SportsWrath

TRUCE...

Guest Floyd The Barber

Guest Floyd The Barber

as a founding member of the FAB 4, i am taking a step forward and raising the white flag...i will tone down my banter for Eli and Joseph...but i will not disapear

Guest Lockhart
It takes a big man, Floyd, to go against one's principals, knowing how right you are. Kudos! :clap:

The Facts have been stated , the table set, and as everything unfolds as we said it would they will see the truth.

as a founding member of the FAB 4, i am taking a step forward and raising the white flag...i will tone down my banter for Eli and Joseph...but i will not disapear

There's really no need for that. But to be honest with you. I'm actually interested in what you have to say on other position. People don't like you becuase you're wrong, people don't like you because you guys keep bring it up. I mean, dam! Don't you have an opinion on other positions...ST, kicker, punter, LB, OL, FB...any?

Plus, some of you guys solutions just doesn't make sense.

There's no way you guys hate Eli that much, can you? C'mon, you can't tell you didn't jump and down in joy when Eli threw that TD to Toomer against Denver.

Guest Floyd The Barber
There's really no need for that. But to be honest with you. I'm actually interested in what you have to say on other position. People don't like you becuase you're wrong, people don't like you because you guys keep bring it up. I mean, dam! Don't you have an opinion on other positions...ST, kicker, punter, LB, OL, FB...any?

There's no way you guys hate Eli that much, can you? C'mon, you can't tell you didn't jump and down in joy when Eli threw that TD to Toomer against Denver.

yes, we did indeed jump up and down...but as logic dictates, we didnt put all of our eggs in one basket...we remained rational...look what happened during our playoff appearance...looked what happened to our passing attack the final 8 weeks...

there are intangiables that Eli lacks that worries the hell out of me and i fear many cant see beyond his name...i love my Giants to dearly, and there are players reaching the twi-lights of there careers that do not deserve to sit around and wait for the Eli - Experiment to pay dividends...if it ever does...we are, with a few additional defensive acquisitions built to win now...the question mark is QB...i dont think the kid has the stones to carry his unit...

Guest Nutty Sack

You know what. The Fab Four doesn't hate Eli, you guys got it all wrong. He's probably a very nice young man. Unfortunately he has been cast into a place on stage that he doesn't have the skills to perform. That is our only point. Any blame should be placed on EA and his scouts for choosing him and paying such a heavy price that will be an anchor on the team for the foreseeable future.

yes, we did indeed jump up and down...but as logic dictates, we didnt put all of our eggs in one basket...we remained rational...look what happened during our playoff appearance...looked what happened to our passing attack the final 8 weeks...

there are intangiables that Eli lacks that worries the hell out of me and i fear many cant see beyond his name...i love my Giants to dearly, and there are players reaching the twi-lights of there careers that do not deserve to sit around and wait for the Eli - Experiment to pay dividends...if it ever does...we are, with a few additional defensive acquisitions built to win now...the question mark is QB...i dont think the kid has the stones to carry his unit...

Okay Floyd, Manning did not have the best second half of the season. I think almost everyone can admit to that one. He is a second year QB and was his first full season starting. That is where I will give him a break. We will see next year. Give him a chance and if things go wrong next year, then you can bitch and you guys will not be the only one. We are all here all open to giving him a chance. Yes, we are lucky to have had Tiki Barber too. If it was not for him, who knows where we would have been. I think it is only fair to give him a chance. Look at Carson Palmer his first year playing (2004). He played a total of 13 games. He threw for 2897 yards and had 18TD's but also had 18 interceptions. Palmer did have a better completion percentage and that is what Eli has to work on. There is a lot he has to work on. In Palmer's first year he only had a slightly better passing rating than Manning which came only to 1.4 difference. I am not saying he is going to be good as Palmer either. You just don't know, he can be better or just not as good. I agree, Mannings mechanics sucked at the end of the year and he was always throwing off his back foot. Again, something he needs to work on. He also had some terrible throws. The playoff game was a disaster, but it was not all his fault. We could not get the running game going and they were blitzing all over the place. I am willing to give him more time to develop.

But you can honestly make a fair assesment of him this early in his career? Brett Farve was traded because though the falcons he didn't have the guts and smarts to be QB in the NFL. Hell, it took him 5 years to become a decent NFL QB. Do you want me to go in detail on S. Young career? I'm sorry, but I don't recall J. Montana and J. Elway being great early in their careers.

