SportsWrath

Reese Holds Press Conference

BleedinBlue

I'm a huge shockey fan, and will be no matter where he plays, but right about now I just can't say we are a better team with him on it.

I think we are. I think we would have blown out GB if he was on the team and won by 10 against the patriots. But we'll never know that for sure, so i know that doesnt hold water. Shockey trains in Miami because he plays against college kids who are workin there asses off, as opossed to seasoned vets who are just going through the motions. Atleast thats what I like to think. Does it make sense? I cant say any negative about him untill this year pans out and we see his performance and attitude.I think thats only fair, because I find it hard to believe Shockey was a cancer to this team when all he did was keep his mouth shut this passed year. Missed 2 games and still has the 3rd most receptions on the team after not being ulilized like he should be.

I think we are. I think we would have blown out GB if he was on the team and won by 10 against the patriots. But we'll never know that for sure, so i know that doesnt hold water. Shockey trains in Miami because he plays against college kids who are workin there asses off, as opossed to seasoned vets who are just going through the motions. Atleast thats what I like to think. Does it make sense? I cant say any negative about him untill this year pans out and we see his performance and attitude.I think thats only fair, because I find it hard to believe Shockey was a cancer to this team when all he did was keep his mouth shut this passed year. Missed 2 games and still has the 3rd most receptions on the team after not being ulilized like he should be.

With Shock - ---0-2 vs Cowboys, 0-1 vs Packers. That might be unfair and even dumb, but saying we would have won by a larger margin vs the pack and Pats is not a very bright thing to say. No offense meant.

Proffesional players, proffesional trainers, professional teams are better than college players, trainers, teams. He is NOT getting a better workout or worse, more prepared for the season by working out in Miami. He works out there because he has yet to frow up and realize he plays professionally. I have made excuses for him working out in Miami before, but it is not for the better of the team. He's always getting hurt, he's alienating his team. mean, how many years does Eli have to say he'd like Shockey in Jersey? Forget that, cause he's probly said it for the last time.

How did Shockey keep his mouth shut? By complaining about his role on the team while he was INURED,,,,, AGAIN.....and giving the team an ultimatum?

I know I'm coming off as a Shockey hater, believe me I am not, but it is time for Shockey to grow up.

With Shock - ---0-2 vs Cowboys, 0-1 vs Packers. That might be unfair and even dumb, but saying we would have won by a larger margin vs the pack and Pats is not a very bright thing to say. No offense meant.

Proffesional players, proffesional trainers, professional teams are better than college players, trainers, teams. He is NOT getting a better workout or worse, more prepared for the season by working out in Miami. He works out there because he has yet to frow up and realize he plays professionally. I have made excuses for him working out in Miami before, but it is not for the better of the team. He's always getting hurt, he's alienating his team. mean, how many years does Eli have to say he'd like Shockey in Jersey? Forget that, cause he's probly said it for the last time.

How did Shockey keep his mouth shut? By complaining about his role on the team while he was INURED,,,,, AGAIN.....and giving the team an ultimatum?

I know I'm coming off as a Shockey hater, believe me I am not, but it is time for Shockey to grow up.

It's not dumb, it's absolutly possible the offensive output could have been better. You've no way of knowing otherwise. The Giants didn't break 24 points in the playoffs, we weren't an offensive juggarnaut or anything.

Furthermore, in the 2nd Dallas game, Shockey had his best game of the year with 12 catches and in the first 2 games had 5 catches in both, which is around his average. Shockey on average a game counts for 50 yards at least, that's not too bad. Plus whether he likes Blocking or not, he's way better than Boss, so he does help the offense in giving them more time to get off plays.

It's not dumb, it's absolutly possible the offensive output could have been better. You've no way of knowing otherwise. The Giants didn't break 24 points in the playoffs, we weren't an offensive juggarnaut or anything.

Furthermore, in the 2nd Dallas game, Shockey had his best game of the year with 12 catches and in the first 2 games had 5 catches in both, which is around his average. Shockey on average a game counts for 50 yards at least, that's not too bad. Plus whether he likes Blocking or not, he's way better than Boss, so he does help the offense in giving them more time to get off plays.

When did I say Boss was better at any aspect of the game than Shockey? The only point I've been attempting to make is that Shockey is a bone head, has been a bone head for years and shows no signs of stopping the boneheadedness. I never said the offense was more capable without Shockey, only countered eagleeyes argument that with Shockey, we would have beaten teams worse than we did, teams we lost to with Shockey. The simple fact is the team played better without Shockey, is that because Boss is a better player than Shockey>? Hell no, is it because Shockey wasnb't on the field throwing up his arms at bad passes, and being a pain in the ass? Quite possibly.

When did I say Boss was better at any aspect of the game than Shockey? The only point I've been attempting to make is that Shockey is a bone head, has been a bone head for years and shows no signs of stopping the boneheadedness. I never said the offense was more capable without Shockey, only countered eagleeyes argument that with Shockey, we would have beaten teams worse than we did, teams we lost to with Shockey. The simple fact is the team played better without Shockey, is that because Boss is a better player than Shockey>? Hell no, is it because Shockey wasnb't on the field throwing up his arms at bad passes, and being a pain in the ass? Quite possibly.

