SportsWrath

Glazer says Shockey deal still on table

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

From rotoworld.com:

FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer says a Jeremy Shockey deal is still on the table, while ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the talks have hit a snag.

The temporary stalemate involves the Giants' demand of S Roman Harper, but the deal still on the table would give the Giants a sixth rounder this year or a fifth rounder in 2009. Glazer's report is from Saturday morning, so should be more current. It sounds like both parties want a deal, so look for Shockey to get dealt. Apr. 26 - 9:10 am et.

It sounds to me like Skockey wants out. I wouldn't do it unless Harper was in on the deal. If so, the Saints can take that injury plagued cry baby!

A second and fifth this year would be sweet.

A second and Harper would be even better, but I don't see that happening.

I might do a fifth and Harper.

Agreed. Unfortunetaly we might not find out if it happens for awhile.

I'm still not going to get rid of my signed Shockey picture catching

that ball over Dawkins. I still love that play.

Same...I'm gonna miss Shockey. No matter how this ends he's always been one of the most exciting players to ever play for the Gmen. His intensity and love for the game truly shows and hopefully he has success elsewhere if he in fact is no longer a Giant at the end of today.

That said, hopefully with no distractions for Eli, he can focus on getting Plaxico the ball more now and potentially, our other wide receivers, the young guys like Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss, have a chance to step up and fill in for Shockey's production.

Same...I'm gonna miss Shockey. No matter how this ends he's always been one of the most exciting players to ever play for the Gmen. His intensity and love for the game truly shows and hopefully he has success elsewhere if he in fact is no longer a Giant at the end of today.

That said, hopefully with no distractions for Eli, he can focus on getting Plaxico the ball more now and potentially, our other wide receivers, the young guys like Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss, have a chance to step up and fill in for Shockey's production.

Very well put, I hate to see Shockey go, truely i do (and this opf course is IF he goes), but trading him may end up being the best for both the team and Shock. I just hope we never have to face him in an important game.

yah, thats what i'm dreading...seeing him on the opposite side of the field!

I'm gonna look at it like this...All Oakland got for Pro Bowler Randy Moss was a 4th round pick...at least it seems we're gonna get at least a 2nd round pick for Jeremy and there's no way Shockey breaks the record for TDs no matter where he plays...