SportsWrath

Careful What You Wish For.

fishgutmartyr

LINK

Pioli to be announced Tuesday AM

Scott Pioli will officially be named to the position of Kansas City director of football operations Tuesday morning, after which he probably will relieve Herm Edwards of his coaching duties and begin his search for a new head man. The call to the Giants for permission to talk with Steve Spagnuolo could come quickly after that.

GM Jerry Reese is at the East-West Game in Houston and said he has yet to hear from the Kansas City organization.

Pioli knows Spags, "They are not buddy-buddy, but they know each other" said a source. And considering the state of the KC defense, it wouldn't be surpring if Pioli looked to that side of the ball for his first coach.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz is another possibility althought the man Pioli would have wanted, even though he is an offensive coach, was Josh McDaniels, who is in Denver.

Meanwhile Kevin Gilbride remains a candidate for the head job in Oakland. If he is named the Raiders coach, word is wide receivers coach Mike Sullivan would become the Giants offensive coordinator.

And another Giants assistant coach may be leaving for another team. There may be more on that tomorrow.

I'm having a stroke.

Mike Sullivan, the man responsible for developing Sinorice Moss and Mario Manningham to the legends they are today. That should install a run-first offense...

And a 3rd coach might go!?! Please don't let it be Waufle or Flaherty.

Keep in mind the Eagles secondary was considered the weak link of the team when we hired Spags away from them. Just because Moss can't stay healthy and isn't that good doesn't mean Sullivan would be a bad OC.

But the fact Gilbride and/or Spags may take away position coaches is what scares me. That was a big reason the Cowboys were a failure this year. No continuity with position coaches and players.

Sigh... the price of success.

LINK

I'm having a stroke.

Mike Sullivan, the man responsible for developing Sinorice Moss and Mario Manningham to the legends they are today. That should install a run-first offense...

And a 3rd coach might go!?! Please don't let it be Waufle or Flaherty.

Isn't Waufle a candidate for defensive coordinator if Spags goes.

Keep in mind the Eagles secondary was considered the weak link of the team when we hired Spags away from them. Just because Moss can't stay healthy and isn't that good doesn't mean Sullivan would be a bad OC.

But the fact Gilbride and/or Spags may take away position coaches is what scares me. That was a big reason the Cowboys were a failure this year. No continuity with position coaches and players.

Sigh... the price of success.

OK, maybe he's got potential; maybe not. But would you expect a big shift in offensive strategy, based on his hire? I somehow doubt this is the guy that the folks clamoring for Gilbride's head had in mind for a replacement.

And since the only WR that has really developed in his time as WR coach is Tyree, how good do you think he'll be? Smith was pretty much ready from day one.

Secondary is looking great.... Terell Thomas looks like a future shutdown corner and Webster already is one. And everyone knocked on Ross alot but for a second year player he is pretty good too.

hope the secondary coach stays put

I agree with this....that kid is looking excellent...it will be nice to see what he can do when he is on the field more often

Apparently, it was the assistant offensive line coach that was the mysterious 3rd coach. Link

January 14, 2009

"Googs" in Miami

The Miami Dolphins are interviewing Giants assistant offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo for their offensive line coach position which opened up when Mike Maser was let go earlier in the week. "Googs" and Miami head coach Tony Sparano worked together at Boston University. The Dolphins asked for permission to talk to DeGuglielmo for a position which would be a promotion for him.

Can't say I blame Miami.

Apparently, it was the assistant offensive line coach that was the mysterious 3rd coach. Link

Can't say I blame Miami.

As long as Waffle doesn't go anywhere then we will be fine...you can always get assistants...in fact I would get someone from Phillies assistants....they have a decent line.