SportsWrath

Don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but...

Sephiroth

Could we all temper our enthusiasm just a LITTLE bit?

Superbowl talk, playoffs, and Eli in the Pro Bowl... didn't we start out 6-2 last year and fuck it up the last eight games? And if there's one thing this Giants team has proven over and over again, it's that they just CAN NOT deal with success.

When we hit 8 wins, we can start all this nonsense... let's make sure we don't once again fall victim to bad coaching, 6th grade locker-room antics, and our quarterback's annual midseason slump before we start all the crazy talk... and at this point, it IS crazy talk.

Could we all temper our enthusiasm just a LITTLE bit?

Superbowl talk, playoffs, and Eli in the Pro Bowl... didn't we start out 6-2 last year and fuck it up the last eight games? And if there's one thing this Giants team has proven over and over again, it's that they just CAN NOT deal with success.

When we hit 8 wins, we can start all this nonsense... let's make sure we don't once again fall victim to bad coaching, 6th grade locker-room antics, and our quarterback's annual midseason slump before we start all the crazy talk... and at this point, it IS crazy talk.

I'm with you on this one. Let's take it one game at a time. I hate when fans of other teams get carried away with their teams success, so I can't in good conscience get carried away with this team. I'm a huge fan, love this team through thick and thin, but this is a very inconsistent team. Always has been, and every time I/we get my/hopes up, they tend to let me/us down. So I'm trying not to get too excited until they win a trophy.

8 wins? Let's wait until we've got a play-off spot locked up.

12 wins then I'll get excited. For all I know they're going to blow it again and everyone is going to get injured and Eli's QB rating at the end of the year will be in the low 70s.