SportsWrath

Giants name captians.

BlueInCanada

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - The Giants players have elected five team captains for the 2008 season, including three who holdovers from last year.

The captains are quarterback Eli Manning and wide receiver Amani Toomer from the offense, middle linebacker Antonio Pierce and tackle Fred Robbins from the defense and punter Jeff Feagles representing the special teams.

Manning, Pierce and Feagles were also captains in 2007. Toomer has replaced Shaun O�Hara on offense, while Robbins replaces the retired Michael Strahan on defense.

http://www.giants.com/news/headlines/story...?story_id=28352

Hmm I wonder why they replaced O'Hara. Not that Toomer doesn't deserve it and he has certainly earned it.

And Fred Robbins seems a bit odd of a choice, but I guess he is the guy the defense looks up to.

Could be a courtesy type deal with Toomer. O Hara maybe donated the role to him as way of showing respect.

Hmm I wonder why they replaced O'Hara. Not that Toomer doesn't deserve it and he has certainly earned it.

And Fred Robbins seems a bit odd of a choice, but I guess he is the guy the defense looks up to.

He's a big dude. No one is gonna talk back to him.