SportsWrath

new Shockey Rumor

Lughead

Jeremy Shockey Searches for New Real Estate, Saints Might Have Moved On

Posted Apr 16th 2008 12:15PM by Tom Mantzouranis

Saints, NFL Draft

dustin-keller-saintsvisit.jpg

These pesky Jeremy Shockey rumors aren't subsiding, and they won't soon if a New Era Scouting report is true that Shockey is scoping out houses in New Orleans. It's a throwaway line in a larger article, and given my skepticism regarding the credibility of all of these new "inside source" football sites, I'm not sure how accurate it is. But there ya go.

The New York Post has refuted rumors that Shockey will be dealt to the Saints (with the most recent gossip that the Saints turned down demands of a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper). The Post, however, is the only source outright denying the rumors, and I tend to believe where there's smoke there's fire. Plus, it's the Post.

I think dealing for Shockey would be beneficial, but only for the right price. If the Giants must have anything close to what they've asked for, the Saints would be better off exploring other options. Which brings us to Dustin Keller.

The Saints brought arguably the best tight end in the draft for a visit that extended beyond the typical pleasantries of pre-draft

. The team rolled out the red carpet for Keller, and his fellow Purdue alum Drew Brees said he'd "love" to have Keller as his tight end in 2008.

The Saints might very possibly be interested in Keller, who should be around when they pick at #40. Or this could be a smokescreen to force the Giants' hands. Either way, they're improving at tight end. Meanwh

I bet this shit is coming out of New Orleans, this new Giants management with Reese is a bunker like mentality, tight lipped say nothing the Patriot way. Here is what I tell the Saints, give us your first round pick, Reggie Bush, Roman Harper and some Mardi Gras beeds and you can have Shockey.

I bet this shit is coming out of New Orleans, this new Giants management with Reese is a bunker like mentality, tight lipped say nothing the Patriot way. Here is what I tell the Saints, give us your first round pick, Reggie Bush, Roman Harper and some Mardi Gras beeds and you can have Shockey.

Throw in all the hot chicks flashing people for them and I'd say deal.

Why would you want Reggie Bush? Take Will Smith instead.