SportsWrath

MVP Award

Lubeck

There is some discussion over at CBS that Eli doesn't deserve the MVP award.

Sounds to me like the Eli haters can't give it up. He outplayed Brady, the INT wasn't his fault (shoulda been caught, score woulda been more....shoulda woulda coulda) hell he played better than his brother did the year before going up against the head coach who spends the time his offense is on the field personally coaching the defense.

Eli deserves the award no doubt.

Sounds to me like the Eli haters can't give it up. He outplayed Brady, the INT wasn't his fault (shoulda been caught, score woulda been more....shoulda woulda coulda) hell he played better than his brother did the year before going up against the head coach who spends the time his offense is on the field personally coaching the defense.

Until that last drive, I was saying it should be given to Tuck, but it was that final drive that cemented the voters and Eli's legacy.

It could have been a few people. The whole D-Line or Tyree (comin out of nowhere!). But Eli certainly earned that award. And I agree he deserved it more than his brother did last year. That was Rhodes all the way.

I guess he will just never get respect from some of the media. Oh well.....he doesn't need it to win!

It could have been a few people. The whole D-Line or Tyree (comin out of nowhere!). But Eli certainly earned that award. And I agree he deserved it more than his brother did last year. That was Rhodes all the way.

I guess he will just never get respect from some of the media. Oh well.....he doesn't need it to win!

If they really wanted to end debates, they would take away the vote from the fans. Stop letting fans vote for everything...IN EVERY SPORT!!!!! All star games, MVP trophies, ugh....let it stop. Let the stats decide.

Until that last drive, I was saying it should be given to Tuck, but it was that final drive that cemented the voters and Eli's legacy.

I agree with you, not sure if it's ever been done before but the whole

defensive line should have gotten Superbowl MVP.

I thought it was up between Strahan,Tuck and Eli

Strahan was making tackles, had a sack and even that one tipped ball was amazing

Tuck showed that once again he is a f&^%ing beast

But Eli deserves it. He played a full game and didn't make any mistakes outside of that one tip that wasent entirely his fault. He had two 4th quarter TD's and also one of the best athletic plays in the history of the superbowl. Being able to avoid four pats then being able to get the ball down field. So I think the right guy got the honor of MVP.

Im with you, until the end, I thought it would be a Defensive player. But ending it like that, Eli all the way!

I am not an Eli hater. And Eli played very well. But I think the D-line was the superstar for the Giants. I think you need a really good reason to consider an offensive player for the MVP when the final score is 17-14. Likewise I would be a bit puzzled by awarding a defensive player such an award if the final score is 40-38.

Here I don't see such a reason. The final drive was great. As was the opening drive. The defense line was freaking awesome the entire game. I am sure you have heard time and time again, that "Brady has all the time in the world to pass." The fact remains not withstanding yesterday, the Patriots has one the best pass protection offensive line if not the best on in the league.

The Giants was the only team this year to break thru that o-line. They truly were the difference maker without the outstanding d-line, given what Brady, Welker, and Moss can do if there isn't pressure and given that the Giants secondary is not really great, without the outstanding play of the d-line, the offenses 17 points would have hung on the losing end of something in the neighborhood of 35-17.

It is not unusual for a QB to get more credit than he deserves in a win, and it certainly is the norm for the QB to take an unfair quantity of blame for loses. So this it maybe only fair he receive the award to make up for all the bashing he took for the mistakes of others.

But the real difference maker in this game was the D-line. When the 13 teams scheduled to play the Patriots next season sit down and get ready. The question is not going to be "what did Eli do differently against the Patriots to allow them to succeed where every else one failed?" No, the question will be, "how did the Giants d-line manage to get around the Pats o-line and hit Brady, and how can we emulate that."

Once again, no knock on Eli. And he clearly came into his own this year. But the stars at tomorrow parade should be the front 4.

