SportsWrath

KFFL tidbits on Giants concerning Free Agents

BleedinBlue

1) Giants | Were in the mix for Haynesworth

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:45:17 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants were in the mix for Washington Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth before pulling out because of the asking price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Giants | Door still open for D. Ward to return

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:28:39 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports free-agent RB Derrick Ward said the New York Giants are still an option for him to re-sign with. He said they have left the door open for him to return and he knows they would love to have him back. He said right now it is a business decision and he believes he can be a starter in the league.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Giants | Will meet with R. Bernard

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:11:55 -0800

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants will bring in free-agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) for a visit Friday, Feb. 27. The Giants are looking to add depth to the interior of their defensive line. Bernard would likely fit into a rotation along starters Fred Robbins and Barry Cofield and sub Jay Alford.

4) Giants | Boley to visit Friday

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:35:53 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New York Giants will meet with unrestricted free-agent LB Michael Boley (Falcons) Friday, Feb. 27.

5) Giants | Houshmandzadeh targeting team

Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:32:33 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals) told "NFL Live" Friday, Feb. 27, he told his agent to approach the New York Giants in free agency.

1) Giants | Were in the mix for Haynesworth

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:45:17 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants were in the mix for Washington Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth before pulling out because of the asking price.

2) Giants | Door still open for D. Ward to return

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:28:39 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports free-agent RB Derrick Ward said the New York Giants are still an option for him to re-sign with. He said they have left the door open for him to return and he knows they would love to have him back. He said right now it is a business decision and he believes he can be a starter in the league.

I doubt we were seriously in the running for Haynesworth. I would be pissed if I was a fan of a team whose owner gave 100 mil to a defenensive lineman. We're talking big time quarterback type money there.

3) Giants | Will meet with R. Bernard

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:11:55 -0800

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants will bring in free-agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) for a visit Friday, Feb. 27. The Giants are looking to add depth to the interior of their defensive line. Bernard would likely fit into a rotation along starters Fred Robbins and Barry Cofield and sub Jay Alford.

4) Giants | Boley to visit Friday

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:35:53 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New York Giants will meet with unrestricted free-agent LB Michael Boley (Falcons) Friday, Feb. 27.

5) Giants | Houshmandzadeh targeting team

Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:32:33 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports free-agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Bengals) told "NFL Live" Friday, Feb. 27, he told his agent to approach the New York Giants in free agency.

I doubt we were seriously in the running for Haynesworth. I would be pissed if I was a fan of a team whose owner gave 100 mil to a defenensive lineman. We're talking big time quarterback type money there. As far as Boley, I am a little skeptical that we are thinking of giving him 5 mil a year when we refused to resign Kawika for less than that. And TJ - I doubt the Giants grab him.

I doubt we were seriously in the running for Haynesworth. I would be pissed if I was a fan of a team whose owner gave 100 mil to a defenensive lineman. We're talking big time quarterback type money there. As far as Boley, I am a little skeptical that we are thinking of giving him 5 mil a year when we refused to resign Kawika for less than that. And TJ - I doubt the Giants grab him.

I would love to nabb TJ at a reasonable price. I would freaken love it

I would love to nabb TJ at a reasonable price. I would freaken love it

If it is for a reasonable price it is a no-brainer. If it is true he wants to talk to the Giants maybe they can get him at a fair deal.

And if there is any GM in the league I trust to be smart with their money and somehow get great deals its Reese.

If it is for a reasonable price it is a no-brainer. If it is true he wants to talk to the Giants maybe they can get him at a fair deal.

And if there is any GM in the league I trust to be smart with their money and somehow get great deals its Reese.

yeah... seriously, if we got him, and somehow Burress did make it back, could you just imagine?

Burress, TJ Housh., Smith, Hixon, and Boss!!!!

That would be best tandem in the league right there.

yeah... seriously, if we got him, and somehow Burress did make it back, could you just imagine?

Burress, TJ Housh., Smith, Hixon, and Boss!!!!

That would be best tandem in the league right there.

The key there is the "somehow".

There is no way Burress is back.

True but I suspect the FO regretted that.

the Giants were about as serious with signing Albert Haynesworth as Nas is a seriously considering registering as a republican. This Boley kid is young, but I think they could have gotten him cheaper....I would love to see TJ in a Giants uni, but not a 9 mil per year.

the Giants were about as serious with signing Albert Haynesworth as Nas is a seriously considering registering as a republican. This Boley kid is young, but I think they could have gotten him cheaper....I would love to see TJ in a Giants uni, but not a 9 mil per year.

Hey I'm a republican....

Abuser :D

Apparently, the Eagles are saying no to Houshmanzadeh...

Apparently so are the Giants. He's having a 2nd interview with the Seahawks, and also the Giants aren't looking for any offense through free agency. I got all this news from my friend who is listening to Sirous radio right now. He's not a liar, but it defiantly doesn't mean what he says is set in stone. I WANT TJ!!!!

Apparently so are the Giants. He's having a 2nd interview with the Seahawks, and also the Giants aren't looking for any offense through free agency. I got all this news from my friend who is listening to Sirous radio right now. He's not a liar, but it defiantly doesn't mean what he says is set in stone. I WANT TJ!!!!

I'd even take Michael Clayton off the Bucs hands, too...

Your friend wouldn't happen to be the same friend who gave you bad info?

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=27746