SportsWrath

So Long CC.......

Guest StrahansGap

i can't believe he got the yanks to bid against their 6 year 140 mil deal when no one else was close. but they can afford it

I think not going after Santana last year and watching the "can't miss 'young guns'" flop had alot to do with it.

Guest StrahansGap
That contract. So much for relying on his morals and saying he wanted to pitch

closer to his family.

He still isn't a better pitcher than Johan though.

For some reason I'm sensing a little jealousy here. Their stats are pretty even depending on how you look at them. Some might even say CC's numbers were better last year:

2008 Year-To-Date Comparison

Player Team G GS CG SO W L S BS ER K BB H IP ERA WHIP

CC Sabathia NYY 35 35 10 5 17 10 0 0 76 251 59 223 253.0 2.70 1.11

Johan Santana NYM 34 34 3 2 16 7 0 0 66 206 63 206 234.1 2.53 1.15

More K's, more complete games, more wins (only by 1). The stat that jumps out at me here is the CG's. Complete games is a stat that goes unnoticed. CG's help out a bullpen and a team in so many ways...it's not even funny. The best thing is that the Yanks didn't have to give up any good players (like the Mets did for Johan) to get Sabathia. And we're going to help CC's load by signing Lowe or Burnett in the coming days. The Bronx is back!

For some reason I'm sensing a little jealousy here. Their stats are pretty even depending on how you look at them. Some might even say CC's numbers were better last year:

More K's, more complete games, more wins (only by 1). The stat that jumps out at me here is the CG's. Complete games is a stat that goes unnoticed. CG's help out a bullpen and a team in so many ways...it's not even funny. The best thing is that the Yanks didn't have to give up any good players (like the Mets did for Johan) to get Sabathia. And we're going to help CC's load by signing Lowe or Burnett in the coming days. The Bronx is back!

Not so fast. You still have no first baseman, center fielder, right fielder, an aging shortstop (yes, he is), and a second baseman who seemed to lose his way last year. Who's the DH? Yanks have issues. Sabathia can only pitch every 5 days.

Guest StrahansGap
Not so fast. You still have no first baseman, center fielder, right fielder, an aging shortstop (yes, he is), and a second baseman who seemed to lose his way last year. Who's the DH? Yanks have issues. Sabathia can only pitch every 5 days.

Pitching wins baseball.....period. Just ask Cole Hamels and the world champion Phillies. They turned Evan Longoria into Eva Longoria.

Guest StrahansGap
Over/under on when Steiny calls him "Fat Pussy Toad 2" is 10 starts.

Your just mad the Giants dropped a load on Barry Zito. What's with those people named Barry in San Fran? ;)

Pitching wins baseball.....period. Just ask Cole Hamels and the world champion Phillies. They turned Evan Longoria into Eva Longoria.

Pitching wins in October. You need some offense and defense over the course of 162 games to help get you there. And Sabathia still can't pitch everyday.

Your just mad the Giants dropped a load on Barry Zito. What's with those people named Barry in San Fran? ;)

this one makes barry almost look like a bargain in retrospect. we had no business in the CC race with Bengie Molina scheduled to bat cleanup again. the only reason he mentioned us was to get the price raised- mission accomplished.

The Mets gave up nothing for Santana.

Guest StrahansGap
The Mets gave up nothing for Santana.

They gave up 3 pitching prospects and Carlos Gomez. Gomez might turn out to be a good ballplayer soon and you can't say anything bad about 3 young pitchers who haven't had the chance to prove themselves yet.

Mike Francesca called Sabathia a "star" today and said he is no Santana because Santana is a "superstar". What the hell has Santana done in his career that Sabathia hasn't to be called a superstar besides winning awards?

What would scare me is the increase in innings the last 2 years entering a contract year and the massive amounts of CG's in those 2 years as opposed to the previous few.

As to the question of what has he not done that Johan has the answer is win 20 games, win 3 cy youngs, Pitch to a 3.11 ERA vs a 3.66 ERA and pitch to a win % of .681.

With that being said he is a VERY GOOD pitcher, a tough pitcher and a real gamer. I would take him on my team anyday of the week. He is also a very good guy they say. I think its a great addition.

They gave up 3 pitching prospects and Carlos Gomez. Gomez might turn out to be a good ballplayer soon and you can't say anything bad about 3 young pitchers who haven't had the chance to prove themselves yet.

Mike Francesca called Sabathia a "star" today and said he is no Santana because Santana is a "superstar". What the hell has Santana done in his career that Sabathia hasn't to be called a superstar besides winning awards?

Compare their careers. Santana has clearly been better. Sabathia has been great the past few seasons. Santana has been great his whole career.

Compare their careers. Santana has clearly been better. Sabathia has been great the past few seasons. Santana has been great his whole career.

actually, Sabathia has been great his whol career too. He was just on some really bad Indians teams. Had Santana been on the Indians and Sabathia on the playoff Twins teams they have similar numbers. Not to mention the Twins have always had great defense. Im not saying CC is better than Santana, he isnt, but theyre very, very close.

actually, Sabathia has been great his whol career too. He was just on some really bad Indians teams. Had Santana been on the Indians and Sabathia on the playoff Twins teams they have similar numbers. Not to mention the Twins have always had great defense. Im not saying CC is better than Santana, he isnt, but theyre very, very close.

spiltting hairs if you ask me.