SportsWrath

Eli Sucks

Guest StrahansGap

Dude......Dom Deluise could have thrown that pass to Tyree. Super Bowl MVP's never go to a defense, but we all know damn well who won that game for the Giants. Eli's drive was one for the ages, correct. But aren't QB's supposed to get better (or at least stay the same) in future years...especially when they are young? He looks like he's declining to me.

I love the Giants. Always have, always will. I hate bashing people like Eli because he's a stand-up guy. He's a very good role model for the youngies out there. But why is it so hard for you guys to admit that opposing teams are daring Eli to beat them with the pass and he can't do it. I haven't heard one explanation for my theory. Just a lot of "you guys are retarted" and "you're an idiot". Give me one reason why you think I'm wrong in saying defenses are daring Eli to win a game with his arm.

Yah, and? What about the third down conversion to Steve Smith and the calmness and cool hand that he showed in leading his team down the field when they had to? Have you even looked at his stats this year? He's having a better season than his Pro Bowl season. People are calling you an idiot because you sound like a complete idiot. How bout YOU give US one reason you think teams are "daring Eli to win with his arm" and this is somehow his fault that he can't hit wide receivers who aren't getting open with an oline that can't stop the blitz and running backs who epically fail at picking up blitzers and gaining yards. Besides, we all know Eli's bread and butter is the playaction which is set up via the run.

I see teams blitzing and throwing too many people than our line can block and a ground game incapable of taking any pressure off the pass because there's no threat of them gaining any yards (or running straight ahead, for that matter). Of course teams are going to blitz the shit out of Eli and "dare him to throw"....that's what happens when you gain less than 50 yards on the ground. How many interceptions did he throw Thursday? Huh, how many? Fact is, he didn't do anything to lose the game...that was the entire defense (especially the line and linebackers), Danny "DJ" Ware, Jacobs and his new found love for the east and the west, and our oline that has definitely fallen off.

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Teams are daring Eli to beat them, sure...he's done it as well. I don't know what else to say. Didn't he torch Dallas in week 2 when they were trying to stop the run? It's not his fault that against the Saints and Eagles the score was 14-0 in the blink of an eye.

But yeah, Eli sucks. :mellow:

Guest StrahansGap

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Teams are daring Eli to beat them, sure...he's done it as well. I don't know what else to say. Didn't he torch Dallas in week 2 when they were trying to stop the run? It's not his fault that against the Saints and Eagles the score was 14-0 in the blink of an eye.

I hope he proves me wrong against Dallas. If he Mans up (no pun intented), and shoves it down the Cowgirls throats, I'll forgive him. If he turns into Elisha again, I will dig this post up and unleash on him. Have a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.

I hope he proves me wrong against Dallas. If he Mans up (no pun intented), and shoves it down the Cowgirls throats, I'll forgive him. If he turns into Elisha again, I will dig this post up and unleash on him. Have a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.

Eli can throw for nearly 400 yards and 3 touchdowns and we can still lose. But I'm sure the Atlanta near-loss was Eli's fault, too.

Actually he didn't exactly torch Dallas. For what ever reason, nobody covered the Wrs that night. Archie could have thrown for 300 yards...And I believe that one of the reasons the Eagles scored so quickly was because Eli threw the ball to Asante Samuel -- an Eagle -- that made the score 14-0 in a blink.

How come when ELI has a good game its because "no one covered the Wrs" or "that team has a horrendous secondary" or "his o line gave him all sorts of time", but when he has a bad game "he simply is not the guy that can carry the team like that", which is comical because 4 days earlier he won that game vs the Falcons, just as he did in week 2 vs the Cowboys. His play declined in the Saints, Eagles and Cards game with an injury that in hindsight he should have rested. He was arm throwing and awful, no plant, but he played so he cant use that as an exuse, but it conicides with it. His better play also coincides with a bye and some time to rest the foot. Anyway I will take 18 tds and 10 ints at week 11 every year.

The reason that this team is 6-5 is not ELI, its the fact that they have a defense who had 2 games where they allowed a total of 7 points and still have surrendered 261 points on the year. Think about that a goose egg vs the Bucs and a 7 spot against the Raiders and they have still allowed 261 points. In case your scoring at home thats 254 points in 9 games, thats 28.2 points/game. Now since I know that NOT ONE QB IN THE NFL has an offense that averages 28.2 points a game I do not see how he is any type of root cause of this mess. I will pin the Cards game on him, he was dreadful, but all in all the stats as everyone seems to only pay attention to are fine.

Blame a defense that has been brutal. Thats the 90% reason that this team stinks right now.

Actually he didn't exactly torch Dallas. For what ever reason, nobody covered the Wrs that night. Archie could have thrown for 300 yards...And I believe that one of the reasons the Eagles scored so quickly was because Eli threw the ball to Asante Samuel -- an Eagle -- that made the score 14-0 in a blink.

good point- and we have to respect your opinion because being a cowboys fan makes you an expert on QB turnovers.

good point- and we have to respect your opinion because being a cowboys fan makes you an expert on QB turnovers.

And this should be his last good point of the year right ? I mean Romo is to December like oil is to water.

How come when ELI has a good game its because "no one covered the Wrs" or "that team has a horrendous secondary" or "his o line gave him all sorts of time", but when he has a bad game "he simply is not the guy that can carry the team like that", which is comical because 4 days earlier he won that game vs the Falcons, just as he did in week 2 vs the Cowboys. His play declined in the Saints, Eagles and Cards game with an injury that in hindsight he should have rested. He was arm throwing and awful, no plant, but he played so he cant use that as an exuse, but it conicides with it. His better play also coincides with a bye and some time to rest the foot. Anyway I will take 18 tds and 10 ints at week 11 every year.

The reason that this team is 6-5 is not ELI, its the fact that they have a defense who had 2 games where they allowed a total of 7 points and still have surrendered 261 points on the year. Think about that a goose egg vs the Bucs and a 7 spot against the Raiders and they have still allowed 261 points. In case your scoring at home thats 254 points in 9 games, thats 28.2 points/game. Now since I know that NOT ONE QB IN THE NFL has an offense that averages 28.2 points a game I do not see how he is any type of root cause of this mess. I will pin the Cards game on him, he was dreadful, but all in all the stats as everyone seems to only pay attention to are fine.

Blame a defense that has been brutal. Thats the 90% reason that this team stinks right now.

I think you mean a goose egg against da Raidas, and 7 against the Bucs...

I think you mean a goose egg against da Raidas, and 7 against the Bucs...

yeah I fixed that, for the rest of this year when my mind says "Raiders" I think Eagles as the Raiders beating the Eagles knocked me outta my 10 grand knockout pool...fucking Eagles...

We beat the Bucs 24-0 and the Raiders 44-7 by the way

yeah I fixed that, for the rest of this year when my mind says "Raiders" I think Eagles as the Raiders beating the Eagles knocked me outta my 10 grand knockout pool...fucking Eagles...

We beat the Bucs 24-0 and the Raiders 44-7 by the way

yah, you're right, good call...

There...I said it. Opposing defenses are daring him to beat them.....and he can't. They are stopping the run and daring Eli to beat them with the pass....and he can't. I think we were all under the illusion that Eli would be the next Johnny Unitas, especially after the contract they gave him. Unfortunately, he's looking more like Richard Todd. :football:

Dude.....just shut up.

Dude......Dom Deluise could have thrown that pass to Tyree. Super Bowl MVP's never go to a defense, but we all know damn well who won that game for the Giants. Eli's drive was one for the ages, correct. But aren't QB's supposed to get better (or at least stay the same) in future years...especially when they are young? He looks like he's declining to me.

I love the Giants. Always have, always will. I hate bashing people like Eli because he's a stand-up guy. He's a very good role model for the youngies out there. But why is it so hard for you guys to admit that opposing teams are daring Eli to beat them with the pass and he can't do it. I haven't heard one explanation for my theory. Just a lot of "you guys are retarted" and "you're an idiot". Give me one reason why you think I'm wrong in saying defenses are daring Eli to win a game with his arm.

He beat Dallas with his arm. He beat Atlanta with his arm. He had the team in position to beat SD with his arm, and the defense blew it. Going back to the Super Bowl, it was the defense that blew a late lead that Eli used his arm to help build, and then Eli used his arm to get it back. I'm not bashing the Giants defense in that playoff run, it was amazing, I'm just saying...

The running game is poop, the guy's playing hurt, e never blames anyone but himself. Cut him some slack.

Sometimes, it's possible to score 14 points and still win a game.

But when your defense is leaking like a screen door on a submarine, that's not an option.

He's not Peyton, Brady, or Brees, but Eli has kept us in games we should have won (like San Diego), and won games we might have lost (Atlanta).

Last week, he struggled along with the rest of his team....but Eli Manning has been one of the few bright spots this season.

The Giants without Eli are the Kansas City Chiefs.