SportsWrath

Eli Sucks

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

There...I said it. Opposing defenses are daring him to beat them.....and he can't. They are stopping the run and daring Eli to beat them with the pass....and he can't. I think we were all under the illusion that Eli would be the next Johnny Unitas, especially after the contract they gave him. Unfortunately, he's looking more like Richard Todd. :football:

There...I said it. Opposing defenses are daring him to beat them.....and he can't. They are stopping the run and daring Eli to beat them with the pass....and he can't. I think we were all under the illusion that Eli would be the next Johnny Unitas, especially after the contract they gave him. Unfortunately, he's looking more like Richard Todd. :football:

the receivers aren't the scariest. eli is a very good QB.

Come on Man find a better reason why we are 6-5

Hell everyone let's blame the QB that gets no protection or no run support to help the passing game .... yeah that makes sense. There is something more deep seeded in this team that is wrong and its the fact that Coughlin does not want to look like he made the wrong choice with his 2 coordinators . He was on the hot seat before and he does not want it to look like he is on the hot seat again. But this will come to a head soon than later . He skirts all blame of then 2 idiots and put's it on his shoulders . which is ironic seeing he does not want to draw negative attention to himself.

It's hard to change both Coordinators at this point in the game but he should clearly take out the one that has been hurting us the most. Coughlin can control that facet of the game until next year. But either way if he relieves either Coordinator of his job the team if by some miracle makes the playoffs wont get past the wild card game.

Coughlin then can start his coach rebuilding or Mara and Tish may show Colonel Tom the door. Tom has had 1 chance and made good with it with a superbowl win but now I feel his chances are used up.

In turn this may be why there is no fire in the belly of the players. well that and the youth and old stupidity in the secondary as to fault to our record. Coughlin throws a team blanket on the reason why we are where we are now he does not point out one player one coach (other than himself against the chargers.) and One individual in the Stokely TD play. He did not name names but he said one individual . If you Read This you get the sense he is covering for a big Mistake he made.

So to sum up my feelings : Coughlin has to either replace his coaching staff if he is still here next year, If they feel he can change things around after this years debacle or the Mara and Tish will have to replace him. They have a big year coming up opening a new stadium and raping the fans with ticket sales and PLS's . Besides ,who wants to spend $20 grand a year to go watch a 5 and 12 team

Guest StrahansGap

Hell everyone let's blame the QB that gets no protection or no run support to help the passing game .... yeah that makes sense. There is something more deep seeded in this team that is wrong and its the fact that Coughlin does not want to look like he made the wrong choice with his 2 coordinators . He was on the hot seat before and he does not want it to look like he is on the hot seat again. But this will come to a head soon than later . He skirts all blame of then 2 idiots and put's it on his shoulders . which is ironic seeing he does not want to draw negative attention to himself.

It's hard to change both Coordinators at this point in the game but he should clearly take out the one that has been hurting us the most. Coughlin can control that facet of the game until next year. But either way if he relieves either Coordinator of his job the team if by some miracle makes the playoffs wont get past the wild card game.

Coughlin then can start his coach rebuilding or Mara and Tish may show Colonel Tom the door. Tom has had 1 chance and made good with it with a superbowl win but now I feel his chances are used up.

In turn this may be why there is no fire in the belly of the players. well that and the youth and old stupidity in the secondary as to fault to our record. Coughlin throws a team blanket on the reason why we are where we are now he does not point out one player one coach (other than himself against the chargers.) and One individual in the Stokely TD play. He did not name names but he said one individual . If you Read This you get the sense he is covering for a big Mistake he made.

So to sum up my feelings : Coughlin has to either replace his coaching staff if he is still here next year, If they feel he can change things around after this years debacle or the Mara and Tish will have to replace him. They have a big year coming up opening a new stadium and raping the fans with ticket sales and PLS's . Besides ,who wants to spend $20 grand a year to go watch a 5 and 12 team

Look, I know it's very easy to blame the QB for everything....and I am NOT one of those guys. This isn't just a "I'm pissed off, our QB sucks" rants. I know our coordinators are inept, but they are not the ones in there playing the game. And Eli had plenty of time to throw the ball last night. The pass protection from our offensive line last night was the best it's been since before the losing streak. Are the recievers getting open? I don't know. I really can't tell. But to me it looks like Eli is losing confidence in everyone and everything around him. Some of his passes aren't anywhere near a reciever lately. His audibles are sure 1 yard gains and he just looks really bad doing it.

Sure there's plenty of blame to go around, but it seems as though our opponents are challenging Eli and Eli is not doing it......period.

You want to talk about players who got the big contracts and became bums? That's like half the damn team....

You got Eli, Brandon Jacobs, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora.......these guys are downright terrible this year. And Osi is gonna be bitching about a new contract soon, anyway.

Damn, was Tom Coughlin college-educated? He talks like a complete moron....Example "There were some things that looked like drives"....he used really 3 times in the span of one sentence. That transcript is unreadable....any kind of summary for us?

"We had a couple of things that looked like drives going ourselves and we ended up with field goals that would have been nice if we were able to punch the ball in." So the field goals would have been nice if we were able to punch the ball in? Field goals are nice, regardless, you just gotta get a lot more of them than 2....

No wonder our team sucks and the calls from the sidelines are "garbled"...it seems none of our coaches can form a coherent sentence.

"Once as far as the 19 yard line and went backwards." Really Tom? How bout you try for the end zone instead of trying to get as close as you can by running the ball outside and losing yards.

