SportsWrath

Steve Smith will become (a legit) #1 Receiver

JMFP

Two words: SINORICE MOSS!

He's finishing with 2200 yards and 37 TDs this year. Screw that "other" Moss! :TU:

Dude your dollar is gonna be so sweet. I think I might donate it to some Vermont Feminist group in your name. :)

What's really funny is, Moss outscored Smith last year.

Our passing attack last year was rather weak, I mean Plax alone only had 4tds.

I mean any other team out there if their number one WR only has 4TDs that team is finishing 4-12.

Glad we had our rushing attack though.

Our passing attack last year was rather weak, I mean Plax alone only had 4tds.

I mean any other team out there if their number one WR only has 4TDs that team is finishing 4-12.

Glad we had our rushing attack though.

No doubt.

And SS led that Wr group in receptions, yet he only outscored Manningham.

He'll move the chains without a doubt, but he's not a threat in the end zone.

No doubt.

And SS led that Wr group in receptions, yet he only outscored Manningham.

He'll move the chains without a doubt, but he's not a threat in the end zone.

I dont know though you cant look at our WR group last year and say stuff like that. Mainly because we had such a good rushing attack, I mean two 1000 yard rushers...any OC wouldnt pass that ball with that type of production. We didnt need a WR to be an endzone threat (early on anyways) because we could just run it down the opponents throats.

If you go by your assumption that Smith isnt good in the redzone then really not a single WR on our team last year should even be starting with the lack luster numbers they had. Besides Boss and Jacobs basically made up 80% of our redzone offense, thats seems to be the Giants thing inside TCs "green zone" Either give it to Jacobs, play action to Boss or chuck it up to Plax.

Anyways I'm just trying to say you cant really look at our WRs numbers from last year considering we had the best if not one of the better running attacks in the NFL...we just didnt need to pass.

Steve Smith, of the New York Football Giants, could become a deep threat if he were given the routes to run.

As if coming down with clutch 3rd and long passes when the entire defense knows he's getting the ball is so much easier than juking a safety on a deep ball on 1st and 10.... <_<

if he accomplished so much in college he would be a 1 wr but he didn't. he a good 2 option that where he makes his move. he cant handle double coverage.

He played behind Dwayne Jarret, you dolt.

He had very solid production behind Jarret who was outstanding in college but really hasn't dont shit in the NFL. Smith has progressed into the better player at the NFL level.

I dont know though you cant look at our WR group last year and say stuff like that. Mainly because we had such a good rushing attack, I mean two 1000 yard rushers...any OC wouldnt pass that ball with that type of production. We didnt need a WR to be an endzone threat (early on anyways) because we could just run it down the opponents throats.

If you go by your assumption that Smith isnt good in the redzone then really not a single WR on our team last year should even be starting with the lack luster numbers they had. Besides Boss and Jacobs basically made up 80% of our redzone offense, thats seems to be the Giants thing inside TCs "green zone" Either give it to Jacobs, play action to Boss or chuck it up to Plax.

Anyways I'm just trying to say you cant really look at our WRs numbers from last year considering we had the best if not one of the better running attacks in the NFL...we just didnt need to pass.

Good post, logical. :worshippy:

And tied your boy Domenik Hixon, the fabled #1 WR!

What is your point?

lol, when did I ever say he was a number one?

The point would be that Smith bested both Hixon and Moss in catches, yet has scored only one td in two seasons in which he's had a bigger offensive role than either of those guys. He's great at moving the chains between the 20's.

No need to get your panties bunched up. I like Smith a lot. He's a great reciever, and I'm glad we have him.

He's not a number one though.

But our OC attempted passes in the red zone quite a bit. 90 attempts, 17 of 21 passing td's. One would think that the guy leading the team in catches would have a higher catch/td ratio. When the field gets smaller, SS loses some of his effectiveness.

But our OC attempted passes in the red zone quite a bit. 90 attempts, 17 of 21 passing td's. One would think that the guy leading the team in catches would have a higher catch/td ratio. When the field gets smaller, SS loses some of his effectiveness.

Or, like he said, they simply look for other options in the red zone... :confused:

Or, like he said, they simply look for other options in the red zone... :confused:

Actually, they don't.

They rushed 97 times in the redzone vs 90 passing attempts.

Of those ninety passing attempts in the redzone, guess who had the most catches.

Steve Smith.

So it's not like they weren't trying.

Actually, they don't.

They rushed 97 times in the redzone vs 90 passing attempts.

Of those ninety passing attempts in the redzone, guess who had the most catches.

Steve Smith.

So it's not like they weren't trying.

Steve Smith gets them within striking range for B. Jacobs...

These are RED ZONE stats. Already in striking distance chief.

Yah, what you want to throw fade route's to Steve Smith? The Red Zone is within the 20 where not only have we historically struggled in the passing game, but we tend to use the passing game to get it close and then pound it in with a running back...Steve Smith gets us from the 20 to the 1.