SportsWrath

Scoop on C.C. Brown from my Texan friends

Nesta

The consensus is unanimous. He's a solid pickup, whether we need him to start or backup someone.

He'd probably still be the starter in Houston if not for the injury.

And one guy even said he rivalled Robinson as the best player in that secondary.

Not bad. Just a matter of how much we had to pay.

your friends on crack. if CC was the seconds best in the texans secondary thats like being the second smarts in the slow class like me. i do follow the texans . david carr was the man and still is. futhor pointless info is my old handle was Carr8

your friends on crack. if CC was the seconds best in the texans secondary thats like being the second smarts in the slow class like me. i do follow the texans . david carr was the man and still is. futhor pointless info is my old handle was Carr8

are you one of those guys who think carr is better than eli?

Being second best behind a guy like Dunta Robinson isn't a knock.

Especially if you came in the league a year later and are a year younger.

Anyway, these guys are not David Carr fans. They are Texan fans, and all more or less hate Carr.

The consensus is unanimous. He's a solid pickup, whether we need him to start or backup someone.

He'd probably still be the starter in Houston if not for the injury.

And one guy even said he rivalled Robinson as the best player in that secondary.

Not bad. Just a matter of how much we had to pay.

Sounds like great news. Sort of like a younger version of Sammy Knight. :TU:

I feel as if my IQ just dropped 10 points after reading this.

Being second best behind a guy like Dunta Robinson isn't a knock.

Especially if you came in the league a year later and are a year younger.

Anyway, these guys are not David Carr fans. They are Texan fans, and all more or less hate Carr.

besides robinson they had no decent secondary.

besides robinson they had no decent secondary.

No, according to Texan (not David Carr) fans, besides Robinson and Brown, they had no decent secondary.

I'm completely surprised by how some of you guys are dissappointed with this signing. We don't even know how much he costs yet. We may be getting an eventual starter, and one who's style of play fits in with an aggressive defense, for backup S money. The guy is tough (he broke his arm, went back into the game and made it worse), he's smart and can qb the secondary, and best of all he is young. If he comes cheap, how can you not like this. :confused:

No, according to Texan (not David Carr) fans, besides Robinson and Brown, they had no decent secondary.

I'm completely surprised by how some of you guys are dissappointed with this signing. We don't even know how much he costs yet. We may be getting an eventual starter, and one who's style of play fits in with an aggressive defense, for backup S money. The guy is tough (he broke his arm, went back into the game and made it worse), he's smart and can qb the secondary, and best of all he is young. If he comes cheap, how can you not like this. :confused:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/03...etails_wit.html

Just got the details of C.C. Brown's 1-year contract with the Giants. Real quick rundown:

*$1-million base salary ($300k guaranteed)

*$400K signing bonus

*$150k roster bonus (prorated per game active)

*$50k workout bonus

*$400k incentive if he plays 75% of defensive snaps`

Total cap number: $1.6 million

I really like this signing and he comes pretty cheap.

bc theres a reason the texans have barley sniffed .500

bc theres a reason the texans have barley sniffed .500

true. Reeves a starting corner. Slow developement of the dline. No help for SuperMario. Weak lb's. Schaub can't stay on the field. Hot and cold oline.

Certainly too much to blame on one facet of their game. I don't think highly of Kubiak as a HC either. He made some boneheaded mistakes as well. Not that I follow Texan football, it's just shoved down my throat more than I'd like.

true. Reeves a starting corner. Slow developement of the dline. No help for SuperMario. Weak lb's. Schaub can't stay on the field. Hot and cold oline.

Certainly too much to blame on one facet of their game. I don't think highly of Kubiak as a HC either. He made some boneheaded mistakes as well. Not that I follow Texan football, it's just shoved down my throat more than I'd like.

also having CC Brown as your starting saftey

It is a solid signing.

His 2007 numbers show it and that is with pretty much nothing around him.

You take a solid player and put him into what is shaping up to be a murderer's row of a D-line and I will be he do some good things back in that secondary.

The Lions did not get to .001 so if we signed or traded for Calvin Johnson that would be a bad signing?

one of the texans biggest knocks on d was they could never find a solid saftey.

one of the texans biggest knocks on d was they could never find a solid saftey.

About 4 years ago yeah. Since then they've been unable to land a good FS, but Brown was fine at SS. Recently they have much bigger problems. You're right that their secondary sucks but that's not on the shoulders of the only two people who shined in it; Robinson and Brown.

About 4 years ago yeah. Since then they've been unable to land a good FS, but Brown was fine at SS. Recently they have much bigger problems. You're right that their secondary sucks but that's not on the shoulders of the only two people who shined in it; Robinson .

fixed

Every guy the Giants sign does not have to be a star. Based on his numbers prior to last season, the tackle numbers suggest he is at least around the ball. Whether that be from good skill or poor play on his part I don't know but if he is fully healed I see no reason why he can't contribute in some capacity. Considering he's only 26 there may be some upside so for the contract he received and the fact Butler is gone, it looks like a reasonable move.