SportsWrath

This should rile things up.

fishgutmartyr

fascinating...gilbride at #4...yeah, the Giants should get rid of him...

as for those attacking the high rating of gailey, the dog suggests that perhaps it would of help to look beyond last season's overall numbers...

- 9 years of coaching in the NFL as a HC or OC - 7 playoff appearances with a 1000 yard rusher each year

- you'll find most of those seasons his offenses ranked in the top 10

- you'll find he is innovative and creative (see how he used stewart in a time when that wasn't being done)

- look at last season more closely - his QB numbers (second year man with no experience) where efficient; two 1000 yard receivers; 874 yards out of Johnson in a shortend season...

nevermind - judge his rankings because a chief's team with less than average talent or less experienced key players struggled a tad on offense...

fascinating...gilbride at #4...yeah, the Giants should get rid of him...

as for those attacking the high rating of gailey, the dog suggests that perhaps it would of help to look beyond last season's overall numbers...

- 9 years of coaching in the NFL as a HC or OC - 7 playoff appearances with a 1000 yard rusher each year

- you'll find most of those seasons his offenses ranked in the top 10

- you'll find he is innovative and creative (see how he used stewart in a time when that wasn't being done)

- look at last season more closely - his QB numbers (second year man with no experience) where efficient; two 1000 yard receivers; 874 yards out of Johnson in a shortend season...

nevermind - judge his rankings because a chief's team with less than average talent or less experienced key players struggled a tad on offense...

26 out of 32 is more than "struggled a tad". It's "bad".

26 out of 32 is more than "struggled a tad". It's "bad".

regardless - the dog thinks his track record speaks for itself. and since he was in his first year with the team, and an inexperienced QB, lost his most consistent offensive weapon for 4 games (we certainly know how people react here when jacobs gimps off for 4 games in a season), and had a defense ranked 31st in the league, it is hard to judge his ability as an offensive coordinator. To be fair, with less than average talent, and playing a schedule in which half the teams they played ranked defensively in the top half of the league, well then, the dog is willing to give him a pass for that season...

look beyond the numbers before judging...

regardless - the dog thinks his track record speaks for itself. and since he was in his first year with the team, and an inexperienced QB, lost his most consistent offensive weapon for 4 games (we certainly know how people react here when jacobs gimps off for 4 games in a season), and had a defense ranked 31st in the league, it is hard to judge his ability as an offensive coordinator. To be fair, with less than average talent, and playing a schedule in which half the teams they played ranked defensively in the top half of the league, well then, the dog is willing to give him a pass for that season...

look beyond the numbers before judging...

and yet you are using numbers to substantiate your claim. eventually, cream rises to the top.

simple truth is the best offensive coordinator in the league is in San Diego- unfortunately his current job is head coach where he is mediocre at best.

and yet you are using numbers to substantiate your claim. eventually, cream rises to the top.

simple truth is the best offensive coordinator in the league is in San Diego- unfortunately his current job is head coach where he is mediocre at best.

true - but there is a difference. to judge a coach by arguing that the team finished 26th without going inside the numbers and looking more closely at the situation (hence, the dog used more numbers) is closed minded thinking...the world is grey, not black and white.

true - but there is a difference. to judge a coach by arguing that the team finished 26th without going inside the numbers and looking more closely at the situation (hence, the dog used more numbers) is closed minded thinking...the world is grey, not black and white.

depends where you live- my world is a kaleidoscope of color.

God you're a douchebag. You can't find a number that justifies this guy getting ranked as the second best OC in the league. Surely such an astounding coach should be able to adjust to overcome the hurdles you mentioned and at least break free from the bottom 20% of the league?

God you're a douchebag. You can't find a number that justifies this guy getting ranked as the second best OC in the league. Surely such an astounding coach should be able to adjust to overcome the hurdles you mentioned and at least break free from the bottom 20% of the league?

wow...you certainly are a tad on edge. the dog wonders if the bitter taste of last year's "gravy" still lingers. needless to say, if you are unable to look beyond the overall numbers to truely assess why a team may have not produced beyond the scope of "dah, he's a bad coach," then so be it...but at least try and judge someone beyond his first season with a weak team talent-wise...

wow...you certainly are a tad on edge. the dog wonders if the bitter taste of last year's "gravy" still lingers. needless to say, if you are unable to look beyond the overall numbers to truely assess why a team may have not produced beyond the scope of "dah, he's a bad coach," then so be it...but at least try and judge someone beyond his first season with a weak team talent-wise...

You're suddenly fond of excuses? Your contrary schtick even extends to yourself now.

I never said he was a 'bad coach', I said his offense's performance was bad he wasn't worthy of being ranked #2 OC in the league.

I also said you're a douchebag, which I stick to. And a boring one at that.

