SportsWrath

Gheyest thing ever

GorillaNJ

Eh, I kind of like the shiny new apple. Truth be told, I thought the old apple was kind of embarrassing. I half-expected that it wouldn't work sometimes.

I like the new apple but I wish they had it coming out of a top hat.

I like a pitcher's park but is it just me or did they get carried away with the dimensions of this field? I mean, shouldn't it at least be somewhat of a remote possibility to take one out to center if you get great contact? I don't like balls that get absolutely destroyed turning into routine fly balls in center, that's just not how it should be, IMO. Or am I being too reactionary too early?

I like a pitcher's park but is it just me or did they get carried away with the dimensions of this field? I mean, shouldn't it at least be somewhat of a remote possibility to take one out to center if you get great contact? I don't like balls that get absolutely destroyed turning into routine fly balls in center, that's just not how it should be, IMO. Or am I being too reactionary too early?

it's a little ridiculous but if i had to choose one extreme i'd rather have a pitcher's park. i think it's easier to build an offense than to build a pitching staff so i'd rather get the help in that department

Who knows if those balls would have went out at Shea. The balls should carry more during summer.

Who knows if those balls would have went out at Shea. The balls should carry more during summer.

07field.graphic.full.jpg

You can see the Shea outfield line, those ones last night might not have gone out... the biggest difference will be to right center field where many of Mets home Runs went into the bull pens, it is futher and has a MUCH higher wall. They also have that stupid Pepsi pourch thing out there where it juts 8 feet into the field of play.....

If nothing else, Jose Reyes should have some more tripples this year

07field.graphic.full.jpg

You can see the Shea outfield line, those ones last night might not have gone out... the biggest difference will be to right center field where many of Mets home Runs went into the bull pens, it is futher and has a MUCH higher wall. They also have that stupid Pepsi pourch thing out there where it juts 8 feet into the field of play.....

If nothing else, Jose Reyes should have some more tripples this year

Jose and Danny Murphy are going to love Citi Field. Jose could have 30 triples this year.

Murphy could have 50 doubles and the same goes for David Wright.

Omar needs to build this team around line drive hitters and any kind of pitchers he wants.

Jose, Murphy, Wright and Beltran are a good start already.