SportsWrath

Peter King interview on Sirius

xxi-xxv

Interstingly said on Afternoon blitz with Shein and Wilcots that the Giants never sent more men than the Pats could block at any time in the game until late in the 4th quarter, where they sent Butler and Gbril along with a LB(think he said Torbor) and Brady competed a 5 yrd pass to Moss. Said he watched the game film and saw this.

Does this mean more blitzing or do the Giants try and get there with the standard 4-5 guys pressuring the QB?

Interstingly said on Afternoon blitz with Shein and Wilcots that the Giants never sent more men than the Pats could block at any time in the game until late in the 4th quarter, where they sent Butler and Gbril along with a LB(think he said Torbor) and Brady competed a 5 yrd pass to Moss. Said he watched the game film and saw this.

Does this mean more blitzing or do the Giants try and get there with the standard 4-5 guys pressuring the QB?

As you know every game takes a shape of its own. I think the Giants will start with their basic defense.. trying to pressure Brady with the front 4. If they don't find much success, then they will improvise.. although they won't wait till the 4 Qtr this time around.

I would show them the same stuff they say before in the first two to three maybe four series , then start spurts of blitzes slowly adding more and more as the game wore on . (unless we were in a good blitz situation early on)

Actually that kinda sounds like what they did the last time they met :rolleyes:

I would not Blitz all the damn time or right out of the chute there is no need in running our LB'ers into the ground before the Half. I would use the blitz in the second half (again unless we were in a situation to use a Blitz) to see how Brady reacts maybe it would give us a glimpse into how they Game planned for our blitzes then at Half time Spag's could make Adjustments Maybe throw in some stunt Blitzes/fake Blitzes Etc...

As you know every game takes a shape of its own. I think the Giants will start with their basic defense.. trying to pressure Brady with the front 4. If they don't find much success, then they will improvise.. although they won't wait till the 4 Qtr this time around.

This is entirely true. They must get pressure no matter what, otherwise Brady will have a field day. I think they are going to have to blitz a good amount of the time, and keep Brady guessing on where it's coming from. And they have to contain Maroney like they did in the first meeting.

The Offense might be more important. Brady and Co. haven't been held under 20 points at all this year. I doubt we'll be able to do it on the track in Arizona. Eli is going to have to sustain a lot of drives and keep the Patriot offense off the field. To me, that is our best defense. And we need to get points in most of our drives. And at the same time, not have turnovers and maybe we need Hixon to run one back for us again. Our special teams needs to continue their great play as of late in setting us up in good field position situations. To me, the first team to 30 points wins this game.

We might as well send Butler on every play since he's fucking useless in coverage. :brooding:

He really is isn't he. I suspect he will be the first one they look to upgrade this off season. He is a quality backup though.

Not sure about that analysis. If I was the coach of the Giants I would want to repeat the first three quarters.... the fourth quarter was the problem one for the Giants.

Not sure about that analysis. If I was the coach of the Giants I would want to repeat the first three quarters.... the fourth quarter was the problem one for the Giants.

Agreed, although in the 4th quarter under the same circumstances I might be more apt to blitz as it is concieveable that the O line may become more suspect to this in the later stages of the game