You're suddenly fond of excuses? Your contrary schtick even extends to yourself now.

I never said he was a 'bad coach', I said his offense's performance was bad he wasn't worthy of being ranked #2 OC in the league.

I also said you're a douchebag, which I stick to. And a boring one at that.

his offense had less than average talent, and if you view how his young QB and young receiver developed over the year, the fact that they had 2 -1000 yard receivers and a running back, their main weapon, out for 1/4 of the season, well, the dog would say their may be reasons for the low ranking. but wait, this just in, they are ranking coordinators overall, not just based on last year, because most people with a reasonable level of intellect are able to view the whole picture when formulating rankings of personnel and not just one time when a coach took over a weak team for one season...imagine if everybody decided to rank eli manning's qb ranking as a playoff QB just on last season's game without taking into account his overall performance...

and the dog wonders why someone so boring keeps you intent on responding...if the dog is boring and yet you keep coming back for more, then what does that make you?? nevermind, the dog is quite certain you don't need to answer...

I'd rate Tony Sparano as the #1 game day HC right now with Bellicheck #2, Spags #3 (admittedly I have not seem him coach the O or ST but I have faith he will do it very well......John fox #4

Tom comes in somewhere in the 3rd tri-mester

Boys we have sent to potential HOF HC's packing in th elast 10 years- Fox and Spags

This rivals what we did in the 50',60's when Landry and Lombardi were sent on there way

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, and Dumber

I'd rate Tony Sparano as the #1 game day HC right now with Bellicheck #2, Spags #3 (admittedly I have not seem him coach the O or ST but I have faith he will do it very well......John fox #4

Tom comes in somewhere in the 3rd tri-mester

Boys we have sent to potential HOF HC's packing in th elast 10 years- Fox and Spags

This rivals what we did in the 50',60's when Landry and Lombardi were sent on there way

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, and Dumber

We let Landry and Lombardi go and kept Ali Sherman

We kept Fassel over Fox

Now we kept Captain Crumudgeon over Spags

Where is the justice.......oh the Humanities!!!!

his offense had less than average talent, and if you view how his young QB and young receiver developed over the year, the fact that they had 2 -1000 yard receivers and a running back, their main weapon, out for 1/4 of the season, well, the dog would say their may be reasons for the low ranking. but wait, this just in, they are ranking coordinators overall, not just based on last year, because most people with a reasonable level of intellect are able to view the whole picture when formulating rankings of personnel and not just one time when a coach took over a weak team for one season...imagine if everybody decided to rank eli manning's qb ranking as a playoff QB just on last season's game without taking into account his overall performance...

and the dog wonders why someone so boring keeps you intent on responding...if the dog is boring and yet you keep coming back for more, then what does that make you?? nevermind, the dog is quite certain you don't need to answer...

His last stint as OC in the NFL was 2000-2001 with Miami, where his offense ranked 21st & 16th. You have to go back to '97 with the Steelers to find a top 10 offense under him as OC. That's 12 years ago. He had one season as head coach of the Cowboys with a top 10 offense; the next year they were ranked 16th. There's nothing in his NFL record, past or present, to indicate he's worthy of such a high ranking.

But keep telling me, or yourself, that I'm the one not smart enough or too close-minded to grasp the issue.

You're right about one thing though; I've already wasted more time responding to your contrary argument than it deserves.

His last stint as OC in the NFL was 2000-2001 with Miami, where his offense ranked 21st & 16th. You have to go back to '97 with the Steelers to find a top 10 offense under him as OC. That's 12 years ago. He had one season as head coach of the Cowboys with a top 10 offense; the next year they were ranked 16th. There's nothing in his NFL record, past or present, to indicate he's worthy of such a high ranking.

But keep telling me, or yourself, that I'm the one not smart enough or too close-minded to grasp the issue.

You're right about one thing though; I've already wasted more time responding to your contrary argument than it deserves.

so simple. look beyond the basics:

The Dolphins averaged 118.4 rushing ypg in 2000, the club’s best rushing output since ‘84. Miami ranked fifth in the NFL with a +15 turnover differential that season and tied for second in the league with just nine fumbles lost. In addition, his offensive unit tied for fifth in the NFL by only allowing 28.0 sacks.

and yes, we are all well aware that the threesome of jay fielder, lamar smith and orando gadsen was the most formidable in the nfl, but let's give him some credit as the OC...

the dog likes your style. here's one - several years ago UNC released a study that showed that the college major who's graduates earned the most money after graduating was geography majors from UNC...so you would look at that and say, wow, maybe majoring in geography at UNC is quite lucrative...however, if you go beyond the numbers, you would find that one of the graduates with a major in geography was michael jordan...you know, the guy that made millions playing basketball and in endorsements...UNC retracted the study shortly there after....