SportsWrath

Twins May Want Cano and prospects for Santana

NeMesiS

Trade a guy like Cano and prospects, probably Horne, for a one year rental. Yeah, no brainer alright. I say hell no.

Well obvious we would give him the 7 year - 140 Million Deal Santana wants... We need pitching, and we need it bad.

Nem, no disrespect, but I'm glad you're not our GM. Cano is just learning how to hit a curve ball and is on the verge of becoming a 100 rbi guy. I can't see trading him for a guy whose arm could go out with one pitch. It's the same with Reyes. He was the Mets MVP till he petered out, and that's not going to happen every year.

They might take a package with Damon and prospects if we pay part of Damon's salary. I just hope the package doesn't include Hughes, Joba or Kennedy.

Nem, no disrespect, but I'm glad you're not our GM. Cano is just learning how to hit a curve ball and is on the verge of becoming a 100 rbi guy. I can't see trading him for a guy whose arm could go out with one pitch. It's the same with Reyes. He was the Mets MVP till he petered out, and that's not going to happen every year.

They might take a package with Damon and prospects if we pay part of Damon's salary. I just hope the package doesn't include Hughes, Joba or Kennedy.

None taken... :)

Hitting is no the problem. We need pitchin and we need it bad. I can't even remember the last time we had a true number one on our pitching rotation. I totally agree....I don't want the Yanks trasing Hughes, Jaba or kennedy. And I know Cano will probably be MVP candidate for years to come. But I see J. Santana doing for us what Jimmy Key did 10 Years ago.

Not getting Santana would be a hugh mistake.

Well obvious we would give him the 7 year - 140 Million Deal Santana wants... We need pitching, and we need it bad.

we have pitching, mind you young pitching, but we have it. Joba, Hughes, Kennedy, Horne. In a couple years we will, or should, resemble the Braves of the 90's.

I dont want to part with any of them for another starting pitcher. The Yanks are cursed with traded SP...

tabata is a soon to be 40/40 guy

I think you have jose tabata confused with reds outfield prospect jay bruce.

Tabata has never hit more than 5 home runs in a season or stolen more than 15 bases. He has never played a game above A ball, is 19 years old and just had surgery on his wrist. Now, Im not saying he isnt going to be a good major league player some day, I believe he will (alot depends on how his wrist is), but he is at least 3 years away from seeing the major leagues and I highly doubt he will ever be a 30/30 guy let alone a 40/40 guy. If the Twins want him included in the Santana deal, Ill buy him the plane ticket to Minneapolis.

According to espn.com Hughes is now part of the package.

That certainly sucks. Of course, it could be a ploy to get the Sox to up their offer and give up Bulcholtz and Ellsbury. There's no way the Twins are going to take Crisp and Lester.

That certainly sucks. Of course, it could be a ploy to get the Sox to up their offer and give up Bulcholtz and Ellsbury. There's no way the Twins are going to take Crisp and Lester.

Might be. Yanks are offering Hughes, Cabrera and a second tier prospect supposedly.

But supposedly if the sox include Buckholtz or Ellsbury, that'd be the deal the Twins prefer.

None taken... :)

Hitting is no the problem. We need pitchin and we need it bad. I can't even remember the last time we had a true number one on our pitching rotation. I totally agree....I don't want the Yanks trasing Hughes, Jaba or kennedy. And I know Cano will probably be MVP candidate for years to come. But I see J. Santana doing for us what Jimmy Key did 10 Years ago.

Not getting Santana would be a hugh mistake.

Nem, I thought the same thing and then I recalled how unlucky we have been going after starters. Just look at all the disasters we have had the past several years. None of those guys are playing for us and one of them Pavano will go down as one of the worst deals ever. Some guys just can't play here.