I didn't see any of that this year. It's quite possible that it did happen, but as far as I know, that hasn't gone on since the 2006 season.

Our season didn't turn around when Shockey went down either. Shockey went down in the second Redskins game and Eli turned in a subpar performance the next week against Buffalo. Our season turned around when Gilbride pulled his head out of his ass and started calling a more balanced and "Eli-Friendly" gameplan.

I didn't see any of that this year. It's quite possible that it did happen, but as far as I know, that hasn't gone on since the 2006 season.

Our season didn't turn around when Shockey went down either. Shockey went down in the second Redskins game and Eli turned in a subpar performance the next week against Buffalo. Our season turned around when Gilbride pulled his head out of his ass and started calling a more balanced and "Eli-Friendly" gameplan.

AMEN!!!! BTw great pic of te superbowl ring.

All he demonstrated was that he can play the position we drafted him at that year. Moving Kiwi back to DE opens up a hole at LB.

In all fairness, Kiwi had demonstrated he was the heir apparent to Strahan in his rookie season. It's not his fault he was moved to a new position, it wasn't because he played badly at DE, in fact just the opposite. If Kiwi is moved back, who starts really doesn't matter because both he and Tuck will see tons of time in the rotation.

I never said you said anything about Boss being better.

Don't you think it's kind of silly to be making comments about "teams we lost to with Shockey". Seriously, we had a winning record before he got hurt. We didn't mount a tremendous comeback against the Skins when he got carted off. We beat the Bills and lost to the Pats. We averaged a whopping 21.4 points a game in the playoffs without him. Let's forget the fact that Eli "actually played better in the playoffs", let's forget the fact that our defense actually killed teams (please note that Shockey does not play defense, so he's not on the field for half the game at least). He does not kick or punt or play special teams. No, he has pissed us off in the past, so now all of this sudden improvement in the team is down to the fact of one thing, "Jeremy Shockey got hurt so his arm waving and tantrums were not around to stop us from winning". You've got to be kidding me.

And after pointing out that in the 3 games you noted, he actually played above and average and in one he played great, you still noted "teams we lost to with Shockey". We lost both Dallas games because our defense couldnt' stop shit and the Green Bay game they pretty much gave up. Eli had 4 interceptions in the Vikings game, stunk up the joint against the Skins.

It would be nice sometimes not to start saying the certain players suck because they are pissing us off with their behaviour as opposed to their performance. Tiki didn't suck, but he's on the Today show now so he kinda did.

BOOHYAH

:)

Don't you think it's kind of silly to be making comments about "teams we lost to with Shockey". Seriously, we had a winning record before he got hurt. We didn't mount a tremendous comeback against the Skins when he got carted off. We beat the Bills and lost to the Pats. We averaged a whopping 21.4 points a game in the playoffs without him. Let's forget the fact that Eli "actually played better in the playoffs", let's forget the fact that our defense actually killed teams (please note that Shockey does not play defense, so he's not on the field for half the game at least). He does not kick or punt or play special teams. No, he has pissed us off in the past, so now all of this sudden improvement in the team is down to the fact of one thing, "Jeremy Shockey got hurt so his arm waving and tantrums were not around to stop us from winning". You've got to be kidding me.

And after pointing out that in the 3 games you noted, he actually played above and average and in one he played great, you still noted "teams we lost to with Shockey". We lost both Dallas games because our defense couldnt' stop shit and the Green Bay game they pretty much gave up. Eli had 4 interceptions in the Vikings game, stunk up the joint against the Skins.

It would be nice sometimes not to start saying the certain players suck because they are pissing us off with their behaviour as opposed to their performance. Tiki didn't suck, but he's on the Today show now so he kinda did.

All he demonstrated was that he can play the position we drafted him at that year. Moving Kiwi back to DE opens up a hole at LB.

Of course it creates a huge whole, I was only saying that if Kiwi gets moved back if Strahan retires, he'd be as deserving of starting as Tuck. And he did a bit more than show he can play the position he was drafted for, he played well above average for a rookie DE.

Lets clear something up. I never said Shockey did not play well against the teams I mentioned, I never meant to imply we lost those games because Shockey was playing in them. My only complaint in this whole thread is that it was said we would have won by more points if Shockey was on the field. Not so much that it isn't plausible, but saying we would have won by more with so and so playing doesn't make a lot of sense to me because ultimately, we still won. If we lost one of those games, then yeah, you can say Shockey might have been a deciding factor.

Also, I DO NOT WANT SHOCKEY TO BE TRADED. .....BUT, if it happens I think it would improve team chemistry. My reasoning, the trade me or change me thing he gave the team. Is it true, maybe, maybe not, I lean towards it being true. If it is, then yeah I don't want a guy being that selfish on the team.

I love Jeremy, but I love the Giants more. If trading Shockey helps this team, then I'm sorry.