SportsWrath

Giants Playoff games on DVD

KillSmackPapa

I've seen it on NFL.com. But I think you can also buy it on amazon. I'm hoping would also release the game in HDDVD or BlueRay, but it doesn't seem like it.

The New York Giants Road to XLII post-season collector's edition DVD includes the complete network broadcast of Super Bowl® XLII along with both playoff victories of the 2008 Super Bowl® winner. It's the most-watched single annual event in television, and a must for any serious fan of the winning team.

Nem do you have this and can confirm it has all 3 games or is that "both" mean only two of the games?

Isn't there going to be a full playoff run on DVD, in July, being released? Also get an up converting DVD player and it's almost the same as Blu-Ray. It's why Blu-Ray isn't doing very well.

It's out June 3rd.

Isn't there going to be a full playoff run on DVD, in July, being released? Also get an up converting DVD player and it's almost the same as Blu-Ray. It's why Blu-Ray isn't doing very well.

I have both and have to dissagree with you. Blu Ray is way better IMO.

That is neither here nor there though. I will buy it either way but I can't find anything but the season recap.

Blu Ray has seemingly won that battle as Dreamworks does there stiff in Blueray

Check out this article link

"If you bought an HD DVD player, you pretty much made a wrong choice and you have to eat it," said Dan Ackerman, senior editor at CNET.com, which provides tech news, reviews and information for consumers.

He said that if Toshiba and Sony had been able to come to a consensus on the next-generation DVD format, consumers would have been the big winner.

Although HD DVD might have had a slight edge in price, there was little difference in picture quality, according to reviewers.

Both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs were developed as the successor to the DVD format, and both were designed for high-definition video. Blu-ray, which has more storage capacity, got its name because it uses a blue laser to scan its discs rather than the red laser used to scan DVDs.

Because neither company would give an inch, Ackerman said, consumers who bet their money on Toshiba were left out in the cold. The big winners were the gamers who purchased Sony's PlayStation 3, which also is a Blu-ray player.

"Now, there are still a handful of HD DVD movies trickling out, but those are going to be coming to a halt soon as well," Ackerman said.

In the meantime, outlets such as Circuit City, Best Buy and Amazon.com are slashing prices up to 60 percent on their current stock of HD DVDs and players. That's all to make

Blu Ray has seemingly won that battle as Dreamworks does there stiff in Blueray

Check out this article link

"If you bought an HD DVD player, you pretty much made a wrong choice and you have to eat it," said Dan Ackerman, senior editor at CNET.com, which provides tech news, reviews and information for consumers.

He said that if Toshiba and Sony had been able to come to a consensus on the next-generation DVD format, consumers would have been the big winner.

Although HD DVD might have had a slight edge in price, there was little difference in picture quality, according to reviewers.

Both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs were developed as the successor to the DVD format, and both were designed for high-definition video. Blu-ray, which has more storage capacity, got its name because it uses a blue laser to scan its discs rather than the red laser used to scan DVDs.

Because neither company would give an inch, Ackerman said, consumers who bet their money on Toshiba were left out in the cold. The big winners were the gamers who purchased Sony's PlayStation 3, which also is a Blu-ray player.

"Now, there are still a handful of HD DVD movies trickling out, but those are going to be coming to a halt soon as well," Ackerman said.

In the meantime, outlets such as Circuit City, Best Buy and Amazon.com are slashing prices up to 60 percent on their current stock of HD DVDs and players. That's all to make

I am well aware of HD-DVD being canned by Toshiba but before this HD-DVD and Blu-Ray sales combined just started outselling VHS (that's right VHS) a few months ago. Neither is doing that well because most people find up conversion (if you have a decent up converter) just as good and who wants to start buying all their movies again. Many people feel that neither side was going to win this anyway and that VOD will be the next big thing. It's too bad that HD-DVD lost because BR will be DRMed out the ying yang. A player that needs to be hooked up to the Internet to get it's cycling key and needs HDCP isn't what I want. This is the same Sony that put a root kit on it's CDs.

I am well aware of HD-DVD being canned by Toshiba but before this HD-DVD and Blu-Ray sales combined just started outselling VHS (that's right VHS) a few months ago. Neither is doing that well because most people find up conversion (if you have a decent up converter) just as good and who wants to start buying all their movies again. Many people feel that neither side was going to win this anyway and that VOD will be the next big thing. It's too bad that HD-DVD lost because BR will be DRMed out the ying yang. A player that needs to be hooked up to the Internet to get it's cycling key and needs HDCP isn't what I want. This is the same Sony that put a root kit on it's CDs.

From what I understand the BluRay Player upconverts the non HD movies for you.

From what I understand the BluRay Player up converts the non HD movies for you.

At $300 a player. I am trying to get a HD-DVD XA2 on eBay but the fuckers still go for $250+. Apparently it is one of the best up converts ever made.

At $300 a player. I am trying to get a HD-DVD XA2 on eBay but the fuckers still go for $250+. Apparently it is one of the best up converts ever made.

Yeah, but I think I saw a blueray player for 350.

There had never been a playoff run quite like it. Relive the five games leading to the New York Giants historic Super Bowl XLII win over the previously undefeated New England Patriots. After being written off early in the season, the NY Giants staged a remarkable comeback, making the playoffs with a 10-6 record. But it was down the stretch when things really came together. Eli Manning charged from behind his brother’s shadow and became the consistent leader the team had been waiting for. The defensive line was an unstoppable force, led by Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora. And behind head coach Tom Coughlin, the Giants did what no one thought they could-they became World Champions.

614 Minutes

5 DVDS

Includes full games of Season ending game vs. the Patriots, Playoff games against the Buccaneers, Cowboys and Packers, Plus the entire Super Bowl XLII game.

Available June 3, 2008

I gues this answers most of out questions