SportsWrath

How are some of you anti-Toomer at this point?

BurnThePhilFans

Some people have been calling for the young guys to start. I don't understand this. Toomer at one point in his career was the most underrated wideout in the game and continues to be overlooked for what he brings to the field. He is probably the best sideline receiver in the NFL and seems to magically hit those toes to the turf multiple times a year. He is our best third down receiver and a great route runner. Sure, he is not going to put up those 1300 yard seasons anymore, but that is because our offense is no longer one dimensional (as it was for many of his years). Why are some of you calling for a reliable wideout with great awareness to sit on the bench?

Some people have been calling for the young guys to start. I don't understand this. Toomer at one point in his career was the most underrated wideout in the game and continues to be overlooked for what he brings to the field. He is probably the best sideline receiver in the NFL and seems to magically hit those toes to the turf multiple times a year. He is our best third down receiver and a great route runner. Sure, he is not going to put up those 1300 yard seasons anymore, but that is because our offense is no longer one dimensional (as it was for many of his years). Why are some of you calling for a reliable wideout with great awareness to sit on the bench?
Nobody is saying bad things about Mr, Toomer and his talents. However, why don't you face the facts that he is not very young and cannot play forever. Someday, someone must replace him and that person could be one of the new receivers.

Nobody is saying bad things about Mr, Toomer and his talents. However, why don't you face the facts that he is not very young and cannot play forever. Someday, someone must replace him and that person could be one of the new receivers.

I dont think he ever said anything about Toomer playing forever, we all know careers end. But I recall after some games hearing the whole "Oh Toomer is to old, lets draft some kid to replace him" I haven't heard any of it recently, but there have been talks of it. Toomer has been and continues to be great for us and when he does retire I'm sure Steve Smith could step up into the number 2 spot easily.

I've been on this board since it's conception and I don't ever recall anyone knocking Toomer. He had a few dropped passes last year, but he more than made up for them with unbelievable catches....especially the ones where he drags his toes just inside the line before flying out of bounds.

Not only do we like him as an athlete, but he's a great person all around and is great in the locker room and will mentor the youngsters like a caring father.

We love him. Don't know where you got your information.

I'm kind of hoping we move him to the slot so he can Wes Welker people all day...run 10 yards turn around, catch the ball and fall down. Sure he wouldnt be a burner which slot WRs normally are...but it would get Smith on the field all the time and Toomer would be our possession guy.

I'm kind of hoping we move him to the slot so he can Wes Welker people all day...run 10 yards turn around, catch the ball and fall down. Sure he wouldnt be a burner which slot WRs normally are...but it would get Smith on the field all the time and Toomer would be our possession guy.

You mean, "Keyshawn" people all day. Welker doesnt just fall down, he gets alot of YAC'S.

Yeah, like Bleedin and others have stated, I dont know where this came from. Did you not see Ggirl and myself in our little love fest for Mr. Toomer a while back? :P I mean, we worship the guy on this board. And I for one am not worried when he needs to step down, cause I believe Mr. Smith will fill his shoes perfectly.

Love Toomer here. But not grooming WRs for when his contract/career ends would just be foolish. Even if you think Smith is going to replace Toomer, where are we with the 3rd WR? Moss? He might still be OK, but he hasn't shown much at all yet.

I really like Tyree as well--he seems to always make the clutch catch. But as a full-time 3rd, he did very little.

Love Toomer here. But not grooming WRs for when his contract/career ends would just be foolish. Even if you think Smith is going to replace Toomer, where are we with the 3rd WR? Moss? He might still be OK, but he hasn't shown much at all yet.

I really like Tyree as well--he seems to always make the clutch catch. But as a full-time 3rd, he did very little.

Well, I'm thinking Moss is gonna see return duties or be shown the door. But I have always loved the idea of Tyree being the 3rd receiver. the reason he's done very little in that role is because of his time on Sp. teams. But if given the opportunity, I think he would shine. I'm hoping Super Mario pans out. Ive also got high hopes for Michael Jennings. But you are correct in that we need to groom at least one more receiver.

I don't know who's been saying bad things about Toomer. He's a solid WR and a great person. His sideline cathes are thanks to him taking Yoga classes in the past few years. I think in 2002 hi slimmed down a great deal and took yoga classes to improve his flexibility.

How do I know this? He told me. (I'm not kidding.. he did tell me)

I've been on this board since it's conception and I don't ever recall anyone knocking Toomer. He had a few dropped passes last year, but he more than made up for them with unbelievable catches....especially the ones where he drags his toes just inside the line before flying out of bounds.

Not only do we like him as an athlete, but he's a great person all around and is great in the locker room and will mentor the youngsters like a caring father.

We love him. Don't know where you got your information.

You said it best, BB. Toomer is a Great Person and we love him.

You mean, "Keyshawn" people all day. Welker doesnt just fall down, he gets alot of YAC'S.

No, naw, I meant Wes Welker people all day. 10.5 yards per catch style. Similar to Wes Welker who also gets 10.5 YPC. Yah, that's the one I was thinking of.

:rolleyes:

No, naw, I meant Wes Welker people all day. 10.5 yards per catch style. Similar to Wes Welker who also gets 10.5 YPC. Yah, that's the one I was thinking of.

:rolleyes:

OK, thats exactly what Keyshwan did. But i get ya now. Yes, that would be nice. :)

Yah, same thing. I feel every team needs that guy that can line up in the slot, go over the middle for 8-12 yards, sit in a spot and get the quick strike to get us the first down. It worked wonders for the Patriots, Welker was a first down machine. Welker prolly is more mobile than Amani but as shown in the Dallas playoff game, Amani still has that breakaway speed and elusive ability. He just prolly wont beat many corners deep...

I think he'd be perfect for it.

Yah, same thing. I feel every team needs that guy that can line up in the slot, go over the middle for 8-12 yards, sit in a spot and get the quick strike to get us the first down. It worked wonders for the Patriots, Welker was a first down machine. Welker prolly is more mobile than Amani but as shown in the Dallas playoff game, Amani still has that breakaway speed and elusive ability. He just prolly wont beat many corners deep...

I think he'd be perfect for it.

Yeah true. Thats what confused me in your post, because Wes does have great breakaway speed and he breaks quite a few. But having a sure possesion rec. is key. I'm starting to think Smith will be that guy.