SportsWrath

Yanks throw 140 mil offer at CC

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

6 years, 140 is what I just heard. Talk about setting the bar high. I dont see any team giving him more than that. He if doesnt sign, its because he doesnt want to play for them. And I'll respect that, but I really hope he signs.

of course if he does not we can talk about how a)he is fat, b)had only thrown 200 innings once before the 500 he has thrown in 2007 and 2008 and c)how he never has won 20 games.

I know he is good, but man you have to wonder about the contract motives and his long term durability. He certainly would be great assuming the new stadium is a lefty pitchers park like the old one, but he scares me a bit.

o.k.. let's just say it like this..... is CC better than Santana?? is CC better than Dice-K??? i don't think he's worth that kind of money... i'm a Yank fan. but i'm sick and tired of them always spending crap load of cash on older players. yes they have great stats, but learn from your mistakes (The Unit, Kevin Brown.. to name a few)... why can't they be more like the D-backs and get great guys like Webb or Dan Haren............... stop trying to buy the ring...

o.k.. let's just say it like this..... is CC better than Santana?? is CC better than Dice-K??? i don't think he's worth that kind of money... i'm a Yank fan. but i'm sick and tired of them always spending crap load of cash on older players. yes they have great stats, but learn from your mistakes (The Unit, Kevin Brown.. to name a few)... why can't they be more like the D-backs and get great guys like Webb or Dan Haren............... stop trying to buy the ring...

i don't think he fundamentally is better than those 2 you mentioned but teammates like him- he pitches fast and he's a warrior. frankly, i'd like to see him stay in the NL- he says SF is his first choice but we already have a high paid ace in zito.

"he's a good teammate and his durability is beyond question. He might appear to be a little heavy to mere mortals, but maybe he is simply a mountain of a man. He has made 30 or more starts in seven of his eight Major League seasons, and the one time he didn't, in 2006, he made 28. He strained a muscle on a bitterly cold, damp Opening Night in Chicago at the beginning of that season"

That is lower than what I was hearing they were going to open the bidding on. But then again the 160 probably is what they will go up to to get him.

Bottom line is the Yanks are going to go out and spend all the money they can to get the big name free agents. As a half-paying attention MLB fan I think the Yanks are the perfect example of why a salary cap is important to keep leagues competitive and the way the media is portraying the Yanks this free agency period only reinforces it. All the big names they are going to go after and throw money at for the simple reason that they can.

• 3 weeks later...