But you can honestly make a fair assesment of him this early in his career? Brett Farve was traded because though the falcons he didn't have the guts and smarts to be QB in the NFL. Hell, it took him 5 years to become a decent NFL QB. Do you want me to go in detail on S. Young career? I'm sorry, but I don't recall J. Montana and J. Elway being great early in their careers.

I feel like I'm living out the movie Groundhog Day. This could be 6 months ago on Giants.com.

Booooring!

Guest Floyd The Barber
I feel like I'm living out the movie Groundhog Day. This could be 6 months ago on Giants.com.

Booooring!

here's a quarter !!!

Guest Floyd The Barber
Okay Floyd, Manning did not have the best second half of the season. I think almost everyone can admit to that one. He is a second year QB and was his first full season starting. That is where I will give him a break. We will see next year. Give him a chance and if things go wrong next year, then you can bitch and you guys will not be the only one. We are all here all open to giving him a chance. Yes, we are lucky to have had Tiki Barber too. If it was not for him, who knows where we would have been. I think it is only fair to give him a chance. Look at Carson Palmer his first year playing (2004). He played a total of 13 games. He threw for 2897 yards and had 18TD's but also had 18 interceptions. Palmer did have a better completion percentage and that is what Eli has to work on. There is a lot he has to work on. In Palmer's first year he only had a slightly better passing rating than Manning which came only to 1.4 difference. I am not saying he is going to be good as Palmer either. You just don't know, he can be better or just not as good. I agree, Mannings mechanics sucked at the end of the year and he was always throwing off his back foot. Again, something he needs to work on. He also had some terrible throws. The playoff game was a disaster, but it was not all his fault. We could not get the running game going and they were blitzing all over the place. I am willing to give him more time to develop.

i appreciate this well thought out post...i will definately respond to it, but tomorrow...for now, i have a conference call to make with John Mara and 3 other unnamed owners...

Guest Nutty Sack

All your examples are very true.....yes a QB needs time to develop,some longer than others. But let me ask you. Do you root for the Giants to go to the Super Bowl every year like I do ?? Or would you rather have all the other pieces in place and play a QB who has not developed yet at that cost ?? Just because he was drafted number one and a kings ransom was paid for him should he start at the cost of the rest of the team.

The Fab Four is saying we want to win now. Bring in an established QB who can do the job and let Eli spend his five years watching like some of those previously mentioned. Why ?? Because he certainly doesn't have what it takes to win now!!

i appreciate this well thought out post...i will definately respond to it, but tomorrow...for now, i have a conference call to make with John Mara and 3 other unnamed owners...

You have quite the imagination Barney. Probably more along the lines of a game of grab ass with lockhart, nosebleed and nutty. Have fun.

No truce. This is one of your phony schemes, and it won't fool me. Nice try.

Guest Floyd The Barber
No truce. This is one of your phony schemes, and it won't fool me. Nice try.

this is not a phony scheme, but a peace offering...i will not go away, nor will i change my theme...I am a GIANT fan first and foremost...we are built to win now give or take a few missing pieces...if we had the confidence entering 2006 that our franchise was guided by a strong backed QB and we were stout up front on our defensive line, i would put all my chips to the middle and declare a deep deep playoff run...

these are the 2 big question marks ending the 2005 season, begining the 2006 season...

isnt this what FO's are for and free agency periods are designed to stregthen weaknesses ?? our GM is yet again asleep at the wheel assembling a team of 30 DB's and 23 other players...

To Floyd and his cohorts, I ask, what was your realistic prediction for the Giants going into last season? You're complaining that the team was built to win now but is being held back by a QB who's not ready. We didn't have a winning record for several seasons prior to the '05 campaign. We finished the season as the #4 scoring offense. We won the NFC East. We did this with a second year QB! Granted his play down the stretch faded but how can any of this upset you when compared to the team's performance the previous 3 years? How many second year QB's have perfomed as well as Eli? Not many. And before you start trumpeting Roethlisberger's name I suggest you look at the overall strength of the team he went to compared tot he Giants roster. For a few guys who supposedly endores "rational" thought, and flame everybody for their optimism, I ask you, what was your expectation going into last year? Because I don't see how anybody could've rationally expected the Giants to go to the Super Bowl during the preseason. I think it's a struggle to say they were going to win the division.

