SportsWrath

It’s nice that NE is still undefeated.

Ditto

Eli has one of his good days.

Our D line can put pressure on Brady while still stuffing the run.

Jacobs is healthy. (Hopefully, Bradshaw gets some carries before that game. Why do I root for teams that hate to play rookies?)

I do believe NE will go all out with their regulars to remain undefeated.

lol keep dreamin ditto. ;)

the best we can hope for is a ne loss before, that way they'll be less inclined to go balls to the wall.

What if I throw in a pound of luck with that, like a turn over or two?

And, Tree, I think we'd be more likely to pull our regulars first since we don't have a bye week.

What if I throw in a pound of luck with that, like a turn over or two?

And, Tree, I think we'd be more likely to pull our regulars first since we don't have a bye week.

So far a turnover or two hasn't kept them from winning.

If Philly can hang with them, so can we. Any given Sunday.

We're not competitive against good teams and the Patriots aren't just good they're lucky as hell too.

I hope they lose before they play the Giants, we'll get crushed and someone is going to get hurt.

We're not competitive against good teams and the Patriots aren't just good they're lucky as hell too.

I hope they lose before they play the Giants, we'll get crushed and someone is going to get hurt.

That nails it. They haven't played a game yet where they've had more turnovers than an opponent, and when Brady is 'under pressure' that means he only had 3-5 seconds to throw the football.

Not to mention every little thing that falls their way.

Jacobs is healthy. (Hopefully, Bradshaw gets some carries before that game. Why do I root for teams that hate to play rookies?)

The Patriots don't seem all that interested in establishing a run game, nor do they have to...The Dog is pretty sure putting pressure on Brady while stopping the run isn't the issue...the issue is pressuring Brady and still being able to cover the weapons on the outside...which no team is yet to be successful with (inlcuding teams much more talented defensively then the Giants...)...

The Patriots don't seem all that interested in establishing a run game, nor do they have to...The Dog is pretty sure putting pressure on Brady while stopping the run isn't the issue...the issue is pressuring Brady and still being able to cover the weapons on the outside...which no team is yet to be successful with (inlcuding teams much more talented defensively then the Giants...)...

Yeah, I don't think it's possible (stopping Brady and co). Like last night, the best way to achieve that is by keeping their offense on the sideline with long sustaining drives. Something we haven't done much of lately.

You mean, if we happen to get to the WS, we might as well not even show up then, huh?

You mean, if we happen to get to the WS, we might as well not even show up then, huh?

The reality of it is the Patriots game will most likely be meaningless to the Giants...and if NE loses between now and then, it will definately be meaningless to them...The Dog isn't saying that any team can't beat any other team on any given day...the second reality is, for the Giants (and almost any team that isn't Indianapolis, Pittsburgh or Dallas) will need an excessive amount of good fortune to beat NE...and even those teams will need help, although they stand the best chance of going toe-to-toe with them...

The reality of it is the Patriots game will most likely be meaningless to the Giants...and if NE loses between now and then, it will definately be meaningless to them...The Dog isn't saying that any team can't beat any other team on any given day...the second reality is, for the Giants (and almost any team that isn't Indianapolis, Pittsburgh or Dallas) will need an excessive amount of good fortune to beat NE...and even those teams will need help, although they stand the best chance of going toe-to-toe with them...

The fact that 2 teams stood toe to toe with them in consecutive weeks says otherwise. Let alone two sub par teams. A dismal offense in Baltimore just ran right down NE's throat.

A good team that sticks to the game plan and doesn't start throwing every down if they find themselves down by 10 points stands as good a chance of beating them as any other.

I doubt the Giants beat them, but they have just a good a shot at it as any team. Dallas and Indy have already lost to them, so we'll see what happens in a few weeks.

If we have a spot clinched by then, I will be fuming if our starters are in during the second half.