Look, I know it's very easy to blame the QB for everything....and I am NOT one of those guys. This isn't just a "I'm pissed off, our QB sucks" rants. I know our coordinators are inept, but they are not the ones in there playing the game. And Eli had plenty of time to throw the ball last night. The pass protection from our offensive line last night was the best it's been since before the losing streak. Are the recievers getting open? I don't know. I really can't tell. But to me it looks like Eli is losing confidence in everyone and everything around him. Some of his passes aren't anywhere near a reciever lately. His audibles are sure 1 yard gains and he just looks really bad doing it.

Sure there's plenty of blame to go around, but it seems as though our opponents are challenging Eli and Eli is not doing it......period.

contradict yourself much?

it is hard to blame this whole season purely on manning, but the dog agrees that he is a factor in all of this. for everyone that wants to blame it on the OC, it is not the easiest to game plan when you have such inconsistency at that position. when manning is on a "good" streak, the offense is productive and they put up points. when he is on a "bad" streak, well, they look awful. in the past they the o-line has been dominant and so the run game covered up for his weaknesses as a QB, and to win all he had to do was manage the game and not turn the ball over. now that the o-line has been less dominant, and jacobs has been exposed for what he is, more falls on manning to execute more consistently, and he is just not that guy who can do this regularly, despite what the organization, fans, and team want to believe.

Eli hasn't been fantastic, but there are other,. more glaring problems to fix.

My biggest problem with Eli is the money we're paying him. He is not Brady, Manning or even Brees, but he's being paid more than all of them.

why is that your problem? it doesn't stop the giants from getting the talent they need so who cares what these guys get paid?

why is that your problem? it doesn't stop the giants from getting the talent they need so who cares what these guys get paid?

That's just the thing; it hasn't stopped us to date, but what about next offseason? The offseason after that? Looking towards the future, I'm not sure how cash-strapped we'll be... if there's an uncapped season on the horizon it won't make a bit of difference (in fact we might be talking in three years about the bargain we got for Eli) but if we do end up with a cap as always, we might be in trouble in free agency.

Yeah Eli sucks is overrated. Some of you guys are fucking retarded.

I agree. I don't think anybody beat the "Eli sucks" drum as hard as I did two and a half years ago, but I was wrong... the guy has proven himself. He might be streaky, but I think that has as much to do with Gilbride's shit playcalling as Eli... and there's still no QB in the NFL I'd rather have in a two-minute drill.

Please let Buffalo hire Gilbride.

I agree. I don't think anybody beat the "Eli sucks" drum as hard as I did two and a half years ago, but I was wrong... the guy has proven himself. He might be streaky, but I think that has as much to do with Gilbride's shit playcalling as Eli... and there's still no QB in the NFL I'd rather have in a two-minute drill.

He is the ultimate rhythm quarterback, the only game he truly played like shit in was the Cardinals game. He was awful.

That's just the thing; it hasn't stopped us to date, but what about next offseason? The offseason after that? Looking towards the future, I'm not sure how cash-strapped we'll be... if there's an uncapped season on the horizon it won't make a bit of difference (in fact we might be talking in three years about the bargain we got for Eli) but if we do end up with a cap as always, we might be in trouble in free agency.

Eli is terrible at the two minute drill in the first half, though...

I'll give you at the end of the game, but if they're down and there's 2 minutes to go before halftime, it's almost guaranteed Eli is going to try to do too much and throw a pick.

Guest StrahansGap

He is the ultimate rhythm quarterback, the only game he truly played like shit in was the Cardinals game. He was awful.

Yeah...OK. Because he was so superb against the Falcons, right? <_<

Guest StrahansGap

I think the loss of Earth, Wind and Fire has had a tremendous impact on the offensive side of the ball. Not to mention, Jacobs went from an 84 yards per game rusher to a 62 YPG rusher. Why? Because defenses are concentrating on the run. Why? Because they are daring Eli to beat them. Why? Because Eli sucks.

Let's not forget who won the super bowl for us a few years ago. It was the defense.....not Eli.

I think the loss of Earth, Wind and Fire has had a tremendous impact on the offensive side of the ball. Not to mention, Jacobs went from an 84 yards per game rusher to a 62 YPG rusher. Why? Because defenses are concentrating on the run. Why? Because they are daring Eli to beat them. Why? Because Eli sucks.

Let's not forget who won the super bowl for us a few years ago. It was the defense.....not Eli.

Yah, because it was the DEFENSE that drove down the field in the waning minutes of the game and threw a touchdown pass.

Who was Super Bowl MVP? Oh, I forgot, it was the Giants defense.

Guest StrahansGap

Yah, because it was the DEFENSE that drove down the field in the waning minutes of the game and threw a touchdown pass.

Who was Super Bowl MVP? Oh, I forgot, it was the Giants defense.

Dude......Dom Deluise could have thrown that pass to Tyree. Super Bowl MVP's never go to a defense, but we all know damn well who won that game for the Giants. Eli's drive was one for the ages, correct. But aren't QB's supposed to get better (or at least stay the same) in future years...especially when they are young? He looks like he's declining to me.

I love the Giants. Always have, always will. I hate bashing people like Eli because he's a stand-up guy. He's a very good role model for the youngies out there. But why is it so hard for you guys to admit that opposing teams are daring Eli to beat them with the pass and he can't do it. I haven't heard one explanation for my theory. Just a lot of "you guys are retarted" and "you're an idiot". Give me one reason why you think I'm wrong in saying defenses are daring Eli to win a game with his arm.