SportsWrath

wtf is up with the NY Daily News?

Nas

It seems like every fucking day they have an article or two about that other New York team which has sucked since.. well forever.. and hardly any fucking articles about the best team in Football. seriously... wtf

They're probably just playing to their demographics.

whoever the editor is must be some d-bag Jets, Mets, and Islanders fan living in Long Island who just happened to LOATH the Yankees, hate the Giants, and can't stand the rangers...

whoever the editor is must be some d-bag Jets, Mets, and Islanders fan living in Long Island who just happened to LOATH the Yankees, hate the Giants, and can't stand the rangers...

Like I said, it's likely demographics. Aren't whole sections of the city largely Jets/Mets/Nets fans?

Like I said, it's likely demographics. Aren't whole sections of the city largely Jets/Mets/Nets fans?

I'm not sure what Nas is talking about, but the Yankees are usually always top billing, except for

when the Mets were really good (1969, 1973, Mid-80's and 2006).

Aside from the Plaxico and wide reciever issues, what else are writers going to talk about with the Giants?

The Jets have a new head coach and traded up for Mark Sanchez, how could anyone blame the paper?

Oh and who the fuck watches hockey in the city? It's dominated by baseball and football and when the U.S.

Open comes to down in a month, that will be in the headlines for about a week or two.

No not at all. I doubt the city has more Jets fans than Giants' fans.. I definitely doubt the city has more Mets fans than Yankees fans.. The NY Post has been fair to both teams.

No not at all. I doubt the city has more Jets fans than Giants' fans.. I definitely doubt the city has more Mets fans than Yankees fans.. The NY Post has been fair to both teams.

Who said anyhing about 'more fans'? I'm taking distribution. I've never heard of this paper let alone read it, I'm just guessing that if things are as you say they are there's probably a very good reason for them doing it, and it's probably being targeted to certain areas.

The area in question is NYC. And what I stated about NYC and their fan-hood is pretty accurate. The NY Daily News is a primarily a NYC paper. It used to write far more articles about the Giants in prior years... something happened this year..

The area in question is NYC. And what I stated about NYC and their fan-hood is pretty accurate. The NY Daily News is a primarily a NYC paper. It used to write far more articles about the Giants in prior years... something happened this year..

It's baseball season. Wait till July and then the football articles will be coming out.

It's baseball season. Wait till July and then the football articles will be coming out.

That would be cool if it's Football that's not getting their attention.. they seem to have at least 2 articles about the Jets everyday... the jets :blink:

That would be cool if it's Football that's not getting their attention.. they seem to have at least 2 articles about the Jets everyday... the jets :blink:

Nas, every paper in town, not just the News, has a hard on for the jets. Remember favre last year.

Doesn't really matter, were usually there in December and January when it matters.

You are wrong there Nas...the City has always been a National League town so when the Mets are decent to good you see them draw more attention. Many Blacks of my generation or older would not spit in the Yankees direction. As for the Jets bias....the Daily News has been that way since the days of Broadway Joe and his SuperBowl prediction and win. The Jets were always better ad copy than the boring plodding Giants. Remember most casual football fans love to see offense with the ball up in the air...and could care less about defense or the boring 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust. Again as Tree says they have to play to their demographic....they want to sell as many newspapers as possible in order to charge the companies who advertise in their paper the maximum rate. I read the Newsday, Times, Voice, WSJ and Crain's Business Weekly. I would not wipe my ass with the Daily News or NY Post, because I do not agree with their editorial politics and because they are written for the third grade reading level. Now the Wall Street Journal's politics are clearly conservative and right wing; but their articles are better researched and are geared for a higher reading level.

Nas, every paper in town, not just the News, has a hard on for the jets. Remember favre last year.

Doesn't really matter, were usually there in December and January when it matters.

Even though Newsday has become more and more Nassau and Suffolk oriented ever since that cock job who also happens to own the Knicks and Cablevision bought them little more than a year ago....they have been more or less even handed in their football and baseball coverage. The only time when you can see a slight bias is when the Jets lose spectacularly and the Giants win in a ho-hum fashion...you will see the Jets get two thirds of the back page and the Giants get a window indicating their win. But when you open it up you will see at least 10 articles about the Giants and 7-8 about the Jets. And all of them will be well written. Gary Myers is getting more like Mike Lupica (not a good thing) as time goes by though.

You are wrong there Nas...the City has always been a National League town so when the Mets are decent to good you see them draw more attention. Many Blacks of my generation or older would not spit in the Yankees direction. As for the Jets bias....the Daily News has been that way since the days of Broadway Joe and his SuperBowl prediction and win. The Jets were always better ad copy than the boring plodding Giants. Remember most casual football fans love to see offense with the ball up in the air...and could care less about defense or the boring 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust. Again as Tree says they have to play to their demographic....they want to sell as many newspapers as possible in order to charge the companies who advertise in their paper the maximum rate. I read the Newsday, Times, Voice, WSJ and Crain's Business Weekly. I would not wipe my ass with the Daily News or NY Post, because I do not agree with their editorial politics and because they are written for the third grade reading level. Now the Wall Street Journal's politics are clearly conservative and right wing; but their articles are better researched and are geared for a higher reading level.

I agree there.. which is why I don't buy the newspaper.. i read sports articles online.

It used to be that the Post was a Jets paper, and the News was a Giants paper. Looks like one is a Jets paper now and the other one... is a Jets paper.

Aside from the Plaxico and wide reciever issues, what else are writers going to talk about with the Giants?

The Jets have a new head coach and traded up for Mark Sanchez, how could anyone blame the paper?

Well, you'd think they'd cover the Giants' draft instead of... the fucking RAMS, for starters. Hell, maybe even go nuts and cover the rookie minicamp.