linemen have said you need at least 3 good moves in the pro's. In college you can get by on strength, speed and one good move. Osi has yet to "graduate". But it took Strahan 4-5 years before he nailed it down and became the consistent dominant force we came to know.

I dunno man, this was Umenyiora's 7th season...when is he going to graduate? I think you gotta keep Michael Johnson as the back up over Rouse, personally, though Rouse didn't play that bad this season...

I dunno man, this was Umenyiora's 7th season...when is he going to graduate? I think you gotta keep Michael Johnson as the back up over Rouse, personally, though Rouse didn't play that bad this season...

LOL!!! I read you man, but it will be hard to get equal value....lol...though what that is now....hmmm... :smartass:

LOL!!! I read you man, but it will be hard to get equal value....lol...though what that is now....hmmm... :smartass:

I think if you're gonna deal him, now is the time to do it. Even with his trade value dropping because of his production, I think the fact he's a former Pro Bowler with solid career sack numbers will keep his value you around a 2nd or 3rd. And hopefully, whoever was to pick him up would get a Kenny Holmes type player who basically steals his contract.

It was his 6th season and he's still one of the better pash rushers in the NFL, meaning... it's flat out stupid to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Osi will have a bounce back season for somebody next year. He should have that knee fully rehabbed. I have no idea why he is suddenly this uber fall guy because he had an emotional moment in front of a reporter. The guy didn't get to play that much yesterday and maybe if he did we wouldn't have lost by over 30 points.

It was his 6th season and he's still one of the better pash rushers in the NFL, meaning... it's flat out stupid to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Osi will have a bounce back season for somebody next year. He should have that knee fully rehabbed. I have no idea why he is suddenly this uber fall guy because he had an emotional moment in front of a reporter. The guy didn't get to play that much yesterday and maybe if he did we wouldn't have lost by over 30 points.

20 points.

20 points.

Agreed, but it needs to be said that the guy is capable of making big plays on defense. And if he was able to really affect the score by 10 points in our favor, then he's not part of the problem. It's Sheridan, lack of talent at linebacker and safety, and a team that is fighting the injury bug, in that order.

03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

7th.

Injuries are no excuse. Many teams get hit by the injury bug.

03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

7th.

Injuries are no excuse. Many teams get hit by the injury bug.

When you don't play a single down in '08... that means you didn't play that season. Would you count '09 as one for Strahan if he came out of retirment and played next season? That is stupid. Moving on from a ridiculous point...

When you don't play a single down in '08... that means you didn't play that season. Would you count '09 as one for Strahan if he came out of retirment and played next season? That is stupid. Moving on from a ridiculous point...

You don't just stop aging, nor does the NFL or the Giants stop and wait for you because you get injured. He went to training camp and into preseason and got injured. It's his 7th season dude, learn to count.

By your logic, next year will be Ramses Barden's rookie season. THAT is stupid.

I agree. I think Osi has double digit sacks next season when his knee is fully recovered. He's looked slow and immobile all season.

hey UK, you better hope adrian peterson misses the bus to the game. that's your only fantasy hope. :laugh:

Dick's a young 73....his emotional nature is exactly what the Giants are lacking

BTW Vermeil for all his crying etc is a tough tough hombre in practice, and summer camp

Coughlin cannot exist in an environment where there is no emotional field leadership, and yet he tends to weed those guys out, and muzzle them

Ok you dont want Dick, then lets get Cowher, or Chuckie, or John Fox and pay the draft penalty, or give Carolina Osi

Coughlin admitted today in a press conference the team lacked emotional leadership and pined for Pierce.............what a dumb, stubborn, clueless old coot

He also admitted Jacobs played all season with a compromised knee WHAT the FUGG!!!!!!! Why are you playing him 60% of the time then you Fnnnn birdbrain.....put his axx on injured reserve........I KNEW the guy was not playing the game........and so did everyone else..........he was a cripple