I really don't have a problem with dissenting opinions. I don't expect everybody to agree or even get along. But you guys sound like a broken record with the Eli, Joseph and Accorsi bashing. It's old. As Nemesis suggested, offer up a credible solution from time to time instead of just whining. Also, do me a favor, for as much as you pat yourselves on the back with all your predictions that supposedly come true, how 'bout putting them on the record before they occur? I hear a lot of yapping about how right you are all the time but I never recall you making these predictions months in advance. I'm not saying you don't because maybe I'm just missing them, but try to make a concerted effort to go on record BEFORE things play out. As the season approaches everybody typically makes predictions. I'd be interested in hearing yours, not just why everyone elses is wrong. I've got no problem with somebody patting themselves on the back but you guys seem to do an awful lot of it after the fact.

I will go on record that if the Giants resolve their DT problem

through FA and we land a very goog rookie LB the 2006 could

be a possible Super Bowl Year.

I believe Eli will improve from last year and as long as the

Defense improved from the signings this year this team

does have the potential to go all the way!!!

I like the veteran leadership that has been aquired on D along with

with Pierce, Strahan and OSi.

The balance is there between young guys and

veterans and playmakers. It all hinges on DT and LB position right now.

In the weeks ahead can NY upgrade DT and LB? If they can than we will

have a team that is balanced on both sides of the ball with depth.

2 more positions will make all the difference!!

:rock:

:chair::puke:

To Floyd and his cohorts, I ask, what was your realistic prediction for the Giants going into last season? You're complaining that the team was built to win now but is being held back by a QB who's not ready. We didn't have a winning record for several seasons prior to the '05 campaign. We finished the season as the #4 scoring offense. We won the NFC East. We did this with a second year QB! Granted his play down the stretch faded but how can any of this upset you when compared to the team's performance the previous 3 years? How many second year QB's have perfomed as well as Eli? Not many. And before you start trumpeting Roethlisberger's name I suggest you look at the overall strength of the team he went to compared tot he Giants roster. For a few guys who supposedly endores "rational" thought, and flame everybody for their optimism, I ask you, what was your expectation going into last year? Because I don't see how anybody could've rationally expected the Giants to go to the Super Bowl during the preseason. I think it's a struggle to say they were going to win the division.

I really don't have a problem with dissenting opinions. I don't expect everybody to agree or even get along. But you guys sound like a broken record with the Eli, Joseph and Accorsi bashing. It's old. As Nemesis suggested, offer up a credible solution from time to time instead of just whining. Also, do me a favor, for as much as you pat yourselves on the back with all your predictions that supposedly come true, how 'bout putting them on the record before they occur? I hear a lot of yapping about how right you are all the time but I never recall you making these predictions months in advance. I'm not saying you don't because maybe I'm just missing them, but try to make a concerted effort to go on record BEFORE things play out. As the season approaches everybody typically makes predictions. I'd be interested in hearing yours, not just why everyone elses is wrong. I've got no problem with somebody patting themselves on the back but you guys seem to do an awful lot of it after the fact.

see the problem is this has all been said before....

COUNTLESS TIMES....

see the problem is this has all been said before....

COUNTLESS TIMES....

Don't we know it. I too have fallen victim to trying to reason with these people. I asked questions about what they were saying, I showed in a civilized manner that what they were saying wasn't correct, I've tried to reason with them but I learned the hard way that they are not here to discuss the Giants. They are here to try to enrage their fans and nothing more. I've seen countless people come and go and try to speak them or reason with them only to be ignored. It happens over and over again.

Don't we know it. I too have fallen victim to trying to reason with these people. I asked questions about what they were saying, I showed in a civilized manner that what they were saying wasn't correct, I've tried to reason with them but I learned the hard way that they are not here to discuss the Giants. They are here to try to enrage their fans and nothing more. I've seen countless people come and go and try to speak them or reason with them only to be ignored. It happens over and over again.

True, but if Floyd is genuine in his "truce" appeals, maybe he and his cronies will be genuine in their commentary moving forward.

If not, then I'll continue to consider their posts as inflammatory space fillers. I'd suggest you do the same. It's pretty obvious when someone is trying to bait you. But too many posters fall victim to the game and get caught up in it. If you don't like what they have to say, don't read their posts and don't respond to their remarks. It's just that simple.