SportsWrath

MORE FOX SPORTS POSITIONAL POWER RANKINGS

jerseygiantfan

I understand the WR being low.. face it the Giants are fielding a bunch of untested players. Steve Smith is the best of them and he is not a legitimate #1 receiver.

But the QBs? How do the Giants end up in the 16th slot? Eli is better then half the QB's in the league by any measure. I am not saying he is a top 5 QB, but he puts up top 10 numbers, has a superbowl trophy and MPV in his pocket. Then you have Carr who has been dealt the hand of shit in terms of teams where he played, but is as talented as most QB's out there.

How do they land 8 spots below the Eagles, even if you think McNabb is head and shoulders above Eli (Which is hard to backup considering they had nearly identical numbers last season), Kevin Kolb has not taken more then a handful of NFL snaps since he was drafted... As a squad there is no way you can say the Eagles are that much better...

Same goes for the Panthers... Delhome is not a better starting QB then Eli and who the fuck is Josh McCown?

Romo and Kitna number three... I guess they do not think winning big games is important to NFL Teams.

Wr is a concern. But listening to Manning yesterday Im feeling alittle better about it. They asked him what is the main difference between these new guys, and having Plax and Toomer there the year before? And he said the kids were much more explosive getting of the line, and have alot more speed. He's had to practice getting the ball out much quicker, even on the deep passes. I think we are going to be fine at WR, and might be even better than last year before Plax went down.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, all three lists are bullshit. Losing Ward is big, but remember that we won the Super Bowl with Jacobs and Bradshaw as our 1 and 2. WRs I can understand... to a point. We are inexperienced, however if that's the case then why are the Eagles ranked so high? The QB list lost me as soon as I saw the Chargers on the top. Seriously. WTF?

I understand the WR being low.. face it the Giants are fielding a bunch of untested players. Steve Smith is the best of them and he is not a legitimate #1 receiver.

But the QBs? How do the Giants end up in the 16th slot? Eli is better then half the QB's in the league by any measure. I am not saying he is a top 5 QB, but he puts up top 10 numbers, has a superbowl trophy and MPV in his pocket. Then you have Carr who has been dealt the hand of shit in terms of teams where he played, but is as talented as most QB's out there.

How do they land 8 spots below the Eagles, even if you think McNabb is head and shoulders above Eli (Which is hard to backup considering they had nearly identical numbers last season), Kevin Kolb has not taken more then a handful of NFL snaps since he was drafted... As a squad there is no way you can say the Eagles are that much better...

Same goes for the Panthers... Delhome is not a better starting QB then Eli and who the fuck is Josh McCown?

Romo and Kitna number three... I guess they do not think winning big games is important to NFL Teams.

Here, here. Apparently having 2 first overall draft picks is bad. I understand Carr has had issues but he's much better than the majority of backups and in reality the Giants should have been top 10 for QBs. Carr did well against the Vikings also when the Vikings needed the win last year.

I completely agree with the gripe about the QBs. The sportswriter obviously didn't watch David Carr take snaps against Minnesota (complete with mostly backups playing with him). With a good offensive line and time to make decisions, David Carr is definitely one of the top backups in the league. In fact, so much so that I believe if he had to, he could come in and win us a couple games if Eli went down (knock on wood). I honestly never thought Carr would sign on to be backup again this year, I thought he'd go somewhere and try to compete for a starting job.

I completely agree with the gripe about the QBs. The sportswriter obviously didn't watch David Carr take snaps against Minnesota (complete with mostly backups playing with him). With a good offensive line and time to make decisions, David Carr is definitely one of the top backups in the league. In fact, so much so that I believe if he had to, he could come in and win us a couple games if Eli went down (knock on wood). I honestly never thought Carr would sign on to be backup again this year, I thought he'd go somewhere and try to compete for a starting job.

I thought so too, but I guess it must be pretty nice to be on a winning team for a change. Who knows what the season will hold...

I thought so too, but I guess it must be pretty nice to be on a winning team for a change. Who knows what the season will hold...

I was really impressed by the David Carr I saw against the Vikings, he was getting the ball out fast and throwing lasers. Didn't seem to have happy feet which is amazing because of his time in Houston...I've always believed that David Carr would have been a great quarterback anywhere but Houston.