SportsWrath

NY Giants FanFest

BIGBLUE01

I live about 5 hours plus away from east rutherford and i'm thinking of going, if i can afford the two nights in a hotel i'd probably go to the espn zone in times square after this.

Edit-I do wonder if Jeremy Shockey is gonna be on any of these past season highlights streaming through the stadium or if J.R has erased every Shockey highlight from the record books

I live about 5 hours plus away from east rutherford and i'm thinking of going, if i can afford the two nights in a hotel i'd probably go to the espn zone in times square after this.

Edit-I do wonder if Jeremy Shockey is gonna be on any of these past season highlights streaming through the stadium or if J.R has erased every Shockey highlight from the record books

LOL, good question. I'd go if I was there. But Im saving my chips for training camp. By golly, Im goin. :flex:

I remember they were having a Giants dinner, the price was like $500 and you had dinner with past and present Giants...I was all set to lay down the cash until I heard it was being MC's (I guess is the word) by Mike Fatcessa of WFAN. I readily told my buddy I wasn't going.

I went...about 7 years ago.

One of the best days (as a GIANTS fan) I have ever had! I was all over the place...Stadium club, press box, turf, and the LOCKER ROOM!! Soooo cool. The locker room was unbelieveable! Players were everywhere. I got to meet Harry Carson, Joe Morris, my personal fav, Otis Anderson (sat for a couple of pics with him :wub:) and a ton of others.

It may have been the first one they had, so it was not as popular which may have cut down on the crowd a bit, but it was awesome. They have changed things up a bit, but well worth it.

I would HIGHLY suggest you go if you can. :rock:

its a very crowded event

I would suggest you bring an group with you as it is not by any means an intimate affair

My lasting impression having goen about 5 years ago was how dated everything in Giants Stadium was.......like a 1982 time capsule

They definitely needed a new stadium........or a huge refurb

its a very crowded event

I would suggest you bring an group with you as it is not by any means an intimate affair

My lasting impression having goen about 5 years ago was how dated everything in Giants Stadium was.......like a 1982 time capsule

They definitely needed a new stadium........or a huge refurb

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that they get one. :rolleyes:

Well thats pretty sporting of you

My question is why did this one take so long to build.....Mets and Yankee stadiums went up in a year

Add to that the fact it cost 1.2 billion and has no roof

RedBulls stadium will also be ready next yaer in harison NJ and its a beautiful place.......has the roof hanging out to the field like the old texas stadium

they say you could only get wet in the front row in a driving storm

Seems to me a semi enclosed roof like that is what the giants needed......cut down on the wind but keep the other elements of winter in the game

Well whatever.......this ones half done at it aint changing for 50-60-yrs........long after were dead

if i can afford the two nights in a hotel i'd probably go to the espn zone in times square after this.

Food & Drinks at that place will cost as much as a night in an NJ hotel!

Well thats pretty sporting of you

My question is why did this one take so long to build.....Mets and Yankee stadiums went up in a year

Add to that the fact it cost 1.2 billion and has no roof

RedBulls stadium will also be ready next yaer in harison NJ and its a beautiful place.......has the roof hanging out to the field like the old texas stadium

they say you could only get wet in the front row in a driving storm

Seems to me a semi enclosed roof like that is what the giants needed......cut down on the wind but keep the other elements of winter in the game

Well whatever.......this ones half done at it aint changing for 50-60-yrs........long after were dead

The ground at Citi Field was broken in Novemeber of 2006. Hardly "went up in a year" when infact,

it took 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, do you even read the newspapers? The new Giants Stadium ground was broken

in 2007....LIKE GTFO at the builders because they didn't build it fast.

Jesus Christ.

1. The Giants owners didn't want a roof because they no intention of hosting a Superbowl and

2. Who really gives a shit about the Red Bulls?

The ground at Citi Field was broken in Novemeber of 2006. Hardly "went up in a year" when infact,

it took 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, do you even read the newspapers? The new Giants Stadium ground was broken

Jesus Christ.

1. The Giants owners didn't want a roof because they no intention of hosting a Superbowl and

People who are tired. :P

Jesus Christ.

I'm a huge soccer fan and i couldn't care less about the Red Bulls. Any team that changes their name because of a soft drink sponsorship has no respect from me.

I'll go watch the Red Bulls when they are playing manchester united.

I'm a huge soccer fan and i couldn't care less about the Red Bulls. Any team that changes their name because of a soft drink sponsorship has no respect from me.

I'll go watch the Red Bulls when they are playing manchester united.

I was just joking, but, did they really change their name to the energy drink? :confused: