SportsWrath

First test of the season

BronxRik

Here we are, on the eve of the Philly/Giants game...one which will clinch the division for the Gmen. I have been banned (self imposed) from gameday threads, and will not break superstition to be here tomorrow.

To me, 11-1 is great (barring the damned Browns game), the 'team' attitude is great....all the things that have happened that beg the question "what superbowl hangover". It's all led to a season nobody could complain about, even with Plax's issues. But tomorrow...tomorrow is the true test of whether our beloved Gmen are 'that' good, or have been leading us along all season. Going back :::cough::: nearly 40 something years as a Giants fan, if they are going to falter at all, this is typically where our boys slip faster than little johnny on a slip & slide in mid July. Put the pressure of something meaningful in front of them and a great season turns into mediocrity. This team has a totally different feel that teams past, and I am hoping they stomp the Egals into the turf. GO GMEN.....prove us hesistant old farts wrong on your way to a repeat superbowl performance. (Oh, and if the football Gods are listening, could you please either make it a Subway superbowl -OR- a Manning bowl. Thanks).

Here we are, on the eve of the Philly/Giants game...one which will clinch the division for the Gmen. I have been banned (self imposed) from gameday threads, and will not break superstition to be here tomorrow.

To me, 11-1 is great (barring the damned Browns game), the 'team' attitude is great....all the things that have happened that beg the question "what superbowl hangover". It's all led to a season nobody could complain about, even with Plax's issues. But tomorrow...tomorrow is the true test of whether our beloved Gmen are 'that' good, or have been leading us along all season. Going back :::cough::: nearly 40 something years as a Giants fan, if they are going to falter at all, this is typically where our boys slip faster than little johnny on a slip & slide in mid July. Put the pressure of something meaningful in front of them and a great season turns into mediocrity. This team has a totally different feel that teams past, and I am hoping they stomp the Egals into the turf. GO GMEN.....prove us hesistant old farts wrong on your way to a repeat superbowl performance. (Oh, and if the football Gods are listening, could you please either make it a Subway superbowl -OR- a Manning bowl. Thanks).

First test of the season????!!!! SMITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh, and god, to quote the famous words of Smokey Robinson........."I Second that Emotion!"

I hear what you're saying, but I think you're over worrying. This team has proved a lot to me this season and becasue of it, I feel pretty confident we go out and handle business...as usual today.

They got ME worried. How the hell can you let your #1 fan just sit in the klink when he was fighting to defend your honor? They left me there....STRANDED! :P

They got ME worried. How the hell can you let your #1 fan just sit in the klink when he was fighting to defend your honor? They left me there....STRANDED! :P

Fear not BB, you are in the comfort of your home today....I think :confused: If you're in NJ, I'm pissed! I wanted to be there.

I hate Christmas! BAH HUMMBUG!!

Fear not BB, you are in the comfort of your home today....I think :confused: If you're in NJ, I'm pissed! I wanted to be there.

I hate Christmas! BAH HUMMBUG!!

I'm home, thank goodness. It always seems like the Philly games are always on TV. I cant remember the last time I left the house to watch a Giants vs Philly game. I like when div games come on, I get extra loud and obnoxious for them, so I like being at home. Remember that buddy of mine who met us going into the stadium? That black dude? Well, he i strying to get me to go to a bar out here that is a Philly fan hang out. I aint going to that. I will DEFINATELY end up in jail again.

And no NJ, the next time I make it back east will be for training camp next year.

I'm home, thank goodness. It always seems like the Philly games are always on TV. I cant remember the last time I left the house to watch a Giants vs Philly game. I like when div games come on, I get extra loud and obnoxious for them, so I like being at home. Remember that buddy of mine who met us going into the stadium? That black dude? Well, he i strying to get me to go to a bar out here that is a Philly fan hang out. I aint going to that. I will DEFINATELY end up in jail again.

And no NJ, the next time I make it back east will be for training camp next year.

I tried inviting an Eagles fan over to my casa today, just so I could rub it in his face when they lose, but he neglected.

I hear what you're saying, but I think you're over worrying. This team has proved a lot to me this season and becasue of it, I feel pretty confident we go out and handle business...as usual today.

What did they Prove to you today? :brooding:

Good call Bronx.

The Eagles beat us but atleast we're still top in the division. Hopefully this is a wake up call again for us and we come out and beat Dallas then ride the loss into the playoffs.

I was hoping to be wrong. I don't know what team that was out there....highest scoring offence in the league, and not one offensive score??? F**K F**K F**K. Then a TD drive in 20 seconds??? Where was that all game??? F**K F**K F**K. Oh well, hopefully the 'boys lose, and we get our shit together by next week. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!