Coughlin shouldn't feel the need to beat the Pats that bad to have Plax out there hobbling with nothing on the line and risk others. My hope is that it'll be a pre-season game by the third quarter, they'll be up 31-10 and it'll be Wright vs. Cassel.

Do we really want to go toe to toe for 60 minutes, only to lose and then go on a 4+ hour flight to Seattle barely a week after?

If we have a spot clinched by then, I will be fuming if our starters are in during the second half.

Coughlin shouldn't feel the need to beat the Pats that bad to have Plax out there hobbling with nothing on the line and risk others. My hope is that it'll be a pre-season game by the third quarter, they'll be up 31-10 and it'll be Wright vs. Cassel.

Do we really want to go toe to toe for 60 minutes, only to lose and then go on a 4+ hour flight to Seattle barely a week after?

If NE is still undefeated by that game we'll be in a lose lose situation. If TC plays the starters the whole game he'll be criticised for not resting them in a meaningless game. If he rests the starters at all he'll be criticised for giving the pats the game, and perfect season.

I'm sure that thought has crossed our minds at some point this season. However it's been my observation that Manning plays terrible in cold weather (hopefully I'm wrong). I basically looked how we get worse as the season progresses and saw his play against the Vikes and the Bears .. both games were played in relatively colder weather than prior games.

I'm sure they'll sit half of their starters...after they put up 54 points on us in the fisrt half.

Hmmm... I think we're far too proud to allow them to run all over us. I'm sure we're going to take a page or 2 out of the Eagles' and the Ravens' playbooks.

I think what sets us apart from those 2 teams is that we have a decent offense that can actually score points instead of choking like the Ravens did.

Wasn't it 1998? Denver Broncos 13-0 coming to Giants stadium? The Giants were what? 5-8?

The fact that 2 teams stood toe to toe with them in consecutive weeks says otherwise. Let alone two sub par teams. A dismal offense in Baltimore just ran right down NE's throat.

A good team that sticks to the game plan and doesn't start throwing every down if they find themselves down by 10 points stands as good a chance of beating them as any other.

I doubt the Giants beat them, but they have just a good a shot at it as any team. Dallas and Indy have already lost to them, so we'll see what happens in a few weeks.

The Dog's point is that when NE is playing at a high level, lower tier teams will not be able to stand toe-to-toe...in both of those games, NE made uncharacteristic mistakes...Indy, Dallas, and Pittsburgh are possibly the only teams that can stay with NE at this time when they are playing their best...

Baltimore has one of the best run games in the league (The Dog is pretty sure McGahee is in the top 3 in ruching this year), NE/Brady made some mistakes, Baltimore's defense is still solid, and their was a nasty wind that apparently plays to Kyle Bohler's style of play (he played about as good as he is capabale of...), and NE still won that game...The Eagles defense is still solid, Feeley played out of his mind that night, and Westbrook is still a top weapon in the NFL, and again, NE did not play well...and the Eagles still lost...

The Dog isn't saying NE is unbeatable, because every NFL team is...but the fact is, when playing their best, few if any teams will stay with them...

Hmmm... I think we're far too proud to allow them to run all over us. I'm sure we're going to take a page or 2 out of the Eagles' and the Ravens' playbooks.

I think what sets us apart from those 2 teams is that we have a decent offense that can actually score points instead of choking like the Ravens did.

Not too proud for the Cowboys and Vikings.

Pride has nothing to do with it. The match-up of our secondary to their receivers does. We've failed to take care of a team's big-play receiver all year, and they have three of them.

If NE is still undefeated by that game we'll be in a lose lose situation. If TC plays the starters the whole game he'll be criticised for not resting them in a meaningless game. If he rests the starters at all he'll be criticised for giving the pats the game, and perfect season.

Yeah but if TC knows what's right he won't care about that. People will give the Pats another asterisk because the last game of the year a team gave them their 16th win. But 15 other teams would have had their chance and failed. We wouldnt be any different.