SportsWrath

"My plans to Cabo fell through"

RandolphScott

We just finished with head coach Tom Coughlin on a conference call. So far the team hasn’t made a move to place injured CB Sam Madison (broken ankle) on injured reserve, but that move is imminent, as Coughlin felt that given the short period of time involved, he didn’t think Madison would be able to recover in time to contribute on the field. However, Coughlin did say he’d welcome the veteran’s continued contribution in terms of coaching the younger players.

Coughlin had nothing to say about the rumors swirling about the reported interest of other teams in coordinators Kevin Gilbride and Steve Spagnuolo. The only thing he did say with regards to whether this was a distraction is that they were following the league’s established rules for this situation.

On the injury front, it sounds like Michael Matthews (ankle) wouldn’t have been ready to practice by Wednesday if it were a normal week. Coughlin said Matthews was still swollen and was to have a MRI to determine the extent of the damage. CB Aaron Ross (concussion) has made progress and Coughlin said that he would have been able to practice if it was a normal week. Ditto for TE Kevin Boss.

Coughlin is hoping that Brandon Jacobs will be ready to go. He said he’d like to see Jacobs get some “solid practice time,” (translation: go through a full practice) but he also said that as of this time, he wasn’t sure if Jacobs would be able to do that.

(As a side note, my gut feeling is that Jacobs won’t do much this week, but next week he’ll go full tilt.)

Michael Johnson had the quad contusion, but it doesn't sound like it will be anything to keep him out for too long.

Coughlin said that the medical folks made the best recommendation concerning DT Barry Cofield, as the DT moved with some hesitation last Friday. Coughlin didn’t say if Cofield would be good to go this week, but my guess is they’ll minimize his activity.

By the way, the Giants will practice on Wednesday and Friday of this week, and will most likely focus on cleaning up some of the problems that have plagued them the past few weeks, such as the red zone scoring. They were originally scheduled to work on Tuesday as well, but Coughlin decided to give them an extra day off. They will, of course, have the weekend off as well.

P.S. Jokester Eli Manning , who followed Coughlin on the conference call, was asked if he had any plans to travel this weekend. He said, "No, I'm going to stay around and have a relaxing wekend. Besides, my plans to travel to Cabo feel through."

Ouch!

Link

I'm willing to bet Eli is funnier than Peyton. He said in an interview with Sporting News that he's been asked to host SNL and has turned down endorsements because he wants to focus on football. I bet he'd make some hilarious commercials.

Peyton is really good. I think Eli could do just as well.

LOL!!! I like Eli's take on other QB rivals....does not get worked up with the comparisons yet is aware of them to be able to comment in such a dry manner. I remember when Simms was given the same opportunity you would see his jaw clench and/or his face would cloud over whenever the subject turned to a rival QB....especially Joe Montana whom he hated with a special passion. In fact I enjoy/enjoyed both approaches.

LOL!!! I like Eli's take on other QB rivals....does not get worked up with the comparisons yet is aware of them to be able to comment in such a dry manner. I remember when Simms was given the same opportunity you would see his jaw clench and/or his face would cloud over whenever the subject turned to a rival QB....especially Joe Montana whom he hated with a special passion. In fact I enjoy/enjoyed both approaches.

do you live near the daytop on beach channel drive?

do you live near the daytop on beach channel drive?

Nah man that is in Edgemere...I could have scored a job there though. I live in Bayswater right next to east Jamaica Bay. Did you ever have a connection with that Daytop? I had a friend who was a social worker there who used to earn cash on the side being a pier diem substance abuse counselor. His last name was Mazeltov.