SportsWrath

Yankees working on a deal to get Jarrod Washburn

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Just saw a report on the ESPN news ticker that the Yanks are working on a deal to bring Washburn to the Bronx. I love this move. Out of Burnett, Arroyo and Washburn, I wanted Wash the most because he's a lefty. Pettite, Wash, Joba and if Wang comes back sounds like a great staff to me.

Guest StrahansGap

Hope the link works. It's from espn.go.com:ESPN

This is a salary dump for the Mariners....which makes it a great deal for the bombers.

This weeks meetings in Tampa

Hank "well Brian what is your plan?"

Cashman "to go with the kids"

Hanks "to hell with the kids, your job is on the line"

Cashman "we will have Marte, Nady and Washburn by Sunday boss".

Guest StrahansGap
This weeks meetings in Tampa

Hank "well Brian what is your plan?"

Cashman "to go with the kids"

Hanks "to hell with the kids, your job is on the line"

Cashman "we will have Marte, Nady and Washburn by Sunday boss".

Last months meeting in Queens:

Fred: "Well Omar what's your plan?"

Omar: "to fire Willie"

Fred: "When?"

Omar: "In the middle of the night while he still thinks he is the coach when we go to the west coast"

Fred: "OK. Sounds good to me"

At least the Yanks have class. I don't want to hear any bullshit from you Mets fans. YOU are the ones who got Santana, right? When all is said and done, we will have picked up 3 quality players.....giving up NOBODY! Or is it the thunder we're stealing with our winning streak that's making you bitter?

Omar: "In the middle of the night while he still thinks he is the coach when we go to the west coast"

At least the Yanks have class. I don't want to hear any bullshit from you Mets fans. YOU are the ones who got Santana, right? When all is said and done, we will have picked up 3 quality players.....giving up NOBODY! Or is it the thunder we're stealing with our winning streak that's making you bitter?

Dude chill out, it was a joke about how the Yankees changed their Cashman initiated plan to not trade young players and pick up salary. Relax.

BTW Hoss, check out what the players that the Mets gave up for Santana are doing, they did not give up anyone of grave significne either.

Yanks have class huh? So I guess offering the immortal Joe Torre an incentive laden deal after 12 years of unparalled success is class?

I will refrain from trying to add a little humor to your thread and allow you to go back and be the only one replying to your stuff, which btw brings nothing to the table.

Just saw a report on the ESPN news ticker that the Yanks are working on a deal to bring Washburn to the Bronx. I love this move. Out of Burnett, Arroyo and Washburn, I wanted Wash the most because he's a lefty. Pettite, Wash, Joba and if Wang comes back sounds like a great staff to me.

Washburn ERA the last 3 yrs. 4.67-4.32-4.75 Are you sure you want him?

Guest StrahansGap
Dude chill out, it was a joke about how the Yankees changed their Cashman initiated plan to not trade young players and pick up salary. Relax.

BTW Hoss, check out what the players that the Mets gave up for Santana are doing, they did not give up anyone of grave significne either.

Yanks have class huh? So I guess offering the immortal Joe Torre an incentive laden deal after 12 years of unparalled success is class?

I will refrain from trying to add a little humor to your thread and allow you to go back and be the only one replying to your stuff, which btw brings nothing to the table.

Yeah sorry! I wrote that after a bad phone call and you were the unlucky recipient of my anger. Seriously though, it was time for Joe to go..the Yanks had to get rid of him. Were there any other options on how to get rid of him? If he was fired without getting offered something it would have been a lot worse.

11pm after a game is the middle of the night?

At least the Yanks have class.

:LMAO:

Yeah sorry! I wrote that after a bad phone call and you were the unlucky recipient of my anger. Seriously though, it was time for Joe to go..the Yanks had to get rid of him. Were there any other options on how to get rid of him? If he was fired without getting offered something it would have been a lot worse.

Its all good man, I really was just kidding and for what its worth think that all these deals are great and benefit the Yankees greatly ;)

I must say though, Cashman being so adamant about rebuilding and now making deals like they have no made at the deadline in years makes me wonder if he knows his ass is next in line.

Yes you are correct Joe had to go, but in terms of class, it was not. Nontheless you are right, just as the Mets were right that Joe Jr. aka Willie had to go.

I have a feeling the Yanks will end up with Gerald laird before it's over with, we have too many cathers that can play in the majors right now, and Gerald is the most expendable.

I always liked Gerald, but his bat at times killed me, still, you don't run on him.

I have a feeling the Yanks will end up with Gerald laird before it's over with, we have too many cathers that can play in the majors right now, and Gerald is the most expendable.

I always liked Gerald, but his bat at times killed me, still, you don't run on him.

I would love to have Laird, but looks like they're trying to get Benji Molina here. So we can pretend we're the Angels of 2002 with Washburn and the Molinas.

I would love to have Laird, but looks like they're trying to get Benji Molina here. So we can pretend we're the Angels of 2002 with Washburn and the Molinas.

The prospect of losing him does worry me a little, we basically have 3 guys who have not proven themselves, it'd be nice to be able to keep him around as an insurance policy. But we're not winning anything this year, so trade him and try to get a major league ready arm.

I just hope Daniels doesn't get the idea in his head to trade Hank, his value is low as shit and he's still a big bat in the middle of the lineup, just a rough couple years with injuries.

He'd definitely be a big help. Trouble is, it would probably cost us a hitter, and we don't have any to give.

Or maybe they'll take Nady.

prospects is what it would cost. molina is a money hitter but he sure does gum up the bases- he turns triples into singles- and you always have to start runners with him at bat. average behind the plate.

prospects is what it would cost. molina is a money hitter but he sure does gum up the bases- he turns triples into singles- and you always have to start runners with him at bat. average behind the plate.

You think he's average? I think he's one of the best around, and excellent with pitchers. In LA, he won the job over bro Jose, and I'll take Jose on my team any day.

You think he's average? I think he's one of the best around, and excellent with pitchers. In LA, he won the job over bro Jose, and I'll take Jose on my team any day.

i think he puts the #1 down way too often. giants have more 2 strike hits against than any other team. yes, you have to blame pitchers but they're young and don't shake off much. they also throw a lot of pitches with him there for some reason.

move to second is good and good hands. below average at blocking plate and put outs at home.