SportsWrath

Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers

JMFP

I know I'm biased because he's from RU, but I like the size, and the kid could possibly be around in the 2nd round.

http://www.walterfootball.com/pro2009kbritt.php

Kenny Britt, 6-4/215

Wide Receiver

Rutgers

Kenny Britt's Scouting Report

By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Big frame with solid bulk and long arms ... Not a freak athlete, but he has adequate athleticism to be a playmaker ... Consistent production statistically ... Tough player who knows how to get off the line of scrimmage ... Runs sharp routes ... Rarely drops passes ... Excellent on the fade route in the red zone ... Can adjust to the ball in the air ... Times jumps well ... Catches the ball away from his body ... Good speed after the catch ... Gives effort as a blocker ... Beat double teams often in junior season ... Does not go down easily after first hit ... Versatile as a solid deep threat, but can also make plays on screens.

Weaknesses: Does not have a second gear to beat safeties deep ... Often shows great ability on route running, but does not give a great effort as much as you would want him to ... Timed speed will go under microscope.

Summary: Britt is the prototypical possession receiver for a West Coast offense, but it will remain to be seen if scouts think he can be a No. 1 receiver. I think his route running and hands will lead him to be a solid receiver in this league. Ultimately, I have a first-round grade on him because he is so well-rounded, but I am not sure if he will actually go in the first round.

Player Comparison: Dwayne Bowe. Britt is slightly less athletic than Bowe, but both boast skill sets with minimal weaknesses. Both are elite threats in the red zone with their size and ability.

He keeps climbing the rankings. At first I thought he'd be a good grab in the second, but now he appears to be just a flashy name and someone will take him way too high.

I've seen him play in enough games to know he's got nice hands, and runs good routes. Then again, he'll be playing against pros, and I'm not sure about his speed.

My spidey senses tell me he could even be around in the 3rd....I suppose alot will be driven by his combine stats.

I've seen him play in enough games to know he's got nice hands, and runs good routes. Then again, he'll be playing against pros, and I'm not sure about his speed.

My spidey senses tell me he'll be around in the 3rd....I suppose alot will be driven by his combine stats.

Some mocks got him as high as the late teens. If he totally blows the combine, then I can see him falling to the 3rd.

He keeps climbing the rankings. At first I thought he'd be a good grab in the second, but now he appears to be just a flashy name and someone will take him way too high.

its way to early to be rising to the top of the wr rankings anyway crabtree's days at the top are numbered. Britt is around #5 in the WR rankings he could peek and fall before the draft is even here

Kenny Britt Profile

KBritt.jpg
Kenny Britt, 6-4/215

• Wide Receiver

• Rutgers
  •  

Kenny Britt's Scouting Report

By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Big frame with solid bulk and long arms ... Not a freak athlete, but he has adequate athleticism to be a playmaker ... Consistent production statistically ... Tough player who knows how to get off the line of scrimmage ... Runs sharp routes ... Rarely drops passes ... Excellent on the fade route in the red zone ... Can adjust to the ball in the air ... Times jumps well ... Catches the ball away from his body ... Good speed after the catch ... Gives effort as a blocker ... Beat double teams often in junior season ... Does not go down easily after first hit ... Versatile as a solid deep threat, but can also make plays on screens.

Weaknesses: Does not have a second gear to beat safeties deep ... Often shows great ability on route running, but does not give a great effort as much as you would want him to ... Timed speed will go under microscope.

Summary: Britt is the prototypical possession receiver for a West Coast offense, but it will remain to be seen if scouts think he can be a No. 1 receiver. I think his route running and hands will lead him to be a solid receiver in this league. Ultimately, I have a first-round grade on him because he is so well-rounded, but I am not sure if he will actually go in the first round.

Player Comparison: Dwayne Bowe. Britt is slightly less athletic than Bowe, but both boast skill sets with minimal weaknesses. Both are elite threats in the red zone with their size and ability.

oh yeah better work on his technique, catching the ball with your chest will keep you in the green ;) room.

I think it should be put into the records I was the first calling for this guy. Check the history I have been saying they should get Britt even before the Latin Club nonsense.

Duly noted.

Well we have enough short wide receivers. It is necessary at this point to give Eli a big target. The only thing that is a question mark for Britt is his speed. I personally think he would be a great pick in the 2nd round. I think the G-men need to draft 2 wide receivers as well, if they don't get anything for the position in free agency. Another guy from UF is Louis Murphy, who isn't exactly a big target like I would like but when you run a low 4.3 40, and you are still 6'2" and over 200 lbs, you have the physical attributes to be a star in the NFL.

Well we have enough short wide receivers. It is necessary at this point to give Eli a big target. The only thing that is a question mark for Britt is his speed. I personally think he would be a great pick in the 2nd round. I think the G-men need to draft 2 wide receivers as well, if they don't get anything for the position in free agency. Another guy from UF is Louis Murphy, who isn't exactly a big target like I would like but when you run a low 4.3 40, and you are still 6'2" and over 200 lbs, you have the physical attributes to be a star in the NFL.

I agree. If you look at the greatest receivers of all time, sure they all had good speed. But cornerbacks are generally all track guys, and the fastest players in the NFL.

It's the combination of size, speed, cuts and hands that makes guys like Marvin Harrison much better than his 40 time would indicate. And all the speed in the world won't help a cornerback outjump a 6-4 receiver like Britt.

His name has been thrown around alot on the board. I don't know. Its easy to fall in love with his size but he is a Rutgers WR - that must be taken into consideration.

:huh:

Oh, you must mean that he had to catch passes from Teel. I would think that works in his favor.