I am not an Eli hater. And Eli played very well. But I think the D-line was the superstar for the Giants. I think you need a really good reason to consider an offensive player for the MVP when the final score is 17-14. Likewise I would be a bit puzzled by awarding a defensive player such an award if the final score is 40-38.

Here I don't see such a reason. The final drive was great. As was the opening drive. The defense line was freaking awesome the entire game. I am sure you have heard time and time again, that "Brady has all the time in the world to pass." The fact remains not withstanding yesterday, the Patriots has one the best pass protection offensive line if not the best on in the league.

The Giants was the only team this year to break thru that o-line. They truly were the difference maker without the outstanding d-line, given what Brady, Welker, and Moss can do if there isn't pressure and given that the Giants secondary is not really great, without the outstanding play of the d-line, the offenses 17 points would have hung on the losing end of something in the neighborhood of 35-17.

It is not unusual for a QB to get more credit than he deserves in a win, and it certainly is the norm for the QB to take an unfair quantity of blame for loses. So this it maybe only fair he receive the award to make up for all the bashing he took for the mistakes of others.

But the real difference maker in this game was the D-line. When the 13 teams scheduled to play the Patriots next season sit down and get ready. The question is not going to be "what did Eli do differently against the Patriots to allow them to succeed where every else one failed?" No, the question will be, "how did the Giants d-line manage to get around the Pats o-line and hit Brady, and how can we emulate that."

Once again, no knock on Eli. And he clearly came into his own this year. But the stars at tomorrow parade should be the front 4.

No knock taken, at least not from me. And I agree, well said. It most likely is the final drive, and all the bashing he took that gave him the MVP. But there is no doubt in anyones mind that the front four(6 w/ Alford and Tuck rotating in) were the stars.

No knock taken, at least not from me. And I agree, well said. It most likely is the final drive, and all the bashing he took that gave him the MVP. But there is no doubt in anyones mind that the front four(6 w/ Alford and Tuck rotating in) were the stars.

Spagnuolo and the D definitely get the MVP. Holding the Pats to 14 points and getting 5 sacks is insane. Now where's that Spagatar?

I thought Eli played a good game and had that great drive at the end but it wasn't an amazing performance. They seemed to always give those to either a quarterback, running back, or wide receiver though.

Really the MVP was the Giants defensive line (I know they don't give it to a unit) but that was undeniably the key to the game for the Giants.

They were able to constantly get to Brady like no other team has been able to. I was thinking someone on that defensive line would have been appropriate. They always go for the flashy position though.

I normally do not agree with Marble Mouth Fransceca but he just said something I agree with; everyone is talking about the Dline but if Eli doesn't pull off that game-winning drive Brady did to the Giants D what Eli did to the Pats D and no one is talking about the Giants Dline.

I normally do not agree with Marble Mouth Fransceca but he just said something I agree with; everyone is talking about the Dline but if Eli doesn't pull off that game-winning drive Brady did to the Giants D what Eli did to the Pats D and no one is talking about the Giants Dline.

But if the D line didn't do what they did to Brady than Eli's drive would have been about 27 points too little.

No doubt, it was a great drive Eli had and a needed one to win but I think the Giants defensive line were more deserving.

But if the D line didn't do what they did to Brady than Eli's drive would have been about 27 points too little.

No doubt, it was a great drive Eli had and a needed one to win but I think the Giants defensive line were more deserving.

We could go back and forth forever. Bottom line is, the TEAM played well. D did what they had to, left the door open for Eli to lead a game winning drive and coaching made all the right moves. The TEAM was the MVP. But since you have to give it to one person, give it to the person who scored the winning TD.

We could go back and forth forever. Bottom line is, the TEAM played well. D did what they had to, left the door open for Eli to lead a game winning drive and coaching made all the right moves. The TEAM was the MVP. But since you have to give it to one person, give it to the person who scored the winning TD.

For sure and the QB gets the MVP 50% of the time. QB, especially Manning, gets all the criticism so some of the glory is fitting.