SportsWrath

Giants (10-1) to repeat...

so-cal dub

February 4, 2008

Champs not favorites

Brace yourself … The Super Bowl champion Giants are not exactly favorites to win Super Bowl XLIII. In fact, they’re only co-favorites to win the NFC next year.

It’s a little early for odds, and I’m sure they’ll vary from place to place, but BodogLife.com sent out a release today saying the Giants are 10-1 to repeat as NFL champions. The Patriots, who by the way lost last night, are the favorites at 4-1.

Behind them are the Chargers (6-1) and the Colts (8-1). The Cowboys and Giants are both 10-1.

The Jets are 80-1, which I think is low. The Falcons, Chiefs, Dolphins and Raiders are all 100-1 shots to win it all.

I like those odds.

I like those odds.

Well, we clearly can't beat teams with winning records. And we'll never get a championship with Coughlin as coach. Not to mention we blew it with that trade a couple of years ago.

We simply don't have any talent. After all, we only have one member of the team in the Pro-Bowl.

Well, we clearly can't beat teams with winning records. And we'll never get a championship with Coughlin as coach. Not to mention we blew it with that trade a couple of years ago.

We simply don't have any talent. After all, we only have one member of the team in the Pro-Bowl.

During Osi's NFL Network interview he said he was going to boycott so that the SB winning team has no PBers. Dieon talked him out of it but I think he should. Shows how much the media and fans know about who the star players are. In the last Giant SB appearance I think the Giants only had 2 (Strahan and Armstead). Giants get no respect.

I like those odds.

If this last Giants run has proven anything, it's that the "experts" know absolutely NOTHING!!!!! They are already trying to pick who is going to win the Super Bowl, and actually arguing about it, like they have any clue. This 24 hour news/sports coverage started out as a great idea, but it's pretty pathetic now.

The line that I saw today had us at 8-1. Hell let them keep doubting. Although I don't know how they can still doubt us (seeing as how we're Super Bowl Champions) but it's continuing to work in our favor.

10-6 is how. This team is streaky to say the least. I hope the Giants win every year but realistically repeating is very very hard to do. 8-1 is actually good odds.

If this last Giants run has proven anything, it's that the "experts" know absolutely NOTHING!!!!! They are already trying to pick who is going to win the Super Bowl, and actually arguing about it, like they have any clue. This 24 hour news/sports coverage started out as a great idea, but it's pretty pathetic now.

Absolutely right.

Besides, look what going into this season with "no shot" did for us! :P