SportsWrath

Secondary

Lughead

Ross and Webster on the sidelines during practice Web sprained knee Ross injured his Hammy for the fourth time this year

Jason Campbell will have a field day.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Dockery to start? Bruce Johnson said after Friday's practice that Kevin Dockery will start at cornerback if neither Corey Webster (knee) nor Aaron Ross(hamstring) is ready for Monday night's game against the Redskins.

It was thought Johnson, who had assumed the nickel back role at Dockery's expense in recent weeks, would get the start. But the rookie said he will remain as the nickel back with Dockery starting in the base defense.

Terrell Thomas, who will start at the other corner, says he is still hopeful Ross, who pulled his hamstring either late in or after practice Thursday, will be ready to play Monday.Ross did not practice Friday and coach Tom Coughlin said he believes it's the same hamstring (left) thatcost Ross most of the season after he strained it on the final day ofcamp at the University at Albany in August.

"I'm concerned, yes," said Coughlin of the Ross situation. "It's too bad the English language can't allow for some other way to do that. I am concerned,"

Webster gets a little better every day, Coughlin said, but the coach would not speculate on whether he might be available for Washington.

Posted by Vinny DiTrani on 12/18 at 02:28 PM

*Yawn* our players are hurt...what else is new.

Good thing I grabbed Jason Campbell off waivers a couple weeks ago in fantasy. He was a sure start no matter what, but now without any corners he's going to have a field day.

Good thing I grabbed Jason Campbell off waivers a couple weeks ago in fantasy. He was a sure start no matter what, but now without any corners he's going to have a field day.

too bad you're not playing this week. :P

too bad you're not playing this week. :P

lol, it really is, my matchups rock this week....Kurt Warner and Fitzgerald against St Louis....

but I snatched Campbell up in my other fantasy ESPN league....it was 40 bucks a head and I'm playoff bound!! MJD went off Thursday and Sims Walker put up solid numbers...so I'm confident...

This helps explain seeing Jason Sehorn at Reagan National Airport yesterday..... For that it is worth...he pulled his quad getting his bag and is listed as doubtful.

C. Wagon

lol, i noticed his wife is going to be on "chuck" -and she looks first string still.

Guest StrahansGap

I'm so sick of hearing about our players injuring their vulva's. Man Up! Get out there and stop these fuckers from scoring. And maybe if we got some goddamn pressure on the QB, we wouldn't have to rely on the defensive backfield so much. We'll see if we are made of anything tonight.

I'm so sick of hearing about our players injuring their vulva's. Man Up! Get out there and stop these fuckers from scoring. And maybe if we got some goddamn pressure on the QB, we wouldn't have to rely on the defensive backfield so much. We'll see if we are made of anything tonight.

there you have it.

if we got enough pressure on the qb we could have fuckin wilford brimley and walter matthau back there in the secondary and be ok.

Terrell Thomas for team defensive MVP, with Boley in a close second.

Agreed.

And that fucking moron John Gruden has "Never even heard of any of these guys the Giants have playing in the secondary."

Well, John, aside from Ross' two or three games back from his one thousandth hamstring injury, Corey Webster was the only other true starter out tonight. Did you even look at a Giants depth chart? Good research you dumbass. Terrell Thomas leads the team in tackles and INTs. He's a CB. Enough said.

good move :thumbs:

good move :thumbs:

It wouldn't have mattered either way and I started Garrard and Sims Walker as a pair, anyway...If I had stuck with Campbell he would have had to get me 30 points plus match whatever Tynes got....prolly something like 12....so 42.

Campbell fucking stinks. He still makes way too many mental errors for someone with his experience. That INT to Thomas was a joke. He'd totally checked out of the game by then.

I don't think I've ever seen a quarterback get quite so skittish when under pressure. Hit Campbell once and the fucker folds the rest of the game.