SportsWrath

Jonathan Papelbon is a D-Bag!

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Told myself (and you guys) that I don't care about baseball as much as I used too...mainly because I'm still on cloud 9 from the Super Bowl and I still feel that way. But, can someone tell Papelbon to STFU? This guy thinks he's paid his dues already...he hasn't. I look at him like I look at the new rookies that come into my precinct and think they are better cops than the guys with 15+ years on. Hey Jonathan...you will NEVER be the closer Mariano was, so stop your cunty complaining! You have to agree with me a little bit, Mckeef.

geez, k-rod's comment was even worse "just look who has the most saves". dude is also to demanding to be paid as much as rivera. i think he's being way more disrespectful to mo than papelbon

Told myself (and you guys) that I don't care about baseball as much as I used too...mainly because I'm still on cloud 9 from the Super Bowl and I still feel that way. But, can someone tell Papelbon to STFU? This guy thinks he's paid his dues already...he hasn't. I look at him like I look at the new rookies that come into my precinct and think they are better cops than the guys with 15+ years on. Hey Jonathan...you will NEVER be the closer Mariano was, so stop your cunty complaining! You have to agree with me a little bit, Mckeef.

Its funny some say the same thing about Joba....................

Guest StrahansGap
Where do you get the basis to compare Joba with Papelbon?

Joba's got respect for his elders....papelcunt doesn't. There is nothing wrong with showing some emotion on the mound. There is something wrong with opening your big fucking mouth though.

geez, k-rod's comment was even worse "just look who has the most saves". dude is also to demanding to be paid as much as rivera. i think he's being way more disrespectful to mo than papelbon

K-"Fraud" is filing for free agency after this season... Any guesses who he ends up with? :ph34r:

I think his point was Joba is a little theatrical on the mound and a lot of the old timers were critical of the way he's acted. Not that much unlike Pap's criticism by Yankee fans

Thank you VG, at least some people pay attention. Joba has respect for his elders? LMAO, is that why he pumps his fist after every big K in the 6th inning? Just like Papelbon does. I guess since Joba is a Yankee though its ok. Goose Gossage, you know the guy Yankee fans cheered non stop last night he criticized Joba for this in a HUGE WAY.

Why is Papelbon such a jerk? Because he says he "wanted" to close. Read todays Daily News, he was disgusted by the article. He never said he "should" close he said he "wanted" to. Yeah there is a real douche bag of a player, guy wants to do his job. Papelbon is a dick for other reasons, not because he wants to close and be the guy to do the job.

Papelbon is an ass for his mound theatrics from time to time, not for this. for what its worth its noble that he has the desire to be the one to do the job.

And for those of you that have not heard the stuff said about JOba, listen to WFAN one day after one of his 5th inning 2 men on k's of the #8 hitter where he pumps his fist and does that little leg kick.

I dont care if Papledoosh pumps his fist after an IMPORTANT out, it's his cock sucking ball slobbering look he has when he's looking in the batter.

He does that to make the hitter visualize getting a long, slow one and lose concentration. It's called strategy.

But yah, xxi is right, this was the media, no matter what the city, blowing a single sentence out of an entire press conference out of proportion. He complimented Mariano multiple times during the interview and even called him the godfather of closers or something of the like. The comments were simply that he said he wanted to close because he's competitive. What closer wouldn't? What if George Sherrill had said he wanted to close?

Yankees fans are just looking for things to get riled up about other than looking at the win columns.

He does that to make the hitter visualize getting a long, slow one and lose concentration. It's called strategy.

But yah, xxi is right, this was the media, no matter what the city, blowing a single sentence out of an entire press conference out of proportion. He complimented Mariano multiple times during the interview and even called him the godfather of closers or something of the like. The comments were simply that he said he wanted to close because he's competitive. What closer wouldn't? What if George Sherrill had said he wanted to close?

Yankees fans are just looking for things to get riled up about other than looking at the win columns.

Yeah, and Boston fans never do that. Please.

yeah the truth is the media blew it up cuz he wears a red sox uniform. what k-rod said was way worse and the media didn't care

Yeah, and Boston fans never do that. Please.

Exactly, because Sox fans and Yankee fans will never let this rivalry die. For every sportscaster who complains about the rivalry being overrated, there's a crazed Yankee fan driving drunk into a crowd of Sox fans or a Red Sox fan beating a Yankee fan with a baseball bat in front of his family.

It's in our blood...The entire New England area plus New York and New Jersey. But by the way, you can have Connecticut. I have no real love for them.

Sorry, but I was down in South Carolina (Isle of Palms- great place :TU: ) for the week with no computer, and just got back.

I did follow this whole situation on ESPN during the week. First off, let me say that this is not the first time Papelbon has mentioned himself in the same breath as Mo, and I do think he's way off base. Yes, he's won a WS without allowing a run in the post-season, and yes, he is one of the dominant closers in the game. But his comments come off as very self-serving and NYC is not exactly the place where you want to be spouting something like this, especially with the way Mo has pitched this year. I mean, not only is he an All-Star yet again, and not only is the game being played in Yankee Stadium, but Mo has been the best closer in the game this year, period, and deserved to close. Also, the way Papelbon has pitched lately, he should just keep his mouth shut and work on developing something other than a fastball.

Having said that, there's another side to this coin, as well. I was all for Yankee fans booing Francona and the Sox, even though they were on the same team for the night. I thought that was pretty funny, and appropriate considering the rivalry. However, they're clearly bitter over the way things have gone lately and were obviously looking for someone to vent their rage at. Yankee fans love to dish it out when things are going well, but they have a hard time controllling their frustration when it's not. Anybody who has rooted for another team in Yankee Stadium over the last few years can tell you that. Obviously, the blown save wasn't Papelbon's fault, but they treated it like he came in, walked two guys, then gave up a three run bomb. Like somehow they were justified in threatening him and his pregnant wife during the parade because he blew a save. I mean, it is still just baseball, folks. The guy didn't assault your mom or anything like that. Regardless, I know there are knuckleheads running around Fenway, too. But this really seemed to be a mass demonstration of ignorance on the part of Yankee fans.