SportsWrath

Years ago on the GMB I argued the College offense

JackStroud

would work well for a medicore NFL team, and give them a real chance to beat a top team

I was universally derided as a nut job.......it would never work blah blah blah blah blah

Right once again I'm so damn modest :rolleyes:

when you think abut it Parcells started all this wth the Giants years ago- the runs off the punt formation by gary reasons

The reverses.........the 3rd down handoffs to tony galbreath from the shotgun

Tony was the best ever at that move

going for it on 4th down

he planted the seeds back then........I wonder who's the real force behind the deception? Parcells or Sparano

Agreed!

And Chase Blackburn is a better linebacker than Antonio Pierce, Michael "Skinny Mike" Strahan totally sucks, and Jesse Palmer is a WAY better Quarterback than Kerry Collins (just look at their careers)!

The "Wildcat" will go the way of the "Run and Shoot." Give it three years.

Honestly man, the teams that run the wildcat offense well are the teams with lots of speed on the field, like the Eagles and the Dolphins. I honestly don't think that Buffalo could ever pull it off, they are built too classically right now, pound it with Marshawn and thrown it down the field to Evans and Owens(not working well for them with no offensive line, thanks to them giving Jason Peters to the Eagles)...maybe Oakland because Jamarcus Russel obviously can't play the QB position. I think it has more to do with lots of fast players and not necessarily having a dominating wide receiver or a good offensive line that makes the Wildcat a viable option for some "mediocre" as you put it, teams.

Agreed!

And Chase Blackburn is a better linebacker than Antonio Pierce, Michael "Skinny Mike" Strahan totally sucks, and Jesse Palmer is a WAY better Quarterback than Kerry Collins (just look at their careers)!

brilliant Seph ........ my thoughts exactly

( ...and what about all the TC must go stuff in 2006 ......and Jimmy Johnson ! ..God help us )

....and by the way Jack ....you are indeed a nut job

would work well for a medicore NFL team, and give them a real chance to beat a top team

I was universally derided as a nut job.......it would never work blah blah blah blah blah

you are still a nut job.

next.

No, you were right, you are a nut job. 1 out of every 30 posts are amusing though.

This one is just goofy.

Show the Dolphins and Sparano doing anything in terms of SB's or playoff wins and I'll be happy to adopt the gadget play mentality. Of course, that becomes predictable too.

I think we're just fine perfecting our game as is rather than think we need to play with the Wildcrap or anything else too often. That's not to say that a pitch pass kind of thing hasn't helped ala Simms against the Broncos, but I'm not about to lose a game on a direct snap on a fake punt...not while we're winning.

A little deception is good, but when I see TC, I don't see a coach that looks like he believes in the old Bomarooski or Statue of Liberty.

When you not winning I guess you try something that will work so

if you have speed the wild cat might help but its not gonna take

you to the playoffs. What takes you there is controlling the clock by

running and play action than your solid defense stops the run

and opposing teams get worn down.

Run and shoot, wild cat this or that its just entertainment its not

playoff football in the end.

College offense means the option which gets stuffed and the players who run it are caused bodily harm.

If you were a big fan of Arkansas Razorbacks football where the Wildcat originated, Jack and meant that when you referred to "college offense", you were quite right.

otherwise, nut job is appropriate.