SportsWrath

Michael Strahan to tackle comedy

fringe

Michael Strahan to tackle comedy

Former football player to star in 'Brothers'

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

Former pro football player Michael Strahan, who now serves as a football analyst for "Fox NFL Sunday," is trying out his sitcom chops.

Strahan is set to star in the laffer pilot "Brothers" (working title), which Fox greenlit on Friday.

Sony Pictures TV and the prolific Tantamount label -- which already has six other pilots in the works this season -- are behind the project, which comes from scribe Don Reo.

Also set to star: Daryl "Chill" Mitchell ("Ed"). Ted Wass is attached to direct.

"Brothers" will star Strahan as a retired NFL player who returns to his hometown and starts working to reconnect with his family -- especially his brother (Mitchell), who is confined to a wheelchair following a car accident.

In real life, Mitchell was paralyzed in a 2001 motorcycle accident; he played a paralyzed bowling alley manager on "Ed." Prior to his accident, he also starred in "Veronica's Closet" and "The John Larroquette Show."

As for Strahan, although the sitcom world is new to him, he appeared in a Web series, a commercial for Snickers and starred in a humorous advertisement for Right Guard. Strahan hosted Spike TV's "Pros vs. Joes" and the DIY Network series "Backyard Stadiums," and he has guested on series such as NBC's "Chuck."

Reo will exec produce with Tantamount's Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum and Mitch Hurwitz.

could not get any worse than his querky out of synch football commentary

what is the sitcom about?

A guy who loses all his money to a gold digger and then hooks up with another one and plants a GPS in her car?

Were you beaten as a child?

Were you beaten as a child?

No but i can sympathize with his woman problems

tracking them with a GPS is futile though

they are either into you or not.......tracking does not help, just uses up your positive energy

I have not liked the guy since he failed to dis-own the Favre flop..........that's Mark Gastineau's record still as far as i am concerned

as for the GPS system.......under what circumstances should a guy track his woman with GPS? just curious

Mike is funny, but not in a humorous way......if you get my drift

No but i can sympathize with his woman problems

tracking them with a GPS is futile though

they are either into you or not.......tracking does not help, just uses up your positive energy

I have not liked the guy since he failed to dis-own the Favre flop..........that's Mark Gastineau's record still as far as i am concerned

as for the GPS system.......under what circumstances should a guy track his woman with GPS? just curious

Mike is funny, but not in a humorous way......if you get my drift

Oh, you can just fuckin leave now for all I care. Favre flopped, but he had 21 1/2 EARNED sacks to that point. Who says Favre didnt go down cause he knew he was toast anyway? How do you know Strahan wouldnt of got one more after that anyway? (Which Im sure he would have.)

Dont like Strahan........get da fuck outta here!

Oh, you can just fuckin leave now for all I care. Favre flopped, but he had 21 1/2 EARNED sacks to that point. Who says Favre didnt go down cause he knew he was toast anyway? How do you know Strahan wouldnt of got one more after that anyway? (Which Im sure he would have.)

Dont like Strahan........get da fuck outta here!

There was about 50 seconds left in game 16

I don't think he would have gotten another sack

I can like who I want to like.........I like his contemporary Tiki a lot, Strahan I never warmed up to

Gastineau does not have a lot to hold on to, but that record to me is still his

I can like who I want to like.........I like his contemporary Tiki a lot, Strahan I never warmed up to

Yeah I'm pretty sure your not a Giants fan.

Maybe thats why they kicked you off the last board.

Yeah I'm pretty sure your not a Giants fan.

Maybe thats why they kicked you off the last board.

I think you can be a Giants fan and not be too fond of people like ol GPS. He's a character, I will admit.

Maybe YOUR not a Giants fan, but more an idol worshiper......there are many many Giants players present and past I have a lot of respect for and wish them the best....like the a lot. Contrast a guy like Osi or Kiwi with Strahan.....both are class acts. I dont recall hearing about Osi calling out the HC, feuding with teammates, laughing about team on time rules, or putting GPS devices in his girlfriends car :o)

I'm not to fond of Mike Strahan......deal with it. I wish him well, but something about him gives me the willies.

As for being a Giants fan, my blood runs BLUE.

I don't believe that was the last game of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
I coulda SWORE it wasn't the last game that yr. Oh well, fuck Jack anyway. :)

Not only was it the last game

Poor Mark Gastineau graciously attended the game and was dumbfounded by the farce in the 59th minute

Mark was speechless, and embarrassed.....all caught on camera

the whole thing smelled

should have been taken away by whoever in the league approves these records