SportsWrath

America can sleep better...

Nas

I celebrated so hard I woke up buck naked on the couch at 5:30 am.

I remember going to bed around midnight, but how I got on the couch I have no idea.

Must have dreamt you were Bradshaw recovering that fumble on the exchange that the Cheatriots got and he stole. :P

I celebrated so hard I woke up buck naked on the couch at 5:30 am.

I remember going to bed around midnight, but how I got on the couch I have no idea.

By the time the game was over I was totally spent. Whatever energy I had left was wasted jumping up and down when Eli hooked up with Plax.. and I still had my heart in my throat when Brady threw that bomb to Moss.. the 2 passes really.

My phone rang one second after that last incompletion and it was my friends in brooklyn going absolutely nuts. They convinced me to go there so we can party.. and I did.. I was just too out of it to scream.. everyone knows how much of a die-hard fan I am when it comes to the Giants.. they were stunned to see me that humble.. I was just out of it.. and ended up driving to the back to the Bronx after I concluded going out and getting wasted may not be a good idea.. given that I have to be at work the next day...

I got back home and I couldn't sleep.. I watched ESPN till probably 3 AM... went to sleep.. but didn't really sleep... I kept waking up... sure enough I emailed my boss saying I can't make it.. I was that out of it.

Tomorrow I'm taking a personal day and I will be at the parade.

I fell asleep around 1... then I had to get up at 6. I'm tired.

I lost my voice, my father lost his voice, I think that my heart stopped beating for the entire second half and after the game I spent the next 20 minutes is tears and two hours after that texting and calling everyone I could. I'm just now getting all of my voice back. I am beyond proud of this team... and aside from that I'm very proud of David Tyree. Tyree is a friend of the family. I haven't met his personally, but my aunt taught him in elementary school.

I'm glad to see so many people were in tears after the win last night. I sure was man...I waited my whole life to see that and though I was alive for the other 2 wins, I was too young to remember it and I still had a horrible taste in my mouth from the 2000 season...

Wow....I thought I was the only one who cried. I was so emotionally overwhelmed with that last drive seeing Smith, Tyree, and then Plax pull off the impossible and then having to hold my breath while Brady heaved it downfield twice. I was too stunned to scream. I just kept saying over and over that "I can't believe it..". I couldn't grasp the reality of it all and as bits and pieces of reality set in, tears started rolling down my cheeks. When Plax was interviewed and I saw him choke up and lose it....I lost it right along with him.

It's now Tuesday and I think I have finally come to grips with the reality of it all. I've logged in only about 36 hours straight of every sports program imaginable analyzing the game and the shear gravity of what happened. Still...I haven't been able to think of anything but that game (when I'm conscious anyway) since the last minute of the game.

But you know what really sucks???? I used my DVR to record the game and it wasn't until last night that I discovered the DVR quit recording at 10:00PM because it only allocates 3 1/2 hours for a football game so you guessed it. I have the entire game recorded except for the last six minutes. Talk about pissing me off!!! :furious:

Hopefully, the DVD will be out soon.

The Cowboys might advertise themselves as "America's Team", but Sunday Night....there was no need for the Giants to spend tens of millions in advertising to claim to be America's team like the Cowboys do....they simply were America's team. One of the most memorable nights of my life.

Wow....I thought I was the only one who cried. I was so emotionally overwhelmed with that last drive seeing Smith, Tyree, and then Plax pull off the impossible and then having to hold my breath while Brady heaved it downfield twice. I was too stunned to scream. I just kept saying over and over that "I can't believe it..". I couldn't grasp the reality of it all and as bits and pieces of reality set in, tears started rolling down my cheeks. When Plax was interviewed and I saw him choke up and lose it....I lost it right along with him.

It's now Tuesday and I think I have finally come to grips with the reality of it all. I've logged in only about 36 hours straight of every sports program imaginable analyzing the game and the shear gravity of what happened. Still...I haven't been able to think of anything but that game (when I'm conscious anyway) since the last minute of the game.

But you know what really sucks???? I used my DVR to record the game and it wasn't until last night that I discovered the DVR quit recording at 10:00PM because it only allocates 3 1/2 hours for a football game so you guessed it. I have the entire game recorded except for the last six minutes. Talk about pissing me off!!! :furious:

Hopefully, the DVD will be out soon.

The Cowboys might advertise themselves as "America's Team", but Sunday Night....there was no need for the Giants to spend tens of millions in advertising to claim to be America's team like the Cowboys do....they simply were America's team. One of the most memorable nights of my life.

Oh no my friend, I cried too. And Im proud of it. My kids saw me cry, and they shed a tear too. Both my children are following in dads footsteps, they both LOVE the Giants. But my son is JUST LIKE DAD. He is becoming so DIE HARD its not even funny. I was so happy for my kids, they are witnessing what I did that cemented my place in Giant fan history. A SB w/ franchise QB at a very impressionable age. (Simms in 86')

DAMN BLEEDIN! Itcut off? That sucks!