SportsWrath

So Long CC.......

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

The San Jose Mercury News passes along a rumor that CC Sabathia has declined the Yankees' six-year, $140 million offer.

Apparently, the rumor is spreading fast, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has also picked up on it. An executive close to the CC Sabathia talks told the Andrew Baggerly of the Mercury News that the Brewers are emerging as the frontrunners for Sabathia.

Source: San Jose Mercury News

this is complete bullshit....look where its coming from...two cities that desperately need to keep their fans interested because their teams are either awful(giants) or on the verge of being awful again(brewers).

san jose merc is usually pretty trustworthy. hugh. and the giants don't really want him so i don't get your take here.

but i agree that we're awful.

san jose merc is usually pretty trustworthy. hugh. and the giants don't really want him so i don't get your take here.

but i agree that we're awful.

not saying its a bad paper, just saying that he teams in the cities are terrible and need to keep hope alive so they made this up....Ive heard the giants are interested, but they cant make a realistic offer. The bottom line is this CC declines the yankees offer is completely false.

At this point its evident he does not want to play for the Yankees, it will just be a question as to if he leaves that much coin on the table to no do so. My guess is the players union will pressure him to take this deal.

Now the question you have to ask if you are a Yankee fan is do you really want him then?

The Yankees are denying that CC has rejected the offer. Does he think he is going to get more money somewhere else?

Blu, what are the Giants going to do with Zito and his contract.

do you mean if cc comes here? zito is fine as a # 4 starter. in fact, he might be more comfortable in that role.

Guest StrahansGap
i don't see how it keeps hope alive to say he's most likely going to the brewers. but the reporter in the merc said all of it is unconfirmed chatter.

I agree. I started this thread and it's all based on rumors. But I can't help to take this info with some merit due to the fact that Sabathia isn't pulling the trigger on a $140 Million dollar offer. During a recession like this, it's